Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Cook Yourself Thin?

I've just noticed these shows, apparently based on a book, on Lifetime in the afternoons. Each episode of "Cook Yourself Thin" takes a look three foods one woman eats (different woman, different circumstances) every show, and makes something similar or at least comparable for fewer calories and less fat.

One thing that DOES confuse me, though, is how they come up with the number of calories they tell these women to consume to reach their goal weights. One woman yesterday was 5'7" tall and wanted to weigh 160. They just multiplied by 10 and said she should consume 1,600 calories a day to meet that weight.

What? I'm eating 1,600 calories a day and working out five days a week to MAINTAIN. So this confuses me...maybe I could/should eat more to maintain? Or is their calculating just off?

Has anyone else seen this show or have the book?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171823

We have a discussion thread here.
Closed Thread