Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** Weekly Chat April 12 - 18 ***

Hey Ladies,

HAPPY EASTER! (AND PASSOVER)

Thought I'd start up the weekly chat since I've been MIA the last week or so. Life has just been super stressful lately. Everything that I put off all semester is coming to bit me in the but. So I have two big papers, one little paper, a mock trial, and two finals in the next 30 days but then I'm done. Luckly once I finish on May 8, I have like 20 days of nothing to do before I start my bar review classes. Speaking of the bar, I passed my PR exam which has me feeling a little better.

As for weight loss, I should change my ticker, I'm down to 165. I finally weighted myself post-opt. I know that is still high conisdering they took like 11 pounds from the 171 I was up to pre-tummy tuck, and when you add in the 2 pounds for implants I'm up 3 pounds. But I realize, and my surgeon says every time I see her, that I am super swollen still and it's going to take time to go down. There isn't anything that can be done just wait. So I'm going to continue to focus on healthy eating and hopefully when my life slows down in May I can start at the gym again.

How is everyone else?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 (162.5)/ticker/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

(...continued from last week)

nish-Do you actually drink the vinegar or take tablets? I was drinking a tbsp. a morning for a couple days and it was great! Cleaned me out! BUT it tasted disgusting, so I couldn't keep up with it.

taylor-ROCK ON for bringing your own pizza! I think that is so awesome and strong. I had one beer Friday night and logged it in my calories, so it could've been worse.

bee-LOVE the dress! It looked beautiful on you as well. I'm going to have to check out Ross now.

Well, Friday was so-so and Sat. was not a great eating day BUT I logged all my calories which is a HUGE step for me. Usually if I'm having a not-great eating day, I'll forget it and start over the next day. But I found that if I keep accountable even on over-eating days, I over-eat LESS than I would've. At least it helps me feel more consistent.

I'm running my second 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks, so I'm a bit nervous. I am 10 pounds heavier than the last one, and it is making a bigger difference (negatively) than I thought. It's amazing how much strain a little extra weight can put on the body. Maybe in 3 weeks I can drop 5 pounds? God I hope!

Anyhow, HAPPY EASTER to you all!

Last edited by ahope2277; 04-12-2009 at 10:06 PM.
ahope2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #3  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i caught up on all the posts from last week sooo here we go

taylor i would have went outside and acted a fool! i am proud of you for not letting it get you down and being the bigger person. i hope you are enjoying your Easter celebration with your family. way to go on planning!

beaka i went to lenox and got a dress and shoes from michael kors and it was a medium

nisha i am going to try this apple cider vinegar my granny has been telling me to do that same thing for years! when u said yr skin cleared up i was sold on it again lol. i'm glad yr down 4 pounds and you are hungry again. we all need healthy relationships with food. and i understand about the long legs i have to have at least a 38 length and i would still be flooding.

luvja i know you will get back into the swing of things. get your buddy on board.

beaka how was your trip home? did u steal yr mama's exercise stuff? lol

ashlan youve got to tell us all about richmond! i am super sick today from last nights festivities and will tell you all about them when i feel better.

alana congrats on the job sooo i think u, ashlan and nisha need to get together since you all live so close to each other.

rhts i understand your pain. i have a 10 page paper due in a little over a week plus a big event project and an 8 page science paper due. not to mention all of my smaller assignments. and graduation is 4 weeks away! we have hard work to do and it will be done! dont be upset about the weight you know that you will be back in the gym in time. healing properly is more important.

ahope good job on logging the bad days. i logged one day out of 2 and it did make me eat less. good luck on the half marathon i'm sure you will be down 5 pounds in no time.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Holy freaking Crap....I completely bombed this weekend! I did everything according to plan all the way through dinner. The problem came this morning ( i guess I didn't account for the second day...eeek) we had IHOP where I had 2 scrambled eggs, french toast and 2 strips of bacon, then for lunch i had red robin (half a burger) and for dinner the other half!!!! I also had a brownie. I can honestly say though there is nothing I else I want to eat except carrots and salads....

Well the plan is to run about 12 miles this week before WI drink a ton of water and uhm, well live on carrots and fruit! No seriously I am gonna work my *** off.

THe BF had a great time. The clubs were not really packed because everyone was A. gone for easter or B. at strawberry hill. Richmond was desolete this weekend but it didn'tstop us from having a good time. Alana and I met up for lunch at REd Robin where I devoured a burger and she a salad...lol

I am posting pics of the dresses I wore.

Brie - how was the "a"?

Nisha - 4 POUNDS...hellz yeah

RHTS - Yay for passing your exam. Wow you are busy these days. WTG on being down!

Ahope - 1/2 marathon. WOW! That is my ultimate end of the year goal. good luck with that. With your training you should be able to lose the 5 pounds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1000.jpg (25.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1017.jpg (23.6 KB, 48 views)
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I just went total apesh!t on my sister like way worse than normal. Oh yes TOM is just around the corner. My nails have grown twice as fast this week and high irritability n my insatiable want to eat oh yes it seems like it's close to that time again.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 04-12-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

RHTS -- The hardest thing after surgery is being patient, but give your body the time it needs and you'll be back to 100% before you know it. And you look gorgeous. I love your userpic!

Ahope -- Uck! Drinking it. Things in tablet form have lost most of their nutrients and have to be enriched artificially, just fyi. Waaaaaaay better just to get what your body needs from the direct source.

Ashlan -- LOL! It's okay. I ate half of a mini carrot cake for my early birthday.

Brie -- Post those ATL pics, and it's odd how grandma's always have the best most outlandish sounding health tips. Most of them work though.

Bee -- Haha! Maybe that was enough to keep her off your back for the rest of the week.

As for me, uhmmm... new dude. Roommate and DH are NOT pleased at all, especially since I kicked HR out for the weekend because ND was here. Beheh. But you tell me the last time you were ever able to pass up 6'2", a perfect smile and a British accent and i'll fedex you a dollar first thing in the morning.

I'm kind of scared about tomorrow night, someone started a really absurd joke and now everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, 'in the know' has stolen a kiss in some various weird way. I think my BFF put them up to it, since she always gives me my birthday kiss and she's in Iraq. LoL. I've been brushing my teeth like 8 times a day, I keep feeling like i'm going to f*ckin get mono or something.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #7  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

i didnt kick it in atlanta i just went for a job fair and spent money in the malls. i kicked it last night for my bday celebration and my camera died so as soon as my bff sends me the pics i will upload them.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #8  
I will do this.

I just popped on to day, even though today was a cheat day I finally left a holiday meal not being so bloated I had to unbutton my pants on the ride home....( Bad, huh?)

I still cheated, yes - but I stopped when I was full and listened to my body and that was my goal.

Back to the gym tomorrow and personals later. I am going to bed...been up since 6am!

*loves*
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So my meal planning wasn’t so good today but I’m planning out everything for tomorrow. I think I’m going to make the list of everything I need to do and try and make it manageable. Divide and concur right?

Ahope – good job with the half marathons.

Bjeweled – I keep counting down … it’s almost over.

Cakebatter – You look great!!! Glad you had a good time over the weekend but sorry for the bad eating. It sucks when that happens. Next time try to eat a veggie burger at red robins. It’s a little better.

Bee – Sorry about the sis. I know family can be hard.

Kitten – Thanks. I know patient is a virtue. Anyways I couldn’t pass up that guy. They’ll get over it. Have fun At least he sounds like a guy you like the last guy I hooked up with I was drunk and he was drunk, I don’t like him but I have a history of making bad decision when I drink.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Okay, so the weekend didnt go as horrid as i thought it would....

Yesterday, we left a LOT later then I wanted to get to my dad's. He made a Crawfish Chowder.... with potatoes, corn, heavy cream and all the yummy goodness that is in those things... I ate TWO bowls, BUT i had only eaten cereal all day, sooo, not that bad I think!

And then today went quite well too. Although I ENGORGED myself with crawfish (I ate til I was full, waited about 10-15 minutes and then went back for more!) BUT I limited myself to only three potatoes... Which for me is an accomplishment in itself. And to avoid the Easter candy my grandmother and aunt tried to make me cheat with, I left it at my dad's, for him to snack on!!! So today went well... Crawfish, a few potatoes and Banana cake.... YUM-O!

OH and then I found out that my younger sister is pregnant. She's 19, the guy she just started dating a month ago is 24. no biggie, I'm just hopeful that she makes the right decision as far as what to do. Being as though our mother was adopted, I don't think that my sister can go the unthinkable route. So, everyone keep my sister in the back of your brain, or in your prayers, or what have you. I'm happy for her, it just makes me envy her somewhat because i'm so infertile. one of these days....

Happy Easter Ladies!!
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 119.4kg/119.4kg/65kg

Height: 172cm

Hi Ladies

I am a newbie trying to find my feet around here. I hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I did introduce myself over at the intros section but basically I have some 50kg to lose and am ready to get on with it. I joined up with WW online over the weekend and am looking forward to my first loss this week.

Hope everyone's easter weekends were great
angel2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #12  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hi angel! yay someone else who uses kgs welcome!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #13  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

evening everyone

remember - dont worry about the scale right now. put it away. the numbers are not important right now post-op. Everything will move down soon enough. Good luck with the next 30 days. stay on top of it. and make sure you take time out for yourself to destress if you need to.

ahope - a half marathon is incredible. the fact that you are heavier than before will be obsolete when you cross the finish line. 5lbs down in the next 3 weeks. 5lbs down by the end of the race. hehe.

brie - thanks. finally some money coming in. we definitely need pictures. and i had lunch with ashlan this afternoon. nish, where you at?

ashlan - tomorrow its all about the salads and the gym. its a brand new day. plus you had a good weekend. that must count for something.

nish - oohh a new guy. damn i dont get a dollar. Congrats on the 4lbs!!!!

angel - welcome chica.

A couple updates
1. Had lunch with ashlan today. She is so nice and sweet and downright honest which is awesome. Very easy to talk to and i laughed and talked way more than i ate. Basically she is just like how she is on 3FC.

2. The mixer i went to friday night was actually really cool. i met 2 really nice guys but one so far has expressed an interest in taking me out. Go-karting and laser tag. Sounds good to me. We have a lot in common and i am intrigued to know more.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #14  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

1. I wish I could meet any of you ladies in person...it would be awesome
2. I decided that today for the next 2 weeks I am totally SB-ing it 100%
3. Me and another lady that I work with are going to start training for the 5K during cherry festival week(July) and I super stoked

Ashlan- I L-O-V-E the white dress....can I borrow it? lol no seriously can I....

Nish- I brush my teeth a ridiculous amount of times a day anyways and I'll tell you what it never stopped me from getting mono in the past... lol *kiss* *kiss* for you

K ladies seriously I've been up for almost 3 hours and it is time for me to work out and get my s-h-i-* done today
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

UGH! Ladies the scale was harsh to me this weekend. I guess those crawfish caught up to me! I'll still be losing a teensy bit for my WI tonight, but I guess that I can make up for it this week since I'm on spring break...
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote