Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #1  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Unhappy Feeling seriously dismayed, need some serious help and support

Please help me

I have been the same weight since December. In December I hit 70.9kg. Since then I have been between 71 and 73.3kg. I once hit 70.9kg again but gained again. I was eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day, i turned that down to 1400 calories max a day, still no change. I was 100% on plan with eating for about 2 weeks, now ive started eating in the evenings and going over board, because nothing I seem to eat/not eat seems to help anyway.

Exercise wise is harder to report on because I dont keep a full record of it. I go to the gym at least twice a week, I aim to get there at least 3 times and usually make it. I do a martial art 3 times a week at 2 hrs a pop on top of that, which is not heart pounding the whole time, but does have short bursts of intense exercise.

I just dont know what to do. This week I'm trying to exercise at the gym everyday AND go to training, but my eating has been bad because i havent seen any results
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

It's a bad cycle that many of us can relate to- you don't see results so you eat poorly, then because you're eating poorly, you don't see results...

I'm so sorry you're having frustrations. When I get that way I try to just do one day- one day completely on plan. Then the next day. Just keep going and if you slip up, just start the next day like the last never happened!

You can do it!
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

it may be possible that you're not eating enough for your activity level.
or not the right combination of foods.
maybe a session or two with a nutritionist can help?
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

the cycle is just so hard to get out of, even when i am on plan nothing seems to change

I dont think i can afford a nutritionalist, and i dont have health insurance (not sure it would be covered under health insurance anyway). Would a GP know anything?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

They would know a small amount, I would actually see if your gym offers a free personal training consultation. I used to be a trainer and we did them at my work all the time.

If they are certified by NASM or ACE then they would know a ton about nutrition
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

i know my gym does nutrition in one of their programmes, but im pretty sure you have to pay extra to be part of the programme. As im already paying around NZ$27 a week for my membership, its just not going to happen >.< But i'll email them and see if they do free one off consultations. I used to have a personal trainer a few years ago and would love to have one again, but at the moment i just dont have the cash, what with my car needing work, my teeth needing work, everything needs work lol!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #7  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Ah, Ghost, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I can relate to your frustration. I hit a plateau at 150 last fall and then just kind of stopped trying. Now I'm trying to get back on plan, and it's really effing hard - I wish I had just stuck with it.

I agree with that you might want to try increasing your caloric intake. You and I are a similar height/weight, and the online calculators tell me I should be eating 1600-1700 calories a day if I want to lose 1 lb. a week.

You can do it - don't be afraid to experiment with your diet and exercise routines. Eventually your body will respond to something!

Stay strong sister!!!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

im scared though, ive eaten around 1600-1700 these past 2 days and already nearly gained a kilo
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #9  
FOCUS FOCUS!!

S/C/G: 130/126/110

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel. For the past couple months, I had no success. But now I'm seeing results in a short amount of time. What I've discovered is that I need to do cardio (which keep your heart rate elevated for 30 or 60 minutes) consistently, eat healthily until I'm full (rather than stopping when I reach a certain quantity/calorie), and not eating past 8PM. I also don't avoid oil and sodium to the extent that I used to when I dieted. The fat keeps me feeling full for longer and the sodium gives me energy. As long as I stay full, I won't feel like I'm on a diet and there's no need to "quit".
UWPiPhiAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

According to the daily plate i usually have between 48% and 71.5% of my daily fat allowance, usually its around 60-70%, should i try and up that?

Usually when i go to the gym i run for 45mins or do a weights class for 55 mins, so i thought i was getting enough in, but maybe its hard to tell how much ive actually been doing, i could have been averaging only a couple of gym visits a week i guess
Old 04-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #11  
This is not a test.

Ok, got call from my gym, im set up for a free, non commital consultation with a personal trainer :') I nearly cried on the phone

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 04-29-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
Ok, got call from my gym, im set up for a free, non commital consultation with a personal trainer :') I nearly cried on the phone
yesss! that is awesome news! it will be great to have a professional right in front of you to talk with, good luck -- let us know how it goes for sure!
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #13  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

That's fantastic, I hope it goes well!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #14  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I know the feeling. I have been doing the ups and downs for almost a month and a half now....and I'm getting really frustrated because I wanted to be at or really close to goal by my birthday So today I decided that I am just going to have to push myself or I will never get there. I need to be super strict and quit eating a bunch of garbage and sitting around on my booty!

Ghost girl me and you can do this together...I feel like everyone else is doing sooo well and I am just STUCK
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #15  
This is not a test.

thanks everyone, i'll let you know what they say! Im very tempted to hire them as a personal trainer im not entirely sure the bank will like that too much, but I intend to barter them down from the usual $60/hr and see them once a fortnight If i get my bf to join my gym then we could see him together and pay half each

@carter: yes! I saw my goal for june and i was like And everyone else is making such great progress. Its terrible (for us, not for people making progress), esp when we seem to be doing everything right!