3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   One Week NO Donut/Bagel Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/170520-one-week-no-donut-bagel-challenge.html)

bodyisatemple 04-30-2009 01:27 PM

One Week NO Donut/Bagel Challenge

Hey everyone,

So, I don't normally eat donuts or bagels. I always realize how many calories and fat grams they have. But, it's finals week here at school and starting tomorrow, they give free bagels and donuts twice a day. I have one week left til I'm done and I have been doing really well following my meal plan this week. I don't want to blow it for "free" but yet so expensive (in weight terms) junk food.

My problem is that I like the free coffee. :) However, I've decided that it's worth it to spend less $2 a day on coffee like I normally do to stay away from the temptation of the donuts/bagels.

So, dear ladies, I PROMISE to everyone who reads this, that I will not have a donut/bagel for the entire week. I'll post here daily for accountability. If I drop off, someone please message me!

Anyone else have anything they want to give up for the week?

Annie

Rowenna 04-30-2009 01:37 PM

Yes, this is a great idea. I don't really want to give up anything "for life", but I think it's good to give things up for short periods of time, just to show myself that I am in control. I'm going to give up all desserts at my school dining hall, including ice cream. I'm only on this meal plan for two more weeks, so if I can spend at least one of them dessert free, I think it'll help! Keep me accountable!

prepping 04-30-2009 01:44 PM

Great idea! You can certainly do it and you'll feel WAY better knowing that you avoided the temptation!

You may find this extends to future "opportunities". I have a rule to not eat any of the free food that comes into the office. Why would I need a Costco gigantic muffin, a danish, and variety of cookies for my monday morning breakfast? silly people. lol

stellarosa27 04-30-2009 01:49 PM

I'd like to give up salads...

Just Kidding...I hate salads, I rarely eat them, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. I'm just bitter because I didn't bring lunch today, thinking I could get avocado rolls at Giant, but they were all out, and I made myself a big salad to have a low point lunch. This is the price I pay for a delicious breakfast.

Anyway.

I'm going to give up McDonald's Iced Coffee. I love it so, but its like 4-5 points for a medium, where I can have an unsweetened tea, made at home, for 0 points.

bodyisatemple 04-30-2009 02:46 PM

Yay!

Wow, I had no idea that McDonald's iced coffee was that many points. Thanks for the heads up!

Shannon1983 04-30-2009 02:56 PM

Annie-way to go on being strict with the bagel thing.. We all know you can do it. You seem very determined!! that is the attitude that you have to have if you want to beat something.

Stella-Good Luck this week with the Mcdonalds drink.. that is my favorite and it was hard for me to give them up. I didnt realized how many points there were either.. Good Luck with everything!!

I am going to give up not exercising..lol I need to crack down on this so that is what my goal is for the next 7 days..

Have a great weekend everyone!!

canadianangel 04-30-2009 03:20 PM

I think i will join you and give up bagels for 1 week..i have been having the ww bagels, and usually half, but my body really dosnt like carbs.. so no more bagels and cheam cheese!

Star2Be 05-01-2009 12:49 AM

Oooooh, free donuts AND bagels?! Sheesh, that would be hard enough for me to resist if I had to pay for it, but it's just not fair for them to be giving them away like that! Hehe. I can relate, too, because there are ALWAYS boxes of donuts taunting me at my work, and sometimes it does get pretty hard to resist--I admit it; I'm a total sucker for free food! :lol: Best of luck to ya, and WTG making this commitment, girly!! I very much admire your willpower! :cp:

Rowenna 05-01-2009 08:04 AM

One day in and no desserts yet. How is everyone else doing?

stellarosa27 05-01-2009 12:00 PM

It was SOOOO hard to drive by this morning. I was up kind of late-ish watching a movie, and I got to the gym okay, but the drive into work was terrible. I pass 2 McDonald's on the way in, so after the second one and I still needed something to jolt me awake, I stopped at Starbucks and got an iced tea. Only 2 points, so I was okay with that.

bodyisatemple 05-01-2009 03:42 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

One day down and no donuts or bagels for me! I had my first final this morning and half the class had donuts with them, but I had already had breakfast and brought one of those 100 calorie pack fudge shop snacks with me and ate those in the middle of my exam.

They looked good, but I looked at one and thought about how it would take me at least two hours in the gym to burn that off and I was over it. I'm just avoiding the lounge until this next week is over.

Stella, have you ever tried Starbucks iced coffee? I really like it, and with just a touch of half/half or non-fat milk it should be really low in points.

Way to go, Rowena!!

Rowenna 05-01-2009 03:46 PM

bodyisatemple, GREAT JOB on resisting the donuts! I actually don't like donuts but I love the frosting and sprinkles on them - I used to just eat the toppings off of donuts all the time. How gross is that?

Stella, Congrats on skipping past the McD's!!

I did not have any dessert either, and I won't be going to my dining hall for dinner, so no dessert temptations tonight.

Almost two days down! We can do it!!

stellarosa27 05-01-2009 04:09 PM

Congrats to all of you - we're doing so well :)

bodyisatemple - the appeal of the McD's iced coffee is that it doesn't taste like coffee. I've tried to get Starbucks to replicate, but its not right - I like the creamy, hazelnut taste. Also, Starbucks is like 2x as much as McD's.

I've been thinking about getting Chai tea mix, I can mix that with skim milk and its great.

bodyisatemple 05-01-2009 07:08 PM

Stella, Ah, I see.... I'm actually one of those freaks who loves the taste of coffee for itself - I even buy coffee flavored yogurt! When I do want some flavor in my coffee, I add intl. delight creamers, but I never put sugar in my coffee, for calorie reasons, and for my teeth. I figure it's bad enough for my teeth drinking coffee, I shouldn't add sugar to it.

Rowena - You're so close to goal. I checked out your fitday, (nosy, nosy me) and was wondering what your calorie plan is. We had somewhat similar starting weights and I wanted to see how you've got down the way you have.

Also - I'm going to start a 30 Day Shred forum as well, for anyone who wants to join.

Two days down almost already down, we can do it!
Annie

Rowenna 05-01-2009 07:57 PM

bodyisatemple - Ha! My fitday is embarrassing, and I doubt you're going to learn how to lose weight from it. I have come a LONG way from the way I used to eat, but I am still by no means a healthy eating example.

The keys to my weight loss have been exercise exercise EXERCISE!!! and don't eat food just because it's there. I gained all of my weight freshman year in college (freshman 15... except more like 30) because I went from eating only when I was hungry, and foods that were in my house, to having food around ALL THE TIME and in large quantities and poor quality.

Before college, I'd never had an issue with food - I ate whatever I wanted and never got fat (even though I ate a ton of junk). I was shocked at the end of my freshman year to see how far my weight had crept up - I have a tiny frame, which is unforgiving. Once I clued myself in to the reason, I started only eating things I would actually buy instead of just whatever was around.

Doing that simply got me from 140 to about 120. The rest has been exercise, cutting out ALL junk and trying to eat as much healthy stuff as I can stuff in. You asked about my calorie plan - I don't count calories as I eat them, but I put everything (even binges!) into Fitday, and I am nearly always between 1000-1500 calories, depending on the day. I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I am full.

If I can lose weight and be healthy, anyone can. I KNOW you can do it! What plan are you following, if any?