Old 03-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Default Being sick has kept me on my diet/afriad to get better

So, around Nov of last year I awoke with TERRIBLE pains in my stomach. To find out that I had gallstones in my gallbladder and unknown reason of my liver enzymes being so high.
well after a day or two of rest i was back to eating bad foods and not working out. Long story short, this kept happening (5 times!) until the last time my pains wouldn't go away.
I would try and drink a pepsi, two drinks later my stomach was in pain. I now know I can't have ANYTHING fatty for fear of hurting my gallbladder.

So for almost two weeks I've been staying on track. i work out 6 days a week, drink loads of water and don't eat anything fatty and if I do, not too much (ex. I'll have two cookies from the cookie gar at night)

At times its sucks but when I think about it, Im not sure I want to get the surgery to have my gallbladder removed, because i DO lack the willpower.

I don't know what to do
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

I didn't have gallstones, but I had a severe case of endometriosis and ovarian cysts, and I hated the thought of surgery, but I feel a TON better. I just had my surgery last tues, and the pain is totally gone.

The worst part of all of it was the gas pains that occured, because when they go in laporoscopically, they put air in your abdominal cavity to give them room to work, and sometimes that takes a little time to get out of your body. If anything, it has made me feel better, and has pushed me to get myself healthier.

I also got a call from my doc today and she's testing me for a gluten allergy, because of stomach pain I've been having. You might want to check into that, because the pains I'm having sound similar to yours.

Hope all goes well, and although surgery is scary, sometimes it's the only thing to help make you better
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You're responsible for yourself, OP. This is the only body you will get. In your heart, you know the answer to this: You need to take care of yourself.

You're in pain. Something in your body isn't functioning right. You really need to get that taken care of. Don't put it off. You shouldn't use your illness & pain as a weight loss aid.

I am sure you do have the willpower & you don't need to feel sick or in pain to do the right thing. After you've taken care of this, and you come back here, we will all help you with the willpower thing.

But for God's sake, take care of yourself. See a doctor about this & check in with us to let us know you've made the appointment & talked about (or even scheduled) the surgery.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ack! Get the medical attention your doctors recommend!!!!! You can always find the willpower to lose weight if you have your health first!! Don't risk your health at the sake of losing weight!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #5  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hey, my sister and my cousin both had their gallbladders removed and are doing fine now. Their recovery didn't take long. Just thought I would offer you that info to maybe make you feel a bit better about getting it, if it's right for you. I don't think you should avoid the surgery just to help you stick to your diet.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all of that. This was one of those times where I know that I have to get it out, its just while I wait for my medical card back I was thinking of how for the first time in one of my diets I had willpower. =/
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #7  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Willpower is practice over time, that's all. The more you use your willpower muscle, the stronger it gets. You can do this without this medical problem as motivation.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Yep, my willpower to actually workout and eat healthy successfully was all because of me being sick and tired of being sick all the time.
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I also have gallbladder issues, fortunately its been controlled with diet, with the help of my doctor! But I also haven't had pain from it for 5+ years due to my diet. Living in pain isn't an option, I'd definitely get this looked at. And just because you have the surgery doesn't mean you have a free pass to eat fatty foods anymore. Take care of yourself!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Here is my thought on this, you might feel more like eating right and taking care of yourself if you feel good.

It might just give you the incentive to take better care of yourself once you remember how much better feeling good feels.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote