Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

I'm reading Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates... I didn't get a chance to go see it in the theaters, so I figured I would read it before it came out on dvd.

I also want to get the Twilight series and have that for summer reading...
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #17  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

I just bought Size 12 is Not Fat today and even though the demographic of the book are for slightly younger folk, I'm finding myself into the whole who-is-the-murderer-or-is-the-protagonist-really-just-insane story line. It's two books in one so Size 14 is Not Fat Either would be next on my reading list.

Note: It has nothing to do with weight loss or feeling good in your body. It's a chick lit centered around murder.

Last edited by lixximajig; 04-14-2009 at 11:31 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #18  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i also am reading think like a man act like a lady by steve harvey lol

and textbooks ugh

Last edited by bjeweled; 04-14-2009 at 11:44 AM.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #19  

Lixxmajig: I saw those books the other day at the bookstore and ALMOST bought them! BUT I still have a good bit of my current book to read, those are definately next on the list!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which was really good! Sad in parts because it deals with WWII, but also funny and sweet.

I also recently read the graphic novel of Watchmen! Still have to see the movie!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #21  
work hard.

S/C/G: 197/170/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissclaire View Post
I'm reading Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates... I didn't get a chance to go see it in the theaters, so I figured I would read it before it came out on dvd.
How is it?? I've been thinking of reading it.

And Bronte155, I read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society this fall and I loved it too!
icandoallthings6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Just finished reading Insomnia by Stephen King
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #23  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

bliss - you WILL get addicted to the books... the last one is moving slow for me only because i'm not as committed to getting it done with like the others since there isn't another one for me to read

after this is done... i want to read "men are from mars, women are from venus" along with catching up on Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson books... since i'm joining a pool this year, i will be able to get some reading done
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I almost never read books anymore.. just scientific journals and the occasional bit of textbook!

The last book I read was Watchmen (it was incredible, I can see why it made Time's 100 best novels list!).

Next on my list to read is Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku... I love "pop physics" books and I find him very accessible on TV so hopefully he's the same in writing.

I've also got some Warcraft-related books I need to buy... apparently Richard Knaak and Christie Golden both came out with new books within the past year or so and I didn't hear about it until now.

Wow, that's a geeky reading list, lol!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3

Okay I just finished Act like a Lady Think Like a Man, and starting on Such a Pretty Fat.
CountryGal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #26  

Revolutionary Road is amazing... I love the 40s-50s era anyways, and the wording is just so beautiful! I can't wait to see the movie!

I wish I had a friend still down here that I could trade books with... I have a few shelves FULL of really good books... Sally.... I should mail them to you so you can have some good books to read at the poolside!

*sigh* guess i'll have to make my fiance buy my hardcover twilight set for me!

And Mayness, you're not geeky... I have slowly gotten into the Wheel of Time series.... AND I've read all of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn books.... THOSE were amazing! (I have stopped playing Warcraft so that I can workout and not be stuck in front of the computer for hours at a time!)

Last edited by blissclaire; 04-14-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #27  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Ok, let me preface this all by stating that I love to read, am an incredibly fast reader, am always in the middle of several books, am an lit minor, and a future librarian. So books are my thing.

Eskinomad
- I have the 20 Something book too! I had a really difficult time with all of the lists and essays when I was going through it the first time. I may pick it back up again because with the whole trying to lose weight thing, I'm feeling more introspective than before.

Iconised Ghost- I freakin' love Terry Prachett! I go through these phases when I get almost obsessed Discworld and find myself dropping phrases like "I'm so mad, I'm about go Librarian-poo!" and then find my friends are looking at me strange.

I resisted the Twilight books. I tried really, really hard and made fun of my friends when I found out they were on a 4th grade reading level. And then... I started the first one, and two reading-filled days later, finished the fourth. It was insanity; they are seriously addicting.

Right now, I'm in the middle of rereading Persuasion for my Jane Austen class (my favorite lit class ever). For fun, I just finished Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose (as I'm mildly obsessed with the HBO version), People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (awesome & engrossing). I don't have time to run to the library for new books until this weekend.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

He's just not that into you ... it's hilarious!!!!
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #29  

KnitaLisa- Yeah I so know what you mean about Twilight I think I read about a book a day and I was sad for seriously like 2 weeks once I was done. I didnt want them to end lol EDIT: I just saw that you are reading Persuasion also. Do you like it? I actually read it just for fun...yeah I'm a nerd.

Anyways I'm a nerd and I'm reading the Twilight Saga....again also reading the Sookie Stackhouse series which Tru Blood is based on. Vampire thing going on?!!? I dunno

Last edited by kswood87; 04-14-2009 at 10:59 PM.
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 196/196/125

Actually, despite being 23 I am in the middle of the Chronicles of Narnia series. I have always loved Young Adult fiction. Before I regressed into childhood, though, I read "Life of Pi". It was incredible.
maverick09 is offline   Reply With Quote