Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #1  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Default Weather making me impatient for weight loss...

I don't feel like I'm ready for Spring. I'm a little dismayed that the weather is getting warmer cause I'm not ready to start shedding layers of clothing yet!

But as everyone puts away their winter coats and starts wearing cute little cotton blazers, I'm still longing to have something covering me. Isn't it sad that I can't enjoy a beautiful day cause I don't want to show my arms in t-shirts?

What's worse is that this time last year I weighed 15 pounds more, so the spring clothes I have from last year don't fit but my old clothes from when I was around 143ish are still too small!

In a way losing weight has made me a little bit more self conscience of my body. People are noticing and making comments about how good I look compared to before, so then I feel body conscience because I don't feel like there is very big difference from then to now so I still end up feeling big.

Last edited by hotnewspirits; 04-28-2009 at 10:02 PM.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I *totally* relate 100% and was thinking this EXACT thing today on campus! It does NOT feel good!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #3  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh man I know how you feel. Like everyone keeps saying how good I'm looking bad I feel ridiculous looking cause for one all my clothes are baggy on me, and two, I don't feel like I look much different.

But girly, you only have a little over 20 pounds to go, it'll be gone in no time!

Good luck!
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/145/125

Height: 5'3

I totally understand!! I've gained weight throughout this school year, so now all my spring/summer clothes are way too tight on me. Plus, I just feel awkard being so chubby now.

I'm hoping to be down to 147 by the time finals are over (2 weeks), so I can at least fit into my cutest jeans.

I always tell myself, this will be the summer I look hot in a bikini. It looks like this summer may be out of the question, unless I'm talking about late summer. But, I WILL be in the 140s before Memorial Day!
bodyisatemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #5  
sugar is the devil

ah I'm the opposite. Usually, I love the warmer weather so I can go back outside to exercise and enjoy the sun. I really miss this during the winter - I can't stand being cold. I'm a nature girl at heart. But, I do not like to wear short sleeves or shorts for the same reasons. I can get away with wearing jeans all summer and I kind of force myself to wear dem shirts. I remind myself that if last year I did it, weighing 15 lbs more than I do now, than I can do it again and be able to enjoy this nice weather more. I think there is ways around this too - some nice, light, breathable long sleeve jacket or shawl to keep tour arms covered but not make you too hot. Also, tights are in style so you can wear those under a skirt. Have a look around and see what you can find.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-29-2009 at 02:09 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #6  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm with ya. I much prefer winter clothes. The thought of wearing shorts and tank tops makes me shudder.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #7  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!

In February I was dreaming of gauzy summer dresses but now they horrify me haha. I'm hoping that by June when its really heating up I'll be in the 140's by then and a littl emore comfortable in my skin.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #8  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

YES, I can 100% relate to this post!!! Every freakin' word. Especially this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnewspirits View Post
In a way losing weight has made me a little bit more self conscience of my body.
It so blows my mind that a year (and 100 lbs) ago, I had the *audacity* to go out in public in arm-baring tank tops and such... I knew I was fat, but I also wasn't going to make myself uncomfortable by wearing tons of layers when it was hot--plus it's not like I was going to "trick" anyone into thinking I wasn't fat just because I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt. But now, I just have this constant awareness of how my body looks in my clothes, and I loathe my big, jiggly arms so much that I'm actually questioning whether I'll feel comfortable wearing tank tops this summer--I just feel like people will be staring at my arms and thinking, Okay, she might have lost some weight, but she clearly hasn't been toning those things up at all! Heh. And I don't think that's 100% paranoia--you're totally right in that people DO look at your body a lot more when you've lost a significant amount of weight, or at least from my experience it certainly seems like it... It's like they want to look for some kind of flaw to make your success seem, I dunno, less grand, so then they won't have to feel so humbled by the amazing thing you've done.

It is so weird to me, though, that in some respects I was more comfortable in my own skin *before* I started losing weight. I just didn't think about it as much! And now, wearing different clothes really does have a huge effect on the way my body looks - i.e. I look almost normal when I'm fully covered with jeans/long sleeves skimming over all the rolls, but you'd shriek if you saw me in my skivvies, LOL - so it's very tempting to tell myself that I "can't" wear certain things, even if I know I'd be more comfortable (heatwise) in them! It's very frustrating... I wish I had some kind of solution for us, heh, but I really don't. Guess I just wanted you to know that you're not alone!!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote