Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Losing steam, already.

My workout yesterday (w2d1 of C25k) didn't happen because life is crazy and I didn't do it first thing like I should have. I haven't worked out yet today, because life is crazy and obviously I just didn't do it.

I feel like crap and I look even worse. I hate feeling this way but even more than that I hate being weak and giving in to laziness and bad food choices. I don't know what to do but I'm feeling really frustrated with myself. Sorry I just had to rant. :P

Last edited by carcar05; 05-19-2009 at 09:42 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I think you just need a little inspiration!
Go work out at the first opportunity you have!! Even if it's just taking a walk. Don't waste time beating up on yourself, JUST DO IT!!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

Don't beat yourself up over a small slip up. I was beating myself up for going to Dairy Queen and getting chicken tenders for lunch instead of having a salad or something healthy. But making myself feel like crap about it didn't help anything. Nobody is perfect, and slacking will happen. But tomorrow is a new day to do things differently and get yourself motivated again.
spikedpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #4  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

I often find that blogging about my feelings as they happen helps me stay motivated and on top of my goals.

A few weeks ago there was a series of days when product reps just kept bringing various donuts and pastries into the office. We were deluged with danishes!

That morning I blogged about how I was planning on just having my planned oatmeal breakfast and would ignore the danishes. It was just a quick stream-of-thought post that took only a few minutes to jot down. Having a plan and writing it down helped me avoid the high calories snacks and I had a spectacular week.

Maybe getting a 3 fat chicks blog (or even just a traditional pen and paper journal) and writing down the things that are challenging you and how you plan to deal with them might help?

But yeah. I agree. Don't beat yourself up. It only furthers the feelings of failure and helplessness.

You Can Do This!
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #5  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

I believe in "something is better than nothing" even if you dont have time for an hour long work out... go walk for as long as you can, even if it's just 10 or 15 minutes.
I also agree with "rocketbunny" write down your thoughts... I have started a prayer journal... I write my prayers, thoughts, inspirational scriptures, etc. It has been the most amazing thing! I start writing and things I didnt even know I was thinking flow out of my pen. And it seems like, if you write it down, you're more likely to follow through.
~You can do it girl~
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm with Callie - anything is better than nothing. Walking for 10 minutes, biking for 15 minutes, even house cleaning, as long as your moving around. There's a group of people here at work who take 10 minutes at "lunch" and just walk up and down the stairs. Yeah, its not running, but it counts as activity.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #7  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I remember having a week like this when I was doing C25k. I think it was around the 3rd or 4th week. I had a migraine, was working late, etc. You know, life gets in the way sometimes. That "all or nothing" mentality doesn't help anyone - that is a huge lesson I had to learn. I beat myself up for not running for a WEEK! Yes, an entire week! I remember trying to exercise at home, but feeling too lazy and too out of shape. At that point, too, running was still not fun for me. It was difficult and I hated pushing myself. I would have much rather gone home, opened a bag of chips and watched TV until bedtime. Yeah, I get how you're feeling.

But guess what? Changes don't happen that way. Is something small better than nothing? Absolutely! Oftentimes, I tell myself that I will run for one mile. If at the end of the mile I still want to give up and go home, then I can. But 12 minutes out of my life will not be the end of the world. More often than not, I will find myself pushing for a second mile, and maybe even a third.

Lastly, part of the reason I checked out of C25k halfway through is BECAUSE of the defeatist mentality if there was a day that I didn't run because of whatever reason. I'd get down and beat myself up for not sticking to schedule. This may not be the same for you, but allow yourself some flexibility. So you didn't run yesterday...so what? Do W2D1 today. Don't get too burned out...listen to your body first.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #8  
I know I can do it.

FatPants you are so right. I am really not enjoying C25k but I WANT TO! So I just have to keep pushing through, even if I hate it right now.

Thanks so much girls, you helped a ton...

I skipped yesterday too and I was feeling pretty crappy about it until I got on here and read your advice I'm going to go do W2D1 right now and love it or hate it, I'm doing the whole thing. Woo hoooooooo
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

INSPIRATION! That's what you need... Every pound that you lose, is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Be proud of that & use it to fuel your desire to lose another... After a short period of time, you'll look back & see that you've lost 10, 15 or 20 more lbs just by taking it 1 pound at a time & looking forward to & working towards just 1 more... It's worked for me for almost 80 lbs & kept me going when I thought I just couldn't do it anymore!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #10  
I know I can do it.

thank you girls so much!! i'm really going by inches- each half inch off i do a happy dance- i'm literally shrinking!!!

anywhoooo... i just got back from my workout! i feel much better now
Old 05-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #11  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
FatPants you are so right. I am really not enjoying C25k but I WANT TO! So I just have to keep pushing through, even if I hate it right now.

Thanks so much girls, you helped a ton...

I skipped yesterday too and I was feeling pretty crappy about it until I got on here and read your advice I'm going to go do W2D1 right now and love it or hate it, I'm doing the whole thing. Woo hoooooooo
If you are anything like me and not a natural runner (which I am NOT in any way shape or form, lol!), running sucks for the first few weeks. You get frustrated if you feel like you aren't making any progress. But then one day, it will click. It just will. But you have to be committed to get to that point. I think around 6 weeks into running, all of a sudden, I started making progress..and then it got FUN and really addicting! Now I am running 4-5 times a week when just 3 months ago it was a struggle to get in 3 days of C25k. So stick with it.. it'll pay off!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #12  
I know I can do it.

thanks girl- definitely NOT a natural runner by any stretch.

i am so grateful to have your input- it's nice to have someone who can relate!!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #13  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Car, do I need to kick your butt? because I will!!!

I hate c25k also. I really hate it a lot. I haven't done it in about 2 weeks but you know what? I miss it. And I'm kicking my OWN butt because I may as well restart the whole thing, and I was about to start w5!!

Last edited by leighish; 05-20-2009 at 09:18 PM.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Height: 5'3"

Everyone has days like that, you aren't alone, but I know it sure feels like it sometimes. Just keep on going. One mistake will not break you. You can do it!
SarahMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote