Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #1  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default Frustrated

I've been contemplating making this post all week. But today is the lowest day I've had all week.

I had been fooling myself for months, telling myself I was trying. But it was never more then a half hearted attempt. If I'm being completely honest I haven't given this my all in years. Yes I lost 20 pounds but it was from the times that I put effort into taking care of what I ate. When I did it was often a drasting measure(ie under 1000 kcals).

But over the last few months I have been building up to this and now I am mentally ready to do this. And I am in it 110%. I'm putting my all into this. I went to thy gym 3 times this week. I've kept my calories low(but not too low ). I'm strict with myself in terms of eating, I only eat when I plan to. I'm not drinking. I'm quiting smoking. I'm even changing the quality of all the foods I'm eating. There have been so many moments this week where I just wanted to throw in the towel. When I was working hard at the gym and couldn't breath I thought to myself "Just give up this is too hard". But I didn't. I pushed myself more then I ever have. Which tells me that I can do this.

I've struggled a lot in the last few months with my self worth, I just feel my life is going no where. But I feel fantastic when I've been to the gym. I feel like I've really done something with my day. But here I am only one day out of the gym and I feel like I'm wasting my life. How ridiculous is that?

So it boils down to this, the scales HAS NOT moved all week. First couple of days I just said to myself "Stick it out and see how things look at the weekend. Still no change. What bothers me is that I put myself through **** and back this week and NOTHING. And the last couple of weeks I did nothing, didn't watch what I ate, ate too much and did NO exercise and I still lost weight. WHAT THE ****?

It just makes me want to throw in the towel. Which is pathetic because thats the last thing I want to do. I want this more then ever. But I'm just exhausted. What am I doing this for if it's not going to pay off.

I KNOW it's only been a week. But I've done it for less amount of time and seen results.

I'm just really frustrated.
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #2  
sugar is the devil

Sometimes your body can get "used" to the routine you are doing... the result; a plateau. My suggestion for you is to try switching things up a bit... go out for a hike or start lifting weights...

Are you just doing cardio? If not, you need to do some weight exercises in there too to build muscle mass. Maybe you have just lost some water weight now so the scale is going no where. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism and the more fat you will burn!

I know what it feels like... I was at 170lbs for a good 6 months and it was going no where... so I started switching my routine and it's starting to come off! But even when the numbers weren't changing, I saw a difference in my body. It's not the scale that matters, it's about the inches you lose. Try measuring your chest, abdomen, and hips and keep measuring that to see the physical changes in your body.

But no matter what... DO NOT GIVE UP! I'd say more than half of weight loss is due to a positive outlook and a state of mind. If you start become negative, you will have no motivation nor determination to continue with your goal!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #3  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Just stick with it. The weight will come off.Just keep doing what you're doing and post when you need encouragement or have questions. All of the great people here will keep you motivated!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Some people lose a lot of weight when they first start (or re-start) working hard at it... others don't lose anything, or gain, until their body catches up with their new routine. If your muscles aren't used to working that hard, they might be storing extra water. Maybe you ate something high in sodium before your weigh in. Maybe it's hormonal. It's probably just due to chance.

I should probably be telling you that even when the scale doesn't move, you're still improving your health, and making important changes that will give you a better quality of life. And while that's true, I know it's not terribly comforting when you just want to see a pound or two come off.

So, stick with it, and I'm confident you'll see results. It sure sounds like you're doing everything right!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

You can do it Maddie- just keep switching it up- do you have a heart rate monitor? I don't personally use one, but I know it's helped lots of people track their level of intensity and that helps keep them on track.
I'm stuggling with the same thing, but I just keep telling myself to trust the process.
I can lose two or three pounds a week- but eating less than 1000 calories, like you mentioned, but it won't stay off.
I also have to keep telling myself that this weight didn't go on my body at 2 pounds a week, so how can I lose 2 pounds a week, if that makes sense. It takes a while to get up to a certain weight and it takes a while to get back down too.
Just stick it out- you will see results!
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #6  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Keep atit! You can do it, and it will show up in the end... maybe you're body just hasn't kicked in yet... Give it a week or two and I'm sure you'll see results!!
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote