Old 03-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

This is straying OT from the OT thread a bit, but has anyone been treated with those "doctor fish" I've read about? I don't think I ever will, but I was curious if anyone here was adventurous enough to try.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkm256 View Post
This is straying OT from the OT thread a bit, but has anyone been treated with those "doctor fish" I've read about? I don't think I ever will, but I was curious if anyone here was adventurous enough to try.
Those are the little fish that eat your dead skin right? I don't think I'd be able to! It'd probably be a little weird and ticklish I would suspect.

Think I'll stick with my salt scrub.

(btw, little tip about salt scrub: make super cheap scrub yourself by getting a container with a lid and fill it half way with a coarse salt and pour in some almond oil so that it just covers it. Use with a couple exfoliator gloves and it works just as good as any expensive scrub I've ever tried. I normally find almond oil at east indian grocery stores.)
Can you tell I love all this body care stuff?

Last edited by prepping; 03-16-2009 at 01:20 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #18  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

OMG Fish that eat your dead skin??! I think I will stick with a regular manicure to start!!!

Thanks for the tip preppingbride!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #19  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I get acrylics (fake nails) I loooooove them. I have crappy natrual nails, paper thin and just in general stupid looking. I keep my "natual" short and mine are done so well that people ask me all the time if they are real. I would ask yourself some general lifestyle questions.

i.e. Do I do vigorous labor frequently? ie janitor jobs of the like
Are my hands in water alot? mold issues if the nail becomes loose and water gets under there.

Depending on the answers will depend on whether or not fake nails are good for you. I know that some salons charge for repairs if one comes off before the next fill or cracks etc. Cause if you do alot of pushing pulling tugging etc they will be more likely to pop off or crack. If you have an office job and a dishwasher maybe not so much.

As far as salon choice, please research them as much as possible. Go to the health department and find their health scores or other places that rate them. Don't think that because they are the cheapest they are the best, I go to a place that charges a premium compared to the area but I know my money is going to good people, and they are impeccably clean.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 03-16-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #20  

Location: Brooklyn but a San Francisco girl forever at heart!

S/C/G: 222/204/150

Height: 5'9"

Oh go get yourself a mani/pedi ASAP! Why wait for more lbs, look at how far you've come already!!!! Congrats to you!!!

I have to get my nails done once a week or I feel naked lol. I've never had fake nails and I keep my natural nails very short...I just like them re-filed and fresh polish every week and it just never looks as good when I try to do it myself. Plus it's so relaxing! I was so sad to move from San Francisco to NYC and leave my corner nail place, they were the best! I told my husband "You find us a new apartment but there better be a nail place on our block"...he granted me that wish :-)
alybell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #21  

Height: 5'9"

Fake nails ruined my real nails! They are all like dented in now in the middle, I can't explain... But you can tell fake nails damaged them. I just went and got my first manicure (real nails) done on Sunday. Of course it doesn't last as long as fake nails, but my nails look nice, shiny, groomed and purple!

Last edited by luvja; 03-17-2009 at 02:35 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote