Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #61  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Carcar- my gym has a 6:25am spin and I've never been able to get myself to go...5:15?!?!?! You are amazing! With that kind of commitment I'm sure you'll be losing again pronto
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #62  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Yes!!! I can finally join this thread! I weighed in at 179.8 this morning and had tears of joy! It took me SO friggin' long to get out of the 180s and I don't want it to be the same for the 170s.

I am DONE with the 180s. I never want to see them again!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #63  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

<sigh> I've been holding steady at 175.0 for the past week. If my usual pattern holds, I should make it solidly (instead of fleetingly) to 174 sometime near the end of the this week. Progress is SLOW, but I refuse to give up!
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #64  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestroad View Post
Carcar- my gym has a 6:25am spin and I've never been able to get myself to go...5:15?!?!?! You are amazing! With that kind of commitment I'm sure you'll be losing again pronto
Haha, well I'm not sure because I've never tried working out this early until today- but it seems like it is the best way to workout for me since my toddler is still sleeping! Doing it late at night just doesn't happen. SO... I may have discovered my secret to workout success-- wake up way early. HAHA
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #65  
Keep On Keepin' On!

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketbunny View Post
<sigh> I've been holding steady at 175.0 for the past week. If my usual pattern holds, I should make it solidly (instead of fleetingly) to 174 sometime near the end of the this week. Progress is SLOW, but I refuse to give up!
What was your charm??? Hehehe, Inquiring minds want to know! I think that's so cute. I'll have to inform my hunny of these treats. LOL

Cj
hello pinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello pinki View Post
What was your charm??? Hehehe, Inquiring minds want to know! I think that's so cute. I'll have to inform my hunny of these treats. LOL

Cj
Oh! I posted it on my blog the day after I got it.

(I think the file is too big to post here. Click on the blog link above.)

It's a round silver bead with inlaid mother of pearl hearts. The hearts can be different colors in different light, from white to green to pink to black. It's beautiful. I haven't taken it off even once since I got it.

A link to the official Pandora pic of it (that really doesn't do justice to the colors of the mother of pearl).

Last edited by rocketbunny; 06-15-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #67  
Keep On Keepin' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketbunny View Post
Oh! I posted it on my blog the day after I got it.
Very cute! I seriously love the idea of the little gifts teasing you to keep you on track. I don't collect anything like that so I'll have to think of something else that would be uber motivation for me.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #68  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I hope you all don't mind but I would love to join you. I have been bumping around 173 for too long and I want the 170s gone! I am getting a little frustrated. I have been on plan and exercising 6 days a week for weeks and nothing. I decided to shake up my eating program and my workout. I'm going to give it a week. Hopefully it helps.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Man a week ago I fell off the wagon and havent weighed in since. Ughhhh I think I am gonna wait another week after proper eating before weighing in...im sure i am Deffinatly still in the 170's probably even up a few lbs! =( but its time to get backon track so i can get outta the 170's once and for all and For GOOD!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #70  
Keep On Keepin' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
I hope you all don't mind but I would love to join you. I have been bumping around 173 for too long and I want the 170s gone! I am getting a little frustrated. I have been on plan and exercising 6 days a week for weeks and nothing. I decided to shake up my eating program and my workout. I'm going to give it a week. Hopefully it helps.

Gatorgirl, I was stuck like that for about 4 weeks and my trainer looked at 2 things. 1) My food diary. I wasn't eating enough!!! He estimated for the food I had listed I was only eating about 800 calories. He had me add in more calories because for example, I wasn't using dressing salad...he said to do so. I also was only eating mostly fruits and veggies so he had me add in yogurt, cheese, etc. to increase cals because my body was in Storage Mode because it was needing more nutrients. It was so needy it held on to everything thing because it wasn't sure when it would get more! 2) He had me cut down, almost eliminate my cardio and just focus on weights to build muscle mass to help burn more.

I lost 5 pounds that next week and then started to steadily fall after that. Maybe take a look at one of those???
Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #71  
I know I can do it.

I went to cycling again this morning! It's great having a friend meeting me there- makes me feel even more accountable to go.

I'm up a couple pounds! I don't know what's going on but i did start my period this week (a whole week early!) so I'm just drinking a ton of water and trying to figure that out- the scale said 178 this morning! I about died. I'm up 4 pounds this week! Do you really think the whole period thing can cause a 4lb gain like that??? Will it go away?!!

Hopefully I see the lower half of the 170s again asap- I miss you 172, never thought I'd say that but it's true!

Keep up the good work and welcome new thread members- we can do this together!

Last edited by carcar05; 06-17-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #72  

Yay! I saw 173.x for the first time this morning! (It's essentially ~174, but there was a "3" in there, dangit!)
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #73  
Keep On Keepin' On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
I went to cycling again this morning! It's great having a friend meeting me there- makes me feel even more accountable to go.

I'm up a couple pounds! I don't know what's going on but i did start my period this week (a whole week early!) so I'm just drinking a ton of water and trying to figure that out- the scale said 178 this morning! I about died. I'm up 4 pounds this week! Do you really think the whole period thing can cause a 4lb gain like that??? Will it go away?!!

Hopefully I see the lower half of the 170s again asap- I miss you 172, never thought I'd say that but it's true!

Keep up the good work and welcome new thread members- we can do this together!

OMG, your week is my EXACT week, except my period just came today and was late, not early, so I was about a day away from buying an EPT. Sheesh. I also gained 4lbs...this is so annoying!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #74  
I know I can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello pinki View Post
OMG, your week is my EXACT week, except my period just came today and was late, not early, so I was about a day away from buying an EPT. Sheesh. I also gained 4lbs...this is so annoying!
SO annoying huh!

I saw 177.6 today so a full pound down from yesterday- man I hope I knock these pounds off asap!

So with the cycling classes, these are some other changes I've made recently:
I've given up soda... cold turkey. And I was ADDICTED to diet pepsi, I mean, 32+oz per day... I've gone 10 (or more??) days without one.

I've not eaten after 7pm for 10 (or more... haha) days as well- except for 2 days ago it was hubbys birthday...

I'm cutting sugary foods and although I already eat mostly wholegrain foods, I'm making sure I eat ONLY wholegrains and no processed garbage.

I'm also trying to eat one salad a day- either lunch or dinner.

This seems like a natural lifestyle for me, I have been in a weird funk for so so long, it feels awesome to be doing so many good for me things.

Keep up the work ladies!

Last edited by carcar05; 06-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
I've not eaten after 7pm for 10 (or more... haha) days as well-
I've been trying hard to do the same, eating dinner early and then having at most a 1 or 2 point snack before 9. I read a study recently that it doesn't really matter what time of day you eat your meals, weight loss isn't affected. Well I beg to differ... the number on the scale in the morning is affected if only because stuff has had more time to... ahem... cycle through.