3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What was the hardest food for you to give up (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/170663-what-hardest-food-you-give-up.html)

AKT 05-01-2009 05:29 PM

What was the hardest food for you to give up

It could be a specific food, or type of food.

For me, fast food most definitely! Taco Bell, Del Taco, Micky Ds etc. etc.

It's hard anymore though I got over the hump!

So what are all of yours?:carrot:

CollegeGirl 05-01-2009 05:38 PM

I dont give up on entire foods rather I put them into my plan or treat my self to them sa once a month for some things and once a year for others (the trick is always plan). I would rather savor foods in monderation than tell myself that I can never have them again. For me the hardest thing to cut down on was refined sugars such as candy and baked goods! Oh my downfall at times.

Rowenna 05-01-2009 05:51 PM

Chocolate. Candy. Milkshakes. Ice cream. Pretty much anything sweet. These are things that just don't have a "healthy substitute" and it kills me. I'm diligent about eating things without the butter, cheese, dressing, toppings etc. that I used to add, and switching to whole wheat alternatives and lean meat was fine, but I just can't find anything that satisfies me like chocolate when I really really want it.

Something I've noticed is that I don't have trouble giving it up, per se - I can pass these things by fairly easily. The problem is that doing so makes me feel AWFUL. I get down in the dumps, stressed, I feel like I really can't live without it sometimes... I know I will often feel worse in the long run if I eat the stuff, but it's still torturous when all I want is a bag of oreos or a twix bar and I can't have it.

misspiggy408 05-01-2009 05:52 PM

Pizza, tortillas, and TOGO's sandwiches! I won't give them up forever though. I'll treat myself to them again, hopefully soon :D

leighish 05-01-2009 06:19 PM

Cheese.

craftykath 05-01-2009 06:22 PM

I'm in the process of giving up soda. I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I've also been working on giving up fast food, but I slipped two weeks ago and had a Whopper from BK. :( Soda will definitely be the most difficult thing for me to give up.

Savora 05-01-2009 06:30 PM

southern style chicken sandwich from mcdonalds.... so juicy, love them!

Taylor86 05-01-2009 06:33 PM

crafty I gave up diet coke 4 months to the day today - you CAN do it. It is hard but it can be done. I was drinking at least 6 -8 cans a day!!!! You can do it!!

There isn't hardest food per say for me either -- but hardest thing for me is cooking every day and not eating out all the time.

JulieJ08 05-01-2009 06:35 PM

Ugh. Diet Coke. And I hate that it's hard for me. It's not even food, for crying out loud.

LindseyLouWho 05-01-2009 06:58 PM

Yeah, I haven't really given anything up totally. I just eat bad things with less frequency and in smaller quantities.

Ambrosia 05-01-2009 07:08 PM

I haven't given up anything completely. However, I do struggle with limiting the amount of chocolate that I intake.

GradPhase 05-01-2009 07:10 PM

Instant blueberry muffin mix!! Oh gosh, those are the best most amazing muffins ever!! YUMM-O!

stewartsgirl 05-01-2009 07:27 PM

regular coke but i haven't had a dropn in 2 months :)

PammyFl 05-01-2009 07:35 PM

Like many of you woman have said, I also do not cut out everything but just limit myself. I have cut out ice cream because i can never limit myself of ICE CREAM haha (makes me want some right now)

mamaspank 05-01-2009 07:50 PM

I would say that I had to cut back on pizza, mexican food like nachos, enchiladas and tamales, and pretty much all Chinese food. Now I just have pizza once every couple of weeks and I will have tacos with shredded chicken and corn tortillas with a mix of vegis, and for Chinese food I have lettuce wraps. However, I am pretty sure the sole reason I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy was because of Pronto Pup's corndogs. SO AMAZING.