Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #1  
Fit and Fine in '09

S/C/G: 226/check the ticka/155

Height: 5-7

Default Loving my exercise ball

For the longest time I had issues with not being able to get on the floor to do crunches or sit ups. They were just about impossible with the size of my stomach. So for a while I just ignored doing abd exercises. Well now that I have lost most of my weight my belly seems to se a **** of a lot saggier than before. Well duh. Well someone told me to try doing crunches on an exercise ball. Went online and found Walmart had them for $8!!! Ok thats one trip to the cafeteria at work. So since I am skipping the over processed food at the hospital I went to Walmart and bought one. It came with everything in this crammed little bix and I love it! It comes witha little guide and everything and it really it working my abds. Now I jump on the thing whenever I think about it and do like 20-30 crunches. Belly is def feeling and looking slightly better. Anyone else having this luck with the ball? Any other good exerecises to try on it?
PiperNCalliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

I've been doing 100 crunches a day on mine all month (I skipped a few days) and I've lost an inch in my waist. I also do jack knives cause I really want the bottom part of my stomach under my belly button to go away. That has gone down a touch. I measure the first week of May and I can let you know how it's gone then.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

That's so cool! I've been looking into getting one of those. I saw a biggest loser one at Target last weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should get one I can sit on or one that I kind of hold while I workout
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I have done crunches on both the big abdominal and a smaller one about half that size (not sure the dimensions). Both seem to work well. Jack knives are great, you can lay on your side on the ball and prop your feet on the floor against the wall for stability, and crunch sideways, reaching your arm to touch the wall each time. Or you can get in push up position with the ball under your shins and crunch in, it works your abs AND your push up muscles. That move is harder, but it's different so it's fun.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Great deals on exercise balls and other exercise stuff can be found at TJ Maxx and Marshalls if you have those stores in your area. Worth looking out for. Thats where I got almost all my stuff at rock bottom prices.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/178/145

Height: 5'2"

Default BOSU Ball

I bought a BOSU ball, or half ball, and I found lots of sites on the internet for excercises. Even YouTube has films that illustrate the workout. The cool thing about the BOSU ball is that you can turn it over and do pushups too. Mine has elastic tubes for arms workout. It really works all those little muscles. I don't do a lot at once right now. It is small so storage is easy. I place it on top of a yoga mat so it doesn't slip.
Wowwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #7  
I will do this.

Yup - I love mine too. To make it harder I hold a one 15 pound weight with my hands while I do crunches....gotta love the burn!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #8  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I used to have one and do work on it. I need a new one.
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #9  
sugar is the devil

I've always wondered about doing the "ball" exercises. But I always get intimidated when I think about it - ie. "What do I do on this thing?" I know my answer is just a simple Google search away... but I'll just wait and see when it gets to the point where I need to firm up my tummy.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I used to use mine all the time. I used it for easier squats. Up the ball behind your back against a wall, roll down, and feel the burn. I would roll all over the house, while the bf was gone of course, and would crack myself up over how much fun I was having. lol I had to deflate it when I moved. I have no idea where it is now, but I think I should find it and start using it again.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

How do you inflate the ball if you buy it online? Do I need to buy a special pump for it?

I've just started using the ball at the gym during the past 2 weeks. I really like it and am more motivated to jump on it and push myself to do crunches.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #12  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Most of the time the ball comes with a little foot pump. ^
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote