Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11

Default I did it!

My and my sister first started cycling 2 months ago after discovering a rail trail only minutes from her house. We starting walking the trail every other day until we realized that we might like cycling. So we went out the next day and bought a bike. We decided right then that we would push ourselves to ride every Sunday morning if it killed us. We got up the first Sunday at 7am and hit the trail, and not only did we love it but we were able to ride for 14 miles our first try! We were really starting to feel like "Hey we could be one of those pros in the tight uniforms one day" haha... A couple weeks ago we saw a flyer hanging at one of the stops on the trail for a charity ride for autism, and thought "Hey we could do that right?" The rides ranged from 63, 30, and 10 miles. We told ourselves we would do the 10 because we have been doing way more than that without pain so we signed up. Then out of the blue my sister tells me that we can do the 30mile ride(two days before the ride I might add haha) I hesitated a bit because we have never rode that long but decided all we can do is try... so whatever happens, happens. We get there sign in and realize we are the only people younger than 40 riding, which gave us a little confidence boost that if they can do it? we surely could. With us in our tshirts and walmart bikes we headed down the trail next to the spandex wearing, trek pedaling professionals and guess what? We finished! 30 miles in 2hrs and 30min! 1500 calories i might add We were so excited that we had ACTUALLY done it.

Here we are at the finish line.....
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #2  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Congrats!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #3  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

to both you and your sister! That is an AWESOME achievement!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Congratulations!!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #5  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

That's really inspirational! Great job!