Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

No, I never do and it was only 150 more calories than normal burned.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #92  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

2nd day calorie counting and so far so good.
I burned over 500 calories today with 40 minute run and 20 minute Taebo with weights.
Based on my last two days, I found out that I consume way too much carb (I do eat about 90-95 % of whole grain but still...), way too much sodium, and way too much fat. Calories are not bad. Fiber and Protein are good, too. So I'm gonna try to watch those three. Going towards whole food not just for here and there but for all three meals and snacks should help, hopefully.
I'm feeling good so far. Yay!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #93  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm starting to get more and more curious about Zumba. Does anyone here do it? How much do you pay for the classes??
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #94  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I used to do it. I loved it and I would go back when I can make it.
60 minute really flies by fast and you SWEAT.. a GREAT cardio!
Mine was $25 for 4 classes or $7 per class.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to Zumba tonight, but with my gym membership you can go to any class you want as many times as you want as part of your membership. It's a lot of fun.

My horrendous day yesterday equated to 2 lbs gained on the scale today. Might have something to do with the fact that I had over 3500 mg of sodium, yeah?

TOM's creeping up on me, and I CAN'T let this beat me!!!! The hard part is I have plans with a friend to go to Hooter's tonight for half price boneless wings. I did the math and an order of strips (same thing really) and an order of fries is like 1300 calories alone. I'm going to eat breakfast, go to work, then run, eat something light for lunch, do Zumba in the evening, go to Hooters as planned, eat half portions of fries and strips, and do 30DS and stretch in the evening to keep the metabolism up as much as I can. And I will try my darndest to keep the water flowing.

Last edited by brooksrm; 04-01-2009 at 04:28 AM.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Honey, i'm hooome!

Hihi!

Yes, I know I need to stop falling off the face of the earth without so much as a warning, but i'm genetically vagrant (Bedouin roots, you know... camels, shifting sands and crap) and I took an impromptu backpacking trip to Shenandoah and I SAW BLACK BEARS!!!! A mom and two babies.

It was lots of fun, except I didn't get the true (wo)Man vs. Wild experience because they had posted warnings about eating the fish so I had to pack provisions which weighed me down and cut a couple miles off of my hike but it was fun despite the fact it rained every single day but one. Thank god DH traded cars with me when I left NC because I never would have gotten out of that treacherous mud with anything less than the jeep. Sheesh.

Brook -- You can do it! TOM sucks, but staying active and not pigging out during that time makes you feel so much better. Once you get into the habit it's easier to keep up, and eating balanced/exercising during that time results in less icky symptoms like exhaustion, and cramps.

Tara -- Whoo! Good job on the exercise! Maybe we can balance each other out. My mom didn't cook with anything but trace amounts of sea salt or anchovy paste, and I do NOT like the way iodized salt tastes. Anything packaged is salty to me and can't bring myself to even taste it unless i'm on TOM and thus craving it.

Zeph -- Wow. You have got to figure out a way to separate your work from the rest of your life or you're going to give yourself ulcers. I don't advocate quitting in this economy, but maybe you should start searching for a job elsewhere? A paycheck, now matter what the amount, is not worth your health and sanity.

Taylor -- WAY TO GO ON THREE MONTHS!!!!!!!!! I'm not an active smoker, but on occassion at the end of a long night of drinking i'll take a drag on somebody elses and gag and sputter and wonder why I ever enjoyed smoking. Just the smell makes me queasy now. This shall be you too someday. And with all the extra money you can do stuff you like!

Rosie -- Welcome to 3FC! You will quickly become addicted to this forum, lots of good information and a bunch of awesome people here.

Brie -- Don't make me use my drill sgt voice. Move it! I count calories too, but I tend to get overly obsessed with it and the number slowly decreases. My brain is still all jacked up from those many years of ballet and the oh-so-healthy body image they instill in girls. I'm still in the habit of making sure I end up in the negative, so i've had to ease up for my sanity and health. It's not even something I do consciously, and with all the time I have to exercise and nitpick what I eat... well.

Ashlan -- After running outdoors, you'll find running on the treadmill gets harder and harder... It's so tedious. And in this VA humidity and heat that's coming up, you can lose like two pounds running 3 miles. It's like a sauna. LoL.

sxulc -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! My friend was allergic to all the deoderants they had available while we were overseas, so she just quit using it. The guys on our team used to get so mad at her because she would sit there with her arms above her head to let them 'air out' in the TV room so she could hog it and we could watch what we wanted.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #97  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 300(+).not sure. 160

Height: 5'4"

good morning ladies!!
well im up bright and early today!! okay sooo i did a bad no no last night. at 3am i had a slice of cake, some leftover L&L's, and like omg id say like 2 & 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups of leftover's. really bad!!! now not only did i eat past my time of 9pm, im gunna have to kick my butt into high gear and burn those cals of!! i think TOM is approaching. i woke up feelin like i couldnt breathe. is it possible from eattin that much?!

NISH: Thank you!! It is very addicting. I pretty much troll this thread!!!

Last edited by CrazyHopeful; 04-01-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: typo. :p
CrazyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #98  
I will do this.

Yup, that's right. I am three months cigarette free today. And DAMN have those three months been a journey. I was a smoker for 8 years and 4 of those years I was at least a pack a day.

But three months is all I am allowing myself to mourn the loss of my friend the cigarette and continue my healthy life style and the goals I have set for myself.

Oh, and just a little

Hope everyone has a good wednesday! I am off to class!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #99  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Morning

Taylor - congrats on 3 months

Rosie - I dont know if I introduced myself. I'm alana. Hi Gym today. Be there.

Nish - next time you should go for the true Man vs Wild experience. Falling out an airplane onto some deserted piece of land. Eating a fresh snake or zebra parts. Trying to tame a wild horse (that was hilarious to watch). Purposely jumping into a pit of unknown mud with things are the bottom. Me, I would have run back home to the 'burbs at the sight of a bear. Glad you had fun.

Ashlan - where are you this morning?

Tara - I noticed that i eat too many carbs as well. I need to learn that every meal does not need bread.

brook - drink plenty of water today. You have a plan for the rest of the day and tonight. Stick with it and those 2lbs will magically disappear.

So I had my weigh in today. Woohoo. Finally. I weighed in at 188.2. I about fell over on the scale. And no this is not an April Fool's joke. Cant joke about weight here people.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #100  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

bjeweled - it takes some time, but when you finally get REALLY into it... it becomes all consuming which is good and bad

so i fail at like lately... BF and i went for a walk in the park yesterday and my freaking car got broke into... somehow they got in without breaking any windows (slim jim maybe?)... so we got back and everything was gone... purse, XM, camera, Ipod, $150 cash, everything else in my purse, CDs, etc... EVERYTHING... just GONE... like that

but i didn't eat away my sorrows are was actually under my cals for the day by 60
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #101  

Star -- LMFAO!!!!! No, about as hardcore as I get is taking the jeep offroad and rock crawling down the side of a mountain with it. Too many trees in VA to be sky diving into anything. The point is survival, not impalement on a branch. He annoys me so much with some of that crap. Like the episode where he's in the desert and decides to save himself 'about 12 hours or so' and climbs over a freakin' MOUNTAIN instead of finding a pass trail or going around. I was thinking to myself, "dude, who else but some special forces freak of nature is going to go through the arduous task of free-climbing a mountain to save half a day?" My fat arse certainly wouldn't have done it. As for bears, eh. They're little guys (for bears) and they won't bother you if you don't bother them or have cookies in your pack. It's the mountain lions that will cause you problems, but I never saw so much as a footprint from one of those.

Last edited by NishKitten; 04-01-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #102  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Nish - hahaha. No way would I ever put myself in a situation where I would need to use one of his skill sets. Its like "everything you would need to know if you were trapped on an episode of Lost" That is why I will take my BlackBerry everwhere. I will tackle a tiger with my bare hands and then climb a steep waterfall with indigenous people waiting to cut me on the other side. I will then call for help, but only after I prove to myself that I can survive in those harsh conditions.

sxul - oh no. im so sorry
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #103  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

nisha- i'm glad u had fun on yr adventure! my scary a** would have been right at home lol. ive been back POP for a week now. i moved back down to 189 but have stalled. its that darn FIRM dvd its toning me up like crazy but no weight loss here. its cool i need my lower parts to be smoking but i might puke if i end up being a 189 pound size 10...and i am on my way. my 12's are fitting nicely craziness.

alana - 188.2 awesome!

sxul- i know how that feels it happened to me earlier this year and i think everyone remembers my breakdown. just file a report and list everything there are worksheets online to help.

taylor - no cigs great!!! yay! i'm proud of you! no bday plans here as of yet. i will figure something out though.

luvja - good job girl! keep it up!

its wednesday which means brie is finishing some awful assignment that she procrastinated to do ttyl bye lol

Last edited by bjeweled; 04-01-2009 at 12:49 PM.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #104  

Beh. Don't be surprised if you do. I was a size 10 from 194-165. It's like freakin' 30lbs for me to move down because when I lose a pound it is one pound lost over my entire body. I have to drop a ton of weight for it to even really be noticeable. I've always been jealous of the girls who lose 10lbs and are down an entire size. *sigh*

Last edited by NishKitten; 04-01-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #105  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

ugh
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote