Old 07-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #121  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Wooo! 170.0 again this morning (saw it for the first time 6 days ago). I've got a good feeling about next week.

Last edited by rocketbunny; 07-11-2009 at 11:35 AM.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #122  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Talking Finally 176.5!!!

Ok I feel like if I don't share this I'm just going to explode!

I am so happy because for the longest time I was stuck in the 190s, and then I joined a Biggest Loser challenge at my work and thankfully got down to the low 180s. Then on my own I've slowly squeaked down to being 179 something.

Well last week I lost 1.4 pounds and this week I LOST 2 POUNDS!!!! It was a bit more then I was expecting. I try to only loose 1.5 pounds a week so I do not end up gaining it back later, but I'm just too happy about my result. I weigh 176.5!!! I can't believe it! I'm so happy about it I had to share it with someone!

Since I started I've now lost 58.5 pounds!!!

I'm so glad I did not give up when I was stuck because there were times I really wanted to.

Kat

__________________________________________________ _______________

Mini Goals:

1). Weigh 175 on July 25th
2). Loose 8.6 lbs by August 29th.
3). August 29th Hike Mt. Timp to the top!

SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #123  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

yay sweet tink!!!! you go girl! stuff like that motivates me so much

and rocket bunny - girl i am so proud of your progress!

unfortunately not a lot of progress going on in carly-ville.

176 this morning.

BUT i am staying dedicated. hopefully progress on the scale will soon match up with progress in making better habits. i'm doing pretty good with the better-habit-building thing.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #124  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Holy cow, you guys weigh yourselves a lot! I only weigh my self maybe twice a week and only count the one I do around the same time every Saturday at the gym.

Any who I'm down 2 pounds this week again I should be out of the 170s in no time I'm hoping. I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill in 33:09 yesterday so I was super stoked, no incline, but I figure I'll work up to it eventually.

Hows everyone's week been so far?
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #125  
AKT

p.s. why have I lost 36 pounds and only gone down 1 pants size?? lol at this rate I'll only go down one more size by my goal
Old 07-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKT View Post
p.s. why have I lost 36 pounds and only gone down 1 pants size?? lol at this rate I'll only go down one more size by my goal
I am so with you on that one! I too have only went down 1 pants size and I've lost 38 flipping pounds! I figure it was to be expected though and I'm an uber pear shape so my hips and thighs are never going to shrink as fast as my waist and arms....eh. Plus everyone says the closer you get to goal the faster you go down in sizes so I am truly taking that to heart.

Anywho I weighed in at 177.2 this morning. I'm happy but isn't it funny that I always want to lose even more, even faster even though I KNOW that it wouldn't be healthy to lose any faster than I am.
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #127  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I am having a way crappy day and it's only 8:50 am. :P

In this week I have weighed 174. 176. 178. And everywhere in between. I'm putting the scale away for a week or two so I can focus on eating healthily, working out, and doing what it takes to feel good before I weigh myself again. Seeing the numbers jumping all over just depresses me and makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. so... Does anyone else want to join me in putting the scale away for a week or so??
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #128  
AKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswood87 View Post
I am so with you on that one! I too have only went down 1 pants size and I've lost 38 flipping pounds! I figure it was to be expected though and I'm an uber pear shape so my hips and thighs are never going to shrink as fast as my waist and arms....eh. Plus everyone says the closer you get to goal the faster you go down in sizes so I am truly taking that to heart.

Anywho I weighed in at 177.2 this morning. I'm happy but isn't it funny that I always want to lose even more, even faster even though I KNOW that it wouldn't be healthy to lose any faster than I am.
im hoping thats true! im a 15 now so i dont want my lowest size to be a 13 lol
Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
I am having a way crappy day and it's only 8:50 am. :P

In this week I have weighed 174. 176. 178. And everywhere in between. I'm putting the scale away for a week or two so I can focus on eating healthily, working out, and doing what it takes to feel good before I weigh myself again. Seeing the numbers jumping all over just depresses me and makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. so... Does anyone else want to join me in putting the scale away for a week or so??
That sounds incredibly frustrating. *HUGS*

I seem to be seesawing between 171 and 170. I'm back up this morning (171.2) but I'm feeling really positive because I had a good mostly on points weekend. I certainly didn't go over by 3500 calories, so that pesky pound WILL come off. I've redoubled my efforts this morning and plan a low points, high hydration day. I'm very excited to see what the scale says tomorrow (Tuesday is my semi-official weekly weigh in day).

I won't be putting away my scale with you, but I will have a scale hiatus from Thursday through Monday. I'll be spending those mornings at my BF's place and I don't use his scale because it always shows higher than mine. I often find it a challenge to stay on program when I know that I don't have to face the scale in the morning, so we'll see how that goes.

No offense guys, but I REALLY want to get out of this thread.

Last edited by rocketbunny; 07-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #130  

I'm 178 and my short term goal is to lose 5 pounds. In the long run I want to be 130 and I'm not giving up!
sandygomez6557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #131  
AKT

I think you guys weigh yourselves way too much. Of course youre going to vary day to day id go crazy if i weighed myself that much. Put the scales away! lol
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKT View Post
I think you guys weigh yourselves way too much. Of course youre going to vary day to day id go crazy if i weighed myself that much. Put the scales away! lol
<shrug> YMMV. It works for me. I don't weigh daily, usually about 4-5 times a week.

I don't let fluctuations bother me, but I really look forward to those super low "Victory" days. I'm excited to get on the scale each morning. Even today, when I didn't hit the 160s, it still felt like a good scale day because I was still below 20 lbs, which wasn't the case with my fluctuations most of last week.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #133  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

ok ladies imjoining u...hopefully not for long. 173.2 today!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #134  
AKT

Good job, youll be out of here in no time!
and ill follow you :P
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #135  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketbunny View Post
<shrug> YMMV. It works for me. I don't weigh daily, usually about 4-5 times a week.

I don't let fluctuations bother me, but I really look forward to those super low "Victory" days. I'm excited to get on the scale each morning. Even today, when I didn't hit the 160s, it still felt like a good scale day because I was still below 20 lbs, which wasn't the case with my fluctuations most of last week.
I am with you... I find weighing every day to be motivating and a way to keep myself on track. I look forward to the lower numbers but also know when to expect a fluctuation in the scale. For instance, every single time I do major exercise like day-long hiking, the scale will be up as much as 3 lbs for the next 2-3 days, but then I will see a major drop by the end of the week. It doesn't freak me out when it happens because I expect it. I also know that if I haven't been watching my eating, then the scale will slowly start to creep up...another motivator to watch myself more with the food! I know weighing every day doesn't work for some folks, but I have to keep myself accountable every day or else I'll get lazy and complacent!

I'm down to 175.4 today!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote