3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Just got back from the emergency room... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/165894-just-got-back-emergency-room.html)

aimee88 03-02-2009 09:58 PM

Just got back from the emergency room...

Apparently I pulled something in my back and have to be on complete bed rest for a week....and can't work out for two....

I am so scared to gain...last week at my meeting I gained .5, even though I was completely on plan and worked extra hard (hence the back strain)...I am just so nervous of losing control and gaining what iv]'ve lost.

Sorry ladies, just needed to vent...

Any advice on what I should do?

aimee:?:

Bee20nine 03-02-2009 10:00 PM

Get well. Your no good to yourself hurt. Do you remember how you did it? Did you do a new exercise?

aimee88 03-02-2009 10:03 PM

Thank you!!

I was doing a new leg machine but apparently it was broken and the weight wouldnt hold when I locked it, so I had to hold for a while until one of the techs came so it wouldn't crush me...

I assume thats what it was, other than that it was business as usual

jahjah1223 03-02-2009 10:05 PM

Get the rest you need and try to eat OP! its all about taking care of yourself.

macky 03-02-2009 10:05 PM

Honestly, if you don't eat crap for the two weeks that you're out of the gym, I wouldn't be surprised if you lost weight! Not that I want to get your hopes up, I mean you have to continue to eat just as healthy as you have been, but it's happened to me! It might be the shock to your body and the rest gives it time to reset or something.

But really, even if you do see a gain, don't push yourself until your MD gives you the okay and you feel up to it! Backs are not things to be messed with!

RememberHowToSmile 03-02-2009 10:07 PM

Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. I hope you feel better. Focus on your eating this week. Try and eat lots of veggies and fruits. Try and rest and follow the hospitals instructions.

butterfly120 03-03-2009 04:21 PM

Sorry to hear you got hurt! I hurt my knee and totally screwed up my diet, but here's the difference between you and me..you are already thinking about it and getting a gameplan together. I just started eating, hee hee. As long as you stay focused (which it sounds like you are) you'll be fine. If you need to lay around and munch just have healthy stuff. Good luck. I hope you feel better and stay on track :)

SavingServo 03-03-2009 04:59 PM

Just gotta stay focused on the eating. I know sometimes when I give myself a break my weight goes down. Sometimes your body just freaks out a little bit if you work it too much, and when you stop it calms down a bit and the weight comes off.

Maybe that will happen maybe it won't. Either way I'd maybe invest in a pair of hand weights and do some bicep curls and chest flies (depending on what part of your back you hurt). :)

garstar 03-03-2009 09:43 PM

Just stay OP. Get lots of things to keep you busy. Rent a season of a really good TV show you like, get some new books, gossip magazines, anything to keep you busy! Good luck, and get well soon.

aimee88 03-04-2009 01:24 PM

Thanks for all of your encouragement and wishes...It means alot to me
:D