Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I am getting even more jealous...8 and 10 days? LOL I don't know who's more ready for this year's summer break. Me or the 137 high school special ed kids I work with. Never mind...ME! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #32  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

bee - glad to hear things are looking up!

Icon - Brain scan? What?

Taylor - Way to go on the food choices and the exercise

Shelly - I'm feeling you on the crappy day.

I had a plan - I'd leave work, go to Trader Joes and do Day 2 of 30DS while I baked chicken to put in the sweet chicken chili (posted in the other thread), do laundry then make the chili and relax while watching the Golden Girls. Tomorrow is spinning at 530, so I'd be in bed early and ready to go tomorrow. Things were going fine until I got home from the supermarket. My roommate was walking by my car and goes "hey, what's that noise" then he starts kicking my tire. Apparently, I drove over a nail and my car was leaking air. So I drove to the tire store, and the guy was SUCH a jerk. He was like oh, you have to come back tomorrow. Okay, but my tire has a hole in it...well I can patch it for you tomorrow I don't have the manpower right now. Can you put the doughnut on? If I don't have the manpower to patch it, I don't have the manpower to put the doughnut on. So I have an appointment for 8:30 tomorrow morning, but in the meantime I have a slowly leaking tire AND I can't go to spin and I'm seriously bummed. I might be able to make the class tomorrow night but then that screws up my whole week, not to mention having to pay whatever its going to cost to fix the *expletive* tire. I'm also irritated that I'm going to be late for work, it just throws off the whole day/week. Sigh. Okay, I'll stop. Sorry I've been whining lately. I hope everyone is having a good/better day
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #33  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Bee- thats good to hear, hope his recovery continues as planned

I was excited about the brain scan because it was for a study, not because i needed it or anything It was pretty cool! Next session i get to see my pics
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Hi Everyone,
So I used to come here but I definitely fell off the wagon on the whole thing and I know probably weigh more than I even did. We got an elliptical machine in my basement in February so I'm starting to try and go on that but even that is totally discouraging because I can only do 15 minutes and that burns about 100 calories which in my mind is like nothing.

I also have some really weird food issues that I've had for as long as I can remember which definitley discourage healthy eating. I cant eat any vegetables,almost all fish, eggs and almost all fruit without getting physically sick so eating healthy is 10 times harder.

And in my personal life I have practically no social or dating life, Im going to graduate college in a semester with no clue what I want to do and no actual skills and I cant find a job at the moment to save my life and I'm running out of money, although my identity was stolen so I actually cant use my debit card for a few weeks anyways.

So yea I guess in a way I'm afraid I won't really be able to do it but at the same time Im afraid of what will happen if I dont.
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

OMG my day is going to suck. I tried to get in the bed early last night…nun-uh didn’t happen. Instead I made it to bed at 11:00 and up again at 5:00AM for the second day in a row. I NEED to run 4 miles today and I an going to be so freaking crappy …ya know??? Anyway. I still trucking along. I have been very scared lately. This is the smallest I have ever been in my life and I am just so afraid to mess it up. I keep think I am still over 200 pounds and then Isee myself in the mirror and I am like oh, okay….I look good! Weird huh? I am sort of dreading that I have to eat to live. I know this is not good at all I must get it out here because there will be no one to relate…in my real-life world. My BF took a picture of me yesterday while I was cooking, He kept saying I look so small and I thought he was just laying it on thick until he showed me the picture. I was holy Cow THAT is MW???? IDK it was so weird.

SO I have yoga today. Thank the lord because I need a good stretching. OH and OMG my gym has started offering massage therapy. Hellz yea. That was one of my “rewards” but just never took out the time to get one, SO I will be getting one Saturday! My very first actually. YAY!!!! I am buying three session and I am using one sat and then another one for each 5 pounds.

Went out with my skinny little sisters this weekend and I must say I didn’t look like the fat sister for a change. I just looked like one of three sexy, hot sisters. All the guys were just falling all down over us. And even some chicks, it was awesome. My BF and his friend came along too and he was like he was so luck to have the hottest chick in the club!....awww

I have missed you guys sooooo much. It has been so hard for me to get on lately.

Taylor – You made great breakfast choices yesterday and you are doing awesome!

Bee – I am sorry to hear about your pawpaw but I am happy to know is doing better, WTG taking a wak the other day

Chele – Don’t feel bad. My sis is a teacher too and she still has 25 days as well. I know it is 25 days but at least you get a summer break.

Stellarose – That is the stupidest shyt I have ever heard! I am sorry you have to miss your class. It will be okay. IT just sux when a plan does NOT come together

RHTS _That is not shallow. Yeah we are doing this to get healthy but that also includes self-esteem. What give you a boost better than men drooling over you?

All the other girls…Hiiiii!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #36  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

Cake- Sorry you've had a crappy morning thus far, I can relate, yesterday was that kind of morning for me. However, both the yoga and the massage therapy sound wonderful. Enjoy yourself, and the progress you've made thus far.

Stella- Good grief! Sounds horrible. Sorry you had to miss your class.

Icon- Glad you had fun playing guinea pig. lol. I had to do a study for a psychology class a few years ago, but it wasn't as much fun as yours. Mine was mostly comprised of staring at a computer screen for two hours, clicking random things that came up. So, not much different than what I do at work these days.

As for me, my day was better... went for a mile walk yesterday in the park and realized I could probably do two next time. Then I came home and talked to my best friend online, and he and I traded some notes (we're both writers) and I added some pages onto a story I had written two years ago. So maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be able to work on that this evening after my grant-writing class.

(Thanks for being supportive yesterday, by the way, I SO needed it. )

Anyway, I guess I should begin heading to work. See ya'll in the afternoon!

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 218/TICKER/158

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! This is my third time back and i'm staying! I started doing the WW plan today and had an amazing breakfast that has keep me full. I just got done with 2 miles (1 mile walking and 1 collective mile of jogging) and I realized something while I was dripping sweat out of every little hole in my body and that is I think I found my motivation. I mean not like a goal because I had and have those but because my mom recently purchased a treadmill we've had to put it in our living room and it's facing perfectly in front of a picture of me during my heaviest weight. So when I thought about just stopping because of that damn little voice I just blasted some Kanye West - Amazing and stared straight at that picture and it made me work harder. So yep that is my revaluation for today yay!
breathingfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #38  
Brighter than the moon!

breathingfumes - good luck! I can honestly say I love WW. It allows me to eat things I love and still lose weight. Good job on the motivation. I kind of do something similar, except I look at pictures of myself at my lowest weight and that makes me go a little bit faster

Shelly - good job on the walking =) I hope you're having a better day today.

Cake - think positive! Have fun with the yoga - my gym has a massage therapist, and its the best idea ever. Its a great reward, your body will thank you for it. And that's awesome about the weekend - its such an ego boost when people respond like that

Icon - that's awesome that you're participating in a study! I would be excited too if I got to see pictures of my brain.

As for me - I'm in a better mood. Got up early, my tire was completely flat, but my awesome roommate put air in it (after we woke someone else up to get the pump). I drove it to the tire place, they patched it (took 2 friggin hours) but it only cost me $23 so I'll take it. I was giving myself a panic attack thinking it was going to cost like $300 for a tire (silly, I know).

I got to work and it seems like its going to be a fairly quiet day - I have a few things I need to work on un-interrupted, so this is going to be the perfect opportunity. I got my new camera in the mail, so when I get home I'm going to be stalking people I live with (tee hee) so there might be new pictures uploaded later. I have my WI today, then I'm planning on heading to spinning and possibly doing the 30DS. I get so nervous on WI days - All my work pants are loose on me, both on the waist and the back of my legs/butt, so I know whatever I'm doing is working, I'm just so dependent on the scale number. I should take my measurements later.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #39  
I will do this.

Good morning girls!

Just got back from the gym - another hour burned! My apartment complex is having a free workout class tonight from 6-7 and I am gonna go check it out and see if it is worth going to.

Just having some lunch right now - broccoli, apple and a tuna sandwich with a few kashi crackers. (oh, and a skinny iced vanilla latte)

Going food shopping here in a few!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

cake You are kicking some major butt! I am sure you were the hottest girl in the club! With the way you are focused I am sure you won't gain it back!! *hugs*

mac Welcome back, honey! How are you? I am so jealous of your elliptical machine!! I totally hear you on the fish thing - I only eat raw fish or canned tuna. I would check out HungryGirl.com She has a lot of "well-known food" cooked with fewer calories and low fat - but beware - it can be a lot of processed things but it might give you some ideas.

stella You should take your measurements later. I hate weighing and hardly ever do it - - I think I did it last month. Don't nervous - you are doing great!

breathingfumes Looks like you are totally motivated! Welcome!

Missshelley Great job on your walk! I love walking in the park!

carter I am so glad you have found a man that treats you well! How is it going?

....I miss HWGA and Taragettingthin....
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #40  
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss shelly84 View Post

Icon- Glad you had fun playing guinea pig. lol. I had to do a study for a psychology class a few years ago, but it wasn't as much fun as yours. Mine was mostly comprised of staring at a computer screen for two hours, clicking random things that came up. So, not much different than what I do at work these days.
Oh god i hated those! We had 2 hour labs for my cognitive psych class and all we did was sit in front of a screen and click a button if a picture of a fish was big or small. They were different by about 5 mm and flashed on the screen for about half a second. 2 hours!!!!! Every week!! It made me want to strangle something

Off to work now (whee! money!) and about to go sit in traffic for a while, so will do more personals later! Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #41  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Icon- I could see how that would be exciting!

Taylor- TY! TY! I also think it is beautiful. Each day I get a little closer to being in my own place! I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thanks for noticing!

As for me, *sigh* just trucking along. Trying this whole maintenance business. I dunno girls. I feel like I'm getting fatter.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi darlings. Just wanted to pop in quickly to let you know i'm not half dead in a gutter somewhere and say hello and I love you all.

I applied for Peace Corps awhile back and interviewed today. I have a medical check-up coming soon and after that i'll just be twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to place me somewhere once I finish these last 18 credits and get my degree. In the meantime i'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off making sure all of my stuff is straight so I can be out of here the second I graduate.

Stay safe and be well, all of you.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #43  
This is not a test.

omg girls, you know how when you weigh yourself midweek you are usually higher than the begining of the week? I weighed myself today, after upping my calories by 200, after a full day of eating, after drinking half a bottle of water and a shrewsbury biscuit, on a WEDNESDAY, and I am down by 700g! I cant believe it! Im trying not to count my chickens before they've hatched....but whee!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #44  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Greetings all,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling a little disheartened... I have been seeing the exact same 5 pounds I have seen for the past week or so. I guess I'm not really gaining or losing, but fluctuating back and forth. It's getting irritating... I thought you were supposed to lose a lot the first week of dieting?

Other than that, yes, I had a good day yesterday. Heard from an old friend, and talked to some new ones. I go to AR/MO day after tomorrow... I look forward to it, and seeing my parents. : )

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #45  
Brighter than the moon!

Goooooood morning ladies

After spinning last night and forcing myself to go to the gym this morning, I'm in a much better mood today. Most of my office is out today, so that leaves me as the most "senior" person here, so it may be a busy day.

I'll be back for personals later!

Happy Wednesday!! (the week is almost over!!!)