Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default This is it.

I feel like giving up. I can't. I've been at this place in my journey for the past year and a half. I've actually GAINED 8 lbs since my husband has been back from his deployment.

I have my new plan. New motivation (clothes, of course! ) I just have to do it. Which seems to be the hardest part.

I get so frustrated with myself when I fail. I just want to be healthy, I want to be fit and sexy and comfortable in my own skin.

I'm going to start NROLFW (MWF) as well as the C25K (TTHS) while eating 1800 calories a day. I also bike to and from work about 3 or so days a week (weather/ traffic depending).

I hope I can do it this time!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

you can do it!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I don't know what the abbreviations are but you can so do this. Today. That's all you need to think about doing, doing it Today. Tomorrow you can think of adding that Today to the Yesterday.
It always seems a huuuuuge long journey if we think only of how far we have to go. All we need to focus on is doing it right Today.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Sorry about that.

New Rules of Lifting for Women on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Then the Couch to 5K on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

The lifting program sounds interesting, could you link me to the information? If not, where can I find it?

GOOD LUCK!

Try making a weekly goal chart - and give yourself a sticker for each day you accomplish your work outs, and a sticker for each day you stay on calories
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Light as air

Height: 5'1"

Hey Purple!

Quote:
I have my new plan. New motivation (clothes, of course! ) I just have to do it. Which seems to be the hardest part.

I get so frustrated with myself when I fail. I just want to be healthy, I want to be fit and sexy and comfortable in my own skin.
I have found, through a long process of learning, that making big plans and giving myself big incentives don't always work "on the ground" -- that is, in the day-to-day grind. I don't stop in the middle of the binge and think, "Oh yeah, better stop if I want to fit into ___!" My mind just doesn't make the connection, because there is no direct connection. Having a practical, by-the-minute plan does help me a great deal...and finding new motivation that I can benefit from immediately...e.g., "If I don't binge right now, I'll have more energy & accomplish more."

It has also really helped to have goals that are unrelated to weight, and to spend some time on those each day.An example: I'm always saying I'd like to start running, so today I just got off my *** and did it for 15 min or so. And it felt soo good! It can also be learning about a new subject, getting back in touch with old friends..anything.

In the end I think it comes down to how are you going to find the self-regard to stop beating yourself up when you "fail"? Because that is wasted energy, energy you could be using on something much more interesting than your weight. I feel crappy about myself pretty often. But I'm training myself to allow those thoughts to sit there while I ignore them and do something else.

Novel! Your plan sounds fun by the way! You're gonna be so buff! Go lady go!!
Jewcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #7  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

Oh girl!!! You have came so far!!! Dont give up now! Your plan sounds Fabulous! It's so hard to get over the plateau's I know.. And also, when your routine changes it also makes it more difficult. That's probably what has happened since your husband is back home.... maybe going out to eat more, etc.?
I've had several weekends lately that have been special occasions/busy so they have taken me a couple steps back.. and I spend the whole week trying to get back on track.
Good luck!
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garstar View Post
The lifting program sounds interesting, could you link me to the information? If not, where can I find it?

GOOD LUCK!

Try making a weekly goal chart - and give yourself a sticker for each day you accomplish your work outs, and a sticker for each day you stay on calories
Ditto.

I also think I'm going to go for this sticker idea. Unicorn stickers...

You can do it! Just take one day at a time!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #9  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

You absolutely can do it!!! It sound like you're all set - new motivation, new plan.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote