Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 05:22 PM   #1  

Talking newbie from florida

hi everyone!! my name is alisa. i am looking for a diet buddy who is between the ages of 21-25. right now i weigh 237. i would like to get down to at leat 170lbs.

i gained about 50 lbs when i started the depo shot for birth control and am having a hard time losing weight. so if you have been on the depo shot, i would really like to have ya as my buddy.

i am not doing any certain diet, i am just cutting out all red meat, soda, prepacked food. no extra sugars or salt and of course tons and tons of water. i am starting my new way of eating on june 1st!!

please email me at [email protected]
or you can just reply to this thread!!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:44 PM   #2  

Default Welcome

Welcome to the site. I'm not a real big poster on this site.. but I can relate to your situation.

I started my own weight loss program in April. So far I have lost 5-0 pounds.. at least I think so. I didn't have a scale so it was hard to tell. I now weight 177 and want to get down to 140. I've been working out at least 6 times a week for 40 minutes.

I havent used depo.. but I know some people on other forums have. You might want to try Buddy Up or Support. But you can always post here if ya need me.

Anyways.. the 20s something thread is kinda slow.. but maybe it will spark up again.

Congrats on your decision to start a new way of eating.. I wish you nothing but success in your weight loss.

-Tanya
Old 05-31-2002, 06:45 AM   #3  

Talking

thanks so much for your reply!! i was starting to think no one came to this forum.....

i have started my "diet" today. 1 day early, i am just so tired of eating all the fatty fast food. it makes me tired and fat!!

i will talk to ya soon!!
Old 05-31-2002, 11:12 AM   #4  

Believe me.. there are many overweight 20 year olds. Maybe we are just all in denial

Monique: How the heck did you lose 66 pounds in 9 months?? That is so awesome!!!! I'm jealous. I'm scared that my first 5 pounds were a fluke.. and that no matter how hard I work out.. I wont lose another pound. We'll see.. I guess I just have to be patient. Was it like that for you? Or did it come off really easy?

Turtle: Congrats on starting your "diet" one day early. That is definetly a sign that you are going to stick with it and reach your goal!

Last night was tough.. my workout buddy bailed on me for the second day in a row and I went alone. Sometimes I dont mind.. but other times.. its such a struggle to get myself there its nice to have that extra push. But I did anyways.

Have a good one!

-Tanya
Old 06-09-2002, 04:40 PM   #5  

Unhappy Depo Shmepo

I went on depo after having my second child (April 2001). I did not gain very much weight with either one of my pregnancies, but as soon as I got on the shot, it only took 2 months for me to gain 60 pounds. I have been off for 6 months, and with two rugrats running around, I am finding it very hard to take off the weight. Just hang in there, your plan sounds just like mine. Are you incorporating any exercise? Good luck!!!!!

Angela
Closed Thread