Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default Gained everything back!

I lost 50lbs about two years ago, but since this past summer, I have gained it ALL back. It took me a while to get over the depression of gaining it back, but I have, and I've gotten back on track. I gained it back because I just stopped watching what I was eating, stopped working out, went out to eat most days a week, etc. Really no good reason. Work can get very stressful and I'll swing by Mcdonalds for breakfast, then go out for lunch as a stress relief, and be tired when I get home so I'll order it. All in all, not a recipe for success.

The lowest I got was 197lbs. I remember gaining back 20lbs and trying Weight Watchers b/c I was upset about the 20lb gain. It worked for the first week, but then i just ate anything as long as I stayed under my points (so cookies, chips, etc) and even though I wasn't going over my points, I wasn't losing, so I gave up on that. And then I stopped tracking at all, and gained another 30lbs. Oh I WISH I had just gotten control over this when I had only gained back 20lbs!

Over the past week or so I've been good about going to the gym, and trying to make better food decisions. Fingers crossed!

So far today I've eaten:

Breakfast: Unsweetened green iced tea and a banana (I know this seems like it's too little, but it was actually a victory! I pulled into the McDonalds drivethru, then pulled out, went to Starbucks, and it was the best option they had!)

Lunch: Salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion, peppers, shredded carrots, kalamata olives, feta cheese and balsamic vinegrette

REST OF DAY:
Snack: 1/2 papaya with fresh lime

Dinner: basmati rice, green lentils, and cucumber sauce (greek yogurt, tahini, red onion, tomato, cucumber) and three ginger snaps
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

hmm, the menu sounds good, but I don't see ANY protien...you need to eat protien, it'll help you feel full
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #3  

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I'm normally better about getting protein in, but I'm kind of winging it today! I dont know what go into me, but this morning, pulling into McDonalds, I decided that I wasn't going going to eat crap anymore! My meal plan for tomorrow includes far more protein. I calculated for today and it was 51grams.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

The lentils have protein, but I agree with nicoledg that that's still too little for a full day's worth. Tomorrow, try throwing some chicken into the salad and having something more than a banana for breakfast (but you already knew that). Do you not have time to make something at home before you leave?
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #5  

I do have time in the morning to cook, I just have to MAKE time. I got into the very bad habit of just picking up breakfast on the way to work and eating at my desk. It was far easier and tasted better because I would get greasy, cheesy fast food. Yes, protein is on the way tomorrow. When I'm eating well, I usually make an egg-white or egg beater omelet with soy cheese and some sort of veggie protein (like veggie sausage or bacon). I have all of that in the fridge and will be eating it for breakfast tomorrow!

Last edited by DCchick; 05-04-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm where you were 30 lbs ago, knowing that I've gained some back and need to put the breaks on right now to stop the free fall. Work is kinda hecktic but my real problems lies in just drinking too much and having too much of a good time everywhere I go. All my friends cook too so that does not help one bit. But, its great that you are getting it together and re focusing on losing those 50 lbs again. Who knows, maybe it'll be easier this time, maybe not, but at least you know what worked last time and can get back on our wagon.
reading this was just the kick in the pants that I really really needed to get back in gear. I don't want to gain another 20 lbs back and then really be pissed at myself.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #7  

I am also attempting to lose weight that I regained.Every pound lost makes me feel more confident that I can do this.Congratulations for taking the step.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #8  

The best thing I can tell the two of you is: STOP IT NOW!!! Do whatever you have to do to get your gaining under control. It's NOT worth it, and it will spiral out of control and you wont even notice until you wake up 50lbs heavier. It starts with little things like missing a day at the gym, then eating some really crappy carryout more than you should, then putting the scale away, etc. GET IT UNDER CONTROL NOW! I would not wish this feeling on anyone! As great as it is that I'm back on the wagon, and that I'm dedicated now, I would give ANYTHING to be back where I 9months ago!!