Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/176/160

Height: 5'9

Cool Those last freakin pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have been on this lovely journey for about 7 or 8 months and am soo close to my goal. I just cannot get there. I have been playing with the same three pounds since March. Every week I am either up or down the same amount so I just yo yo back and forth. I have been lucky so far as this weight loss has been relatively easy and have done it with little exercise. I walk 3X a day on all my breaks at work but besides that not too much. Is it possible that my body is at a comfortable weight and I should readjust my goal (I am already in the "healthy" BMI range) or should I kick up the exercise and see what happens? Help! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #2  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

You are already below the goal that I had set for myself (which is supposedly my ideal weight) and I am 3 inches shorter than you. I think you should just call it good... that's my opinion.

*Second thought*

You could do both.

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 05-20-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #3  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

you know what? You and I are in the same boat. I am having a **** of a time getting rid of these last 10 lbs. Perseverance! I busted my plateau, you can do it too! In the grand scheme I've only lost about 2 lbs since early march as well. And those 2 lbs have been within the last 3 weeks. I'm told that this is normal the closer you get to your goal weight. This just means this leg of the journey is almost over! We can do it!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  
The Last 10lbs!

J Diddy, I think there are points where your body just feels comfortable. I've been between 149-151 since this time last year and I've had some horrendous months as far as eating goes. I have been on and off the wagon countless times since then but haven't really gained much. Your body might just know where it's happiest and is fighting to remain there, and it could also be the point where your body burns only enough calories to maintain since our metabolic rates drop a bit as we lose weight because it no longer needs to struggle so much to keep our bodies going (or so I hear). I have about 10 lbs left to lose but it feels like it's just never going to happen!! I have never seen a number below 149 and it's a bit discouraging! Hang in there... I intend to give it my best shot and I'm sure both you and I can succeed if we just keep going! Eventually our bodies will respond to something and we'll start losing again.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I would so love to lose 5 more and just stay there. The thing is, I don't know if I want to decrease my calories any further longterm and I don't know if I want to increase my exercise longterm. It seems like my body seems happy here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

The last few pounds have been SOOOOOOOOOO hard! but they are the ones that show most lol!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #7  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

You can do it, change up your fitness routine.
Great job so far!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #8  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
The last few pounds have been SOOOOOOOOOO hard! but they are the ones that show most lol!
Y'know, I'm really starting to sense that, too--I feel like 3-5 lbs makes SUCH a bigger difference now than it ever did before... Right now even at ~156 lbs I already feel like my body has changed since when I was stalling around 161-162 lbs a few weeks ago, whereas in the past it took at least 10 lbs for me to notice any kind of difference... It's so interesting how the smaller we get, the fewer places there are for the weight to come off of, heh!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2Be View Post
Y'know, I'm really starting to sense that, too--I feel like 3-5 lbs makes SUCH a bigger difference now than it ever did before... Right now even at ~156 lbs I already feel like my body has changed since when I was stalling around 161-162 lbs a few weeks ago, whereas in the past it took at least 10 lbs for me to notice any kind of difference... It's so interesting how the smaller we get, the fewer places there are for the weight to come off of, heh!
Well this is something I'm really looking forward to because I've lost nearly 30 pounds so far and I'm barely BARElY going down a size now and it can be rather frustrating when you're losing so much weight and not really seeing the results.
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/176/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks ladies for all the great advice. I did go weigh in last night at WW and I was down 1.6!! Reading this and having that happen last night was the motivation I needed. I decided although I may be happy where I am now that is no reason to see if I can't lose those last few stinkin pounds. I have recommitted to tracking and weighing religiously and no more diet soda and we will see how it goes!! Thanks again for the support. You will see me here a lot more also as this site is a great help!
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Stick with everything that you're doing and those last few lbs WILL come off. I was about 155 and 150 ( my original goal) for the longest time and I just started to focus on exercising and toning and not so much on the lbs lost..eventually I started to go down to 140. Even though I've been in the 138-142 lb range ( I think of it as maintaining) since Oct 2008 I still have people asking me if I've 'lost more weight' I just say nope..just toned and workin my butt off :-). Even though the scale might not change drastically you're physical shape may change and people will notice! I hope some of this makes sense..lol

Good Luck!!!

Last edited by angelanicole23; 05-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #12  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswood87 View Post
Well this is something I'm really looking forward to because I've lost nearly 30 pounds so far and I'm barely BARElY going down a size now and it can be rather frustrating when you're losing so much weight and not really seeing the results.
OMG yes, I hear ya, sister! I always think that I was very lucky to have access to a scale in those first few months, so I could actually see the cold, hard numbers and have some *proof* that I was actually losing--if I'd had to wait until I could SEE the difference, I probably would have given up out of frustration! I specifically remember that not a single person seemed to notice until I'd already lost about 40 lbs... It very frustrating, because I felt like I wanted to be able to take pride in this great thing that I had done--but I couldn't, because no one else could see it yet!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #13  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
So I have been on this lovely journey for about 7 or 8 months and am soo close to my goal. I just cannot get there. I have been playing with the same three pounds since March. Every week I am either up or down the same amount so I just yo yo back and forth. I have been lucky so far as this weight loss has been relatively easy and have done it with little exercise. I walk 3X a day on all my breaks at work but besides that not too much. Is it possible that my body is at a comfortable weight and I should readjust my goal (I am already in the "healthy" BMI range) or should I kick up the exercise and see what happens? Help! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I swear I could have written this myself! My weight has only changed a few lbs since the end of March. Sorry I don't have advice, but I can relate!
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

ive been stuck on 132 for about 4 months so i feel your pain but i took a little break and started again and that really boosted my metabolism and im finally losing again .. So my advice is to never give up.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm there too! I think it happens the closer to get to a normal ideal weight. I had been hovering @ 150 lbs for like 3 weeks, it finally broke yesterday when I was -2 lbs. I think the lower your number gets the harder it is to lose a pound. I know the last 15 lbs or so, just have not wanted to come off! In the beginning the lbs just came off, without much work or effort, now, I have to work for everyone that falls off! I was hoping to be at my goal for the summer but that isn't going to happen. I won't give up though and neither should you! Keep doing right & they will come off
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote