Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #16  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephra View Post
I like taking sexy and/or nude/scantily clad pics. It helps me feel better, because the flaws that seem so huge to me in the mirror aren't that huge on film, and if you know how to pose, the camera can be VERY flattering.
Yes yes yes, so true! Even at my highest weights, I always loved hamming it up with my camera (I'm the queen of the self-portrait, LOL) because if you have the right angles, lighting, etc it's very easy to disguise a little pudge... In fact, I think I took "sexy" pictures a lot more often before I lost weight, because I was actually less self-conscious about my body, hehe!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #17  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

lol. I haven't even got the courage to buy a swimsuit yet.

Although I too love taking pictures of myself, and I do take pictures of myself in my bra and panties and keep them on my computer. Whenever I want something that isn't good for me, I bring those up to look at.

i just tell myself, I DON"T want to look like that forever, and eating the said bad thing wont help!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/152/105

Height: 5'1"

I couldn't bring myself to take a picture at my highest weight.
I convinced myself to start taking them now at every 10 pounds lost so that I'll have something to compare to when I reach my goal and also for some motivation to not let myself gain weight again.
I am terrified that someone might find the scary pictures so they are hidden in a far corner of the hard drive where no one will be looking
Dalgishake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #19  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 272/ticker/142

Height: 5'8

I think it's a good idea. Maybe I should start doing it & take a new one with every 5 pounds that I lose.
Tryingtostayskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

i took bikini pics frome front, back and side at my highest weight, and tyoed my measurements beside...i have taken one set of comparisons, and have lost 5" from the initial measurements woo hoo!

i think it is a great way to measure success...and you don't have to show anyone unless you want to!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #21  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

It is definitely a good idea to take pictures!

I find it especially helpful because sometimes you lose 10 pounds or so and maybe your clothes are looser but you're still not in the next size down so it doesn't really SEEM like the ten pounds made a difference but then when you look at pictures you see the subtle places you've lost weight where you might not expected like I lost a lot of weight on my back and my general saddle bag area, which didn't translate in smaller sizes immediately but made me look better in my clothes and gave the impression of a smaller person in them.

But the first pictures and probably some of the subsequent sets of pictures will be horrifying and hard to look at haha. In fact the first set of pictures I took I didn't even look at them. I left them on my camera and didn't look at them until I compared them to my next set 10 pounds later.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote