Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #76  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome AmyLeigh! Feel free to join in whenever you feel like it... you're not "crashing" anything. Nice to see someone else here who enjoys yoga... I do hatha (I think I spelled it right) yoga, and love it.

Bee- Glad your Papaw is better. Sounds like a good idea to take a brief respite from things, and take some you-time. Maybe you can find someplace nice to walk... I find it's a great way to socialize with whomever you are walking with, and to clear your head.

Taylor- Good job on the weight loss!

As for my neck of the woods, actually had a quiet day at work today... only a few people were at work today (as opposed to the office being filled to the brim with folks) so I worked until my usual time and vamoosed into the beautiful weather. Too bad it's only supposed to last a few more days.

I may try some zumba classes tonight if I can get my butt in gear. (Not to mention the rest of me, have been feeling a little under the weather today) They have them written on the schedule at one of the community centers here and I just might not be able to resist. So, if I do end up feeling better I may end up going. It would be a pleasant change of pace.

Anyway, have fun girlies and enjoy the weather! (Even if the weather sucks. )

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Amy!!!! There's definitely no crashing here.....just jump right in

It was so hot today....it's 89 right now and in the 90's earlier this afternoon. My friend Kim and I get together on Thursdays to walk/jog and we decided to do it again today. Even with the heat, the walking wasn't too bad. But when we were jogging, it was torture! haha Tomorrow's supposed to be about the same, but a bit cooler...in the upper 80's.

Summer's definitely coming early here, it seems
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #78  
I will do this.

I just got my grades back. I got 5 A's

I cried.

I feel so blessed today, I really do.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #79  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Taylor- You are da bomb! Great Job!

As for my test: Low thyroid. Apparently very low. So starting a new Rx tomorrow morning. I am not jumping for joy yet, I'm not convinced that its my entire problem.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #80  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Welcome Amy!!

Yay Taylor!!!!!! Congrats! Great job

Bee - glad things are looking up. You definitely need to take some time for yourself. Enjoy the weekend and I hope you have nice weather.

Shelly - I'm jealous that you get to go outside! Sometimes we take a quick walk outside, but I never wear shoes that are conducive to walking. Enjoy your evening, whatever you do!

Heather - I hope the new Rx helps and that you're feeling better soon.

As for me - work was kind of quiet, kind of not. I just had a lot of meetings in between testing some of our web forms for different browsers. So essentially I listened to a lot of people talk and tried to break stuff before I got to home. I'm planning on turning in way early tonight. Tomorrow is one of my bff's graduation bar crawl, so I will definitely need to get a work out in before a night of debauchery and drinking. I also finally figured out why my new camera wouldn't charge - it really helps if you insert the battery correctly. I might actually get to take pictures tomorrow. Woo hoo

I hope everyone has a pleasant evening
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #81  
I will do this.

My dad is taking me out for a few drinks to celebrate my grades...

Those calories won't count in a few classes of merlot, right?

....right...
Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Taylor- to Heck with it, you need to celebrate! way to go girl!

Amy - Welcome aboard.

I had some good and some bad today. My mom decided to pick up McDonalds for dinner tonight, and my will power is not strong enough when it's sitting right in front of me. I wound up eating 10 chicken nuggets and way too many fries. my total calorie intake for the day only came to about 1700, but i know the sodium will kill me. I haven't had fast food in months. My stomach is not happy with me.
But, on the plus side, I'm almost all unpacked from college. While sorting through my clothes, I came across a pair of pants that haven't for me in like 2 years, and now i'm maybe 5 pounds above them fitting PERFECTLY. I couldn't even get them over my hips in december. I'm also able to fit into my size 6 leather pants again. I'm just so exited. They're still just a hair too tight, but the last time i put them on, i couldn't close them. When i first bought those pants, i weighed 127. It makes me feel so much healthier now than I was then, if that makes sense.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Hey All
So I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things, Ive started trying to eat less because I know Ive been overeating and making little changes first, stuff like hamburger without a bun and stuff like that. I am really trying to focus on the exercise side of things because that's always a problem for me, ive been considering doing the c25k, has anyone had any experience with this? I think a big thing for me to is getting onto a schedule since school is over and I havent found a job yet im just all over the place so, so is my eatting.

Shelly- have you ever done zumba before? I'm curious about it.

Also to add to the earlier discussion, lately I wish I had peen in general, even the whiny kind haha
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #84  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Stella- aw that sounds horrible I hate allergies, they are the worst

Bee- good to hear about your pa, and that you get some time to yourself to process everything

Taylor- congrats on the loss! Well done, that’s awesome news. And 5 As! Incredible!

Amy- welcome! Feel free to crash the convo anytime

Heather- its prob not the news you were hoping for, but at least they have a hypothesis right?

As for me, i got so off today.Sent my laptop for repairs on the 17th of April and today i got a call saying "hey you know how we had to order parts for your laptop? HP didnt process the order haha...so we've re-sent it and it'll be about another 3-4 weeks and we havent assessed the rust yet kthnxbye" RAGE. I am so hacked off, i have never had a smooth repair done by these people. I called them and told them that they have to assess the rust by next friday because when they DO decide they ARE going to fix that for me for FREE they will have to order a part for it, and i am going to pick up the laptop on friday so i can use it while they wait for the part. Im going to file a formal complaint after i pick it up Ive had it repaired 3 times now and none have gone smoothly. I swear next time im getting a mac.

On the plus side my bf got me chocolates and flowers to cheer me up
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Ghost...that sucks about your laptop and the bozos "fixing" it. I would definitely file a complaint, especially if it was the third time they've had to fix something and all three times, they screwed up.

Taylor...Congratulations on the straight A's!!! That is fantastic

THANK GOD IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY!!! I feel like this week has completely and utterly dragged on!!!! I am so ready for the weekend to be here....especially since it's a long weekend! I have plans to meet my friend after I get out of work to go see her new house and then go shopping. Just a good old girl's day I'm excited!

I'm wearing a new pair of jean capri's....that are a tad tight, but I need to buy capris desperately so they're the only pair I have and it's going to be close to 90 again today. They're the stretchy material though, so I'm hoping they loosen up a bit by this afternoon. We shall see....haha. But I'm hoping to find some today.

I went searching earlier this week and couldn't find anything!!! I don't want to spend a lot of money on them because I'm hoping that they won't fit after this summer, so I hit up like Walmart, KMart, Burlington Coat Factory, etc and literally found one pair (at BCF). I know what kind I'm looking for...I want/need them to flare out a bit at the bottom because I don't want them tight around my legs. But, that's turning out to be a bit tougher than I thought. LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #86  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all,

emc- Zumba is kind of a cross between hip-hop and latin dancing. Sadly, I didn't get to go to that one, but when I do go to a session somewhere (either in MO or TN) I will let you know. (By the way, if you want my whiny ex-fiance, I will donate him to you free of charge.)

Taylor- 5 A's? Wow, that's amazing! Don't worry about a little celebration though, that's definitely something to celebrate.

Stella- Yup, outside is great!

Chele- Don't you love Fridays?? Not real big on capris though, with my height and build I always feel like a hobbit in them. A little suggestion if you're needing more capris: buy a pair of jeans in the size and cut you need, and then cut them off where you need them to be, and use a sewing machine (if you've got one) to hem up the bottom of the leg. Not sure exactly how fashionable they would look, but it's worth a try if you get desperate enough. lol.

Icon- Amen to that! When I get enough money you better bet there will be a Mac at this desk. (I'm currently typing on a wireless keyboard/mouse because the keyboard on the laptop doesn't work and it was cheaper to get a wireless keyboard than try to get the entire keyboard fixed.)

Me
- Better news on the dieting front, I have finally began to lose on the scale rather than just stay where I am, finally breaking plateau a bit. I am looking forward to my trip, especially since it was very close to where I backpacked last November (at maybe 215-225ish lbs). I hiked 8 miles in 2 days. I probably won't be doing that on this trip, but I'm hoping to convince my mom to hike through the caverns with me (about 1/4 mi to 1/2 mi walk, some of it uphill).

(The real trick, mind, is getting through these last five hours of work. lol)

I won't have internet after 3pm today (one of the mild disadvantages to being in the middle of nowhere), so keep your fingers crossed that I will stay OP. I know I can do it if I work extra hard.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #87  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning ladies! So my eating has been weird lately. I haven't been doing all that GReat and I feel a little bloated and uncomfortable. Well whatever lets just hope it goes away soon because I am up again to 171 after being at 168!! I just want to STAY down. I have been working out every day though so I am proud of myself for that.

I dont really feel like doing personals right now....maybe in a lil bit if I get all my errands done.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #88  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies. soo i just had a couple of things to share and muse about. so while i have been slowly losing weight, making healthy choices continues to be a huge struggle to me. i do reasonably well during the week, relatively speaking, because i am in a hyper disciplined mode (disciplined for me, that is) and not exposed to so much bad stuff or bad influences. but when it comes to being out and about and with other people, i seem to have ZERO willpower. it's like the minute someone suggests something or an idea pops into my head, i fixate on it and cannot let go. point in case, despite original good intentions, yesterday involved 1 philly cheese steak hoagie (hold the mayo, aren't i good? ha!) and TWO giant pink frozen margaritas. also a cobb salad that wasn't the healthiest, but i'm not gonna sweat that one, relatively speaking. and then, wait for it, JALAPENO POPPERS. and man did they ever hit the spot. i wish i could get to the point where someone suggests poppers or french fries or onion rings and my reaction is "ew" not "ooooh." while yesterday was particularly bad in that all those bad things happened in one day, the occurance of one of those bad things is pretty much par for the course for an average day for me. need more self-discipline. sigh.
however, in positive news, i am finally able to fit into about 95% of my wardrobe again!
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #89  
I will do this.

So I had 4 glasses of wine and then I wanted Wendy's SO BAD

I got a kids meal which I then split with my boyfriend. I really wanted a spicy chicken sandwich but I knew that was the wrong choice. Fast food in general isn't a good choice but I just wanted a taste!!!

I had a great time celebrating with my dad and boyfriend last night and I didn't over do it (Well...I didn't under do it either, haha)

Thanks for all your support ladies - you all mean the world to me. I know I wouldn't be as successful if I didn't have you in my life.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #90  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ok my computer like died on the 17th... i havent seen a loss this week but i've also been eating horribly hoping the weekend brings a good number.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote