Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 AM   #16  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

Blcarter84 - Aww that must be sweet having the man of your dreams! Tell us more!

My bf sent me a song today that made him think of me. It's called "Stick around" by Azure. I love the song and lyrics.

I managed to stay on track pretty much all week. I haven't lost anything since the BLC started, I hope tomorrow's weigh in will be different. And I hope that what I'm losing is fat, not water or something. I did have my body fat checked yesterday, and it's down 0.80% from a month ago. My BMI is also within normal range now at 22.0.
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies,
So as I said, I’m back in full force. Today is my first day re-committing towards my calorie counting. I’ve had a crazy week last week, started my bar studying. Blah. Doing that from 8 am until 3:30 then Friday – Sunday I went to the downtown hoedown in Detroit which meant a ton of walking around (apparently walking around in flip flops on uneven suffices in the rain is bad for your feet) but also a ton of drinking. I have to say, and I know this sounds shallow, but I kept getting checked out while I was out, and it really is a nice self esteem boast.

Saturday was crazy … up at 6:45, class 8 – 3:30, hoedown 3:30 to 11 then bar hopping 11 to 2 only to have to get up again at 6:45. Oh it was a bad plan. I have this week off from studying but I’m trying to get ahead on stuff and clean/organize my apartment.

I’m going to TN on Wednesday because my grandfathers are not doing too well so I’m hoping to keep on track now that I recommitted.

Bee – Sorry to hear that I hope that he is ok.

Lissa – good attitude I always say I can’t changed what I did yesterday now I can just move forward.

Anehel – Just think of the walk as your warm up and cool down. Or try and use a different piece of equipment at the gym like biking when you have to walk there. And on I side not I always think it is funny when people circle around the gym parking lot until they get the closest spot doesn’t that defeat the purpose of going to the gym?

Miss Shelly – What’s the pasta recipe? Oops you posted it. Thanks.

Chele – sounds like a good weekend …

Heather – sometimes you need to take a break (what I’m bouncing back from) because life is hard and sometimes you need to settle. Good luck settling in.

Cayon – I had my gallbladder removed a little over 2 years ago. It was terrible and painful. Suggestion, if they want to take it out you should strongly consider taking it out because the stones can cause a lot of long term problems.

IGhost – Sounds like a good plan. I’ve done that several time where it’s like all the sudden I eat high for a bit and start dropping the pounds.

Rosa – Sorry to hear about the family. Mine use to do that to me when I came home from college. Its just bothersome.

Carter – It’s nice to hear that everything is going well.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #18  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Good morning all!

Remember- Yup, I did, you just have to scroll back a little bit.

Icon- Sounds like a plan. I've heard of that working before, so best of luck to you.

(No worries, I will eventually be able to recall what I was going to say to all of you... it just might come much later, at a totally random time. )

I start my paying job today, at the museum that gave me the internship. I will be working as coordinator of artifacts, which is basically a fancy title that means, "Jill of All Trades." And of course, still waiting for the prospectus on the grant I'm supposed to be writing. *sighs*

The other bad thing about this job is that there is bad food EVERYWHERE... one of our selling points is that we have good Southern food, and there is always stuff left over from weddings, concerts, &c &c. Good thing I have lunch for the next few days.

I am going to try something different tonight... since I really only have time to walk on the weekends, I may go to one of the deeply discounted exercise classes that they have community centers or churches. Actually, I think this one I will try tonight is free. So, I will let you know how that goes.

Anyway, probably should get going now. See ya'll this afternoon!

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #19  
I will do this.

I am out of bread and coffee so the boy and I are going out for breakfast (eek!) I am going to try to make the best choice possible! Then to the gym!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #20  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Egg whites are your friend!!!

I just went to FirstWatch for lunch - its a "daytime cafe" so they only serve breakfast and lunch - and had the best egg white omelette with avocados, bacon and turkey.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #21  
I will do this.

I had a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat wrap (instead of a bagel) with all the veggies and only mustard (instead of garlic cream cheese) and an apple (instead of malt and vin. chips).....i am going to say that was a success.

And I worked out hard for an hour. The gym was full of SEXY (I know, I am taken..but I can look!!!) men but I held my own and did my thang!!

Love you girls! I am going to the park now to enjoy some sun....

....Hopefully I can avoid the bar on the way the there - they have such killer prices! Ugh!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #22  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Angry

Greetings all,

Hope ya'll are doing well. I had a pretty crappy day today... for some reason a virus got into my computer at work, and caused it to spaz out rather badly. (It didn't have anti-virus software on it... WTH??) Anyhoo, it's going to cost $130 to fix and it's one computer we don't have. I was just very lucky my boss had other things to worry about that day.

That, and I found out my ex-fiance's mom is saying very rude things about me behind my back... and I found this all out by way of a third party. Jeez. *shakes head*

But, in happier news, it's a beautiful day out, and very fall-like. I may go out later, if my crappy mood disappears... someone motivate me please!

Anyway, I am going to rest. Talk to you all later.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #23  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hello girls!

Only 8 more days of school left this year! Woo hoo! I CANNOT wait. These sweet little darlings turn into monsters from planet Hellian about this time of the year. Here's to a stab at maintaining!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls!!!! I'm already counting down the days until this weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to the long weekend I'm starting to get somewhat burnt out at work. The kids are just very needy this year...much more needy than usual. It also doesn't help that this week alone we have MCAS and senior exams on top of everything else we have to do. A break would be nice....and we only have about 25 more school days! haha Not that I'm counting or anything

I stayed after school this afternoon to help one of my seniors finish writing her English paper on existentialism. We have been working on this all last week and finished it up today. We ended up writing 15 pages!!! Craziness....and I still couldn't tell you what existentialism is LOL

I came home from that and went for a walk/jog around my neighborhood. Then I rode the bike with some hand weights for 10 minutes. And I am somewhat obsessed lately with Monster Trail Mix from Target and I'm trying to limit my intake of that because if given the opportunity, I could polish off the whole bag! haha

Taylor - Great choice at breakfast!!! Congrats again on being done with school

RHTS - The hoedown sounds like fun!! Although I will concur with how much walking in flip flops when it's wet out is not a fun thing!

Shelly - Maybe going out for a walk will help lift your crappy mood. It can't hurt, right?

Heather - 8 DAYS?!?!? I'm so freaking jealous right now!!! I was really excited about my 25 days! haha

Last edited by Chele615; 05-18-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #25  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Remeberhowtosmile- thanks, good to hear this has worked for other people. Its scary And its actually kinda hard to get it all in! Who would have thought getting an extra 200 cal in a day would be tricky? I guess i have got too good at picking low cal options

Miss shelly- thanks for the support! You get out there today, if you let other peoples bad words stop you from getting to your goal then they win. Stink about the virus. My computer is away for repairs (its RUSTING....AGAIN > ) and its like losing an arm. Ok not quite. But its very annoying

As for me, adding up my cals for yesterday (its going to be low), putting in the ones for today (hopefully will be a bit higher).

And im having my brain scanned today!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #26  
New BodyBugger!

Chele- yes, it is quite lovely! My kids might revolt if we had 25 more days! lol

Icon- I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone excited for a brain scan! lol But, hope it all goes well!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/179/145

Height: 5'6

Heather- I know what you mean! I work with teens... and mine tried to shut down back in March because FCAT testing was over! lol. I've had to drag them through. But I'm counting down myself. 10 days left for us (including the 2 half days).

I'm feeling great overall since I went down a pound and I just started back on my workout routine last week. Now I've just got to get my daily diet back under control. Cut out the caffeine and cut out the junk food I don't need But I feel empowered! This will be a great week!
Sweetsiren12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #28  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Hi Girls,

My papaw is doing much better. He has a lot of his color and his personality back. They are hoping to move him to a regular room by tomorrow and start him an actual food. I'm exhausted physically and mentally, I am sitting here at the hospital now waiting until the 9pm visit. Then it is home and bed time.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #29  
New BodyBugger!

Bee- Glad to hear it! Just please take care of yourself! You can't take care of anyone else if you aren't taking care of yourself!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #30  
I will do this.

bee - I am glad to hear that too! I will keep praying for you!

Heather - OMG I saw your pictures of the house. SO BEAUTIFUL you and Taylor look so happy! What a beautiful location - I am so happy for you!

On top of working out for an hour today the boy and I took a walk around our neighborhood and then to the park - for a total of 2.6 miles -- 32 blocks!

Now we are going to go grill - I am having some chicken and broccoli and some brown rice - the boy is having a big burger.

I love summer!!

*hugs*