Anybody hear of this sugarfree candy/chocolate???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I guess the title says it all. I'm just wondering if anybody's ever tried it or any suggestions of what's good. and if it's really worth the sacrifice of actual candy/chocolate for the calorie difference???
  • I eat the Hershey's sugar free chocolates. They are very good. Taste like the real deal.
  • what's the calorie count like? Is there a big difference?
  • Quote: what's the calorie count like? Is there a big difference?
    No. They're really intended for diabetics, not someone looking for a lower calorie alternative.
  • I concur with wolf goddess.

I work in a grocery store bakery and our sugar free goods still have an astounding amount of fat and calories.
  • Yep, I agree with the others. However, I do eat sugar free hard candies. They're about half of the calories of regular ones I believe (the ones I eat are 10 a piece).
  • I don't really have a sweet tooth, but when I really HAVE to have chocolate, I have 1 square of Endangered Chocolate's "Extremely Dark Chocolate". It's 88% cocoa, not bitter at all, wrapped in recycled paper, and 10% of the proceeds go to helping endangered animals. It's also certified kosher, vegan, and gluten-free, and a fair trade good.

If I'm gonna eat the calories and fat, it may as well taste really really good, and be beneficial to someone other than myself. :P
  • I use to eat the Heshey Sugar Free Peanut butter cups till i saw that in 3 of those little things there are 12 Grams of fat!!!! yes there are 12 in three . That would be one of my meals since i am on alli.. I would rather chew gum then waste the grams of fat on three pieces of candy. It maybe sugar free but by no means fat free.
  • I'm a big gum chewer. If I MUST have chocolate, I usually just have a regular hershey's mini. Any more than 1 and I just go overboard, so I have to limit myself. I think if they're sugar free, the up the fat, and vice versa for fat free - more sugar.
  • I agree about the Endangered Species Chocolate. Really good for you; but do buy the dark since dark chocolate has added health benefits. Also, this kind of chocolate is made with natural sugars (organic beet sugar... I think). Prob the healthiest chocolate on the market in my opinion.

1 bar has 15 pieces. So I eat 1 piece a day to give me a sweet treat.
  • where can you get this Endangered Species Chocolate??? Walmart??

Just wondering,
    Thanks all!!
  • I love the endangered species chocolate. It's so rich that a little bit will tide you over. I keep a bar in my fridge for about 2 weeks and nibble on it periodically. Good for you in moderation too .
  • You can find Endangered Species Chocolate at health food stores (I live in Canada so the shop names I'd give you prob won't help )
  • It will help me!!! I'm in Canada too!! Although, across the country
  • Also, the sugar-free versions of candy are sweetened with maltitol, which, if you eat alot of it, can, um, well, let's say I believe it may rival ex-lax...