Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #31  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

tigar Thanks for the advice... I looked up and bleh, I got iPod mini, which won't work. Also as far as running outside, that's kind of out of question too, which sucsk. I'm a single mom and I work at night. When I come home, I go straight to bed, wake up and go pick up my DD who is 3 yrs old. Then while she's sleeping, I work out...and then take her to her grandma's place before I come to work. So there's no time for me to go outside to work out... which is why I have to use workout DVDs or just run at home..

KimL Yeah.. I am actually using Exercise On Demand so I use different workout every day.. I'm just making sure I do cardio every day or at least 5 days... I just started Taebo T3 last week so we will see how that helps. Hopefully everything will work out between you and your BF no matter which way it ends up going.

aangel Good luck with WW. When I was good with it, I lost 17 lbs in 2 months..over Thanksgiving and Christmas season!

jahjah I drink water in the middle of work out and then when I'm driving. I drink right before I eat and when I first wake up. Once I started doing that, my water intake has been around 90-100 oz per day. Good luck!!!

What is everyone doing for exercise? Do you have a daily routine or do you fit it in when you can?

I wake up around 11:30ish(so that I have 1/2 hour before I have to leave to go pick up my DD from the daycare)..and run for about 30 minutes...and try to eat breakfast if I can. Then after we come home, she goes to nap and I work out. I just started Taebo T3.. since I'm at the beginning section, the workouts are only about 20 minutes or so for now. I then do workouts from Exercise On Demand.
As far as what I do on EOD, Monday is for just whatever I feel like.. Tuesday is targetting towards strength, Wed and Thursday are more cardio, Friday is both strength and cardio.. like interval.. Sat and Sunday are more cardio.
Of course, this is all on top of running and Taebo I do...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #32  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

aangel22 & Gretchy~ Welcome!!!

PeatrixPotter~ Wow, you’re so close! I really hope you reach it during this challenge, that would be amazing!!!

jahjah1223
~ I’m thinking about investing in P90X, but I think I need to be in better shape before I put money into it.

taragettingthin
~ Sounds like you have a really busy schedule!

I realized this morning that I didn’t answer the question from yesterday. I work out every day after school, and as many mornings during the week as I can drag my butt out of bed. I did get my butt out of bed this morning and do 30DS and also plan on doing C25K this afternoon.

Do you weigh in daily or weekly? What is your reasoning for following that routine?

I weigh in daily as I have found that I am not accountable enough to stick with just the once a week weight watchers meeting. When I eat cruddy food and then actually see the change on the scale, it effects me more then waiting for the weekly weigh in. I still really need that weigh in and to be accountable to someone else, but I need my daily as well. Speaking of which, I have my weight watchers meeting tonight!

I told my BF last night that the fighting has to stop and I think he actually heard me. If not, well, I’ll know within a week.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #33  
Size 10

S/C/G: 171\157\132

Height: 5'1"

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my Grapes! ) I hope you have an absolutely grapey day! lol

I try to workout in the AM 3 times a week (sometimes I get it sometimes I don't) If I miss the AM workout I will go at night. The weekends is my worst time and even though I plan to work out each day it hardly ever happens. I think when it gets warmer and the snow melts we'll be doing more fun stuff outside on weekends which will help.

I weigh myself everyday I would say... but I don't let it bother me or get me too excited except on my weigh-in days. I just do it out of curiousity.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #34  
Size 10

Oh water.... yeah that's hard for me too. I just put up a number line I guess on my desk where I will put a mark for each 32 oz bottle of water I drink. I am trying to drink three a day. If I do two though I'm happy. I just sip away all day at my desk. At night I bought a big 2 quart jug thing that I make cherry crystal light and water and drink the whole thing. It's almost like a desert because it tastes sweet.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #36  

Kim- he has the less intense DVDS to start with im an idiot for not starting with those at first and shooting for the advanced DVDs grr! but ill get through it!

Im shooting for a 129 weigh in this week!
But still having lots of trouble with the water.. im just never thirsty and i dont even drink anything else
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #37  
Can't wait till 170

I usually don't check 3FC during the day when I'm at home because I end up sitting in front of the computer and "waste" couple hours and end up not having enough time to work out...But I popped in to answer today's question! heh

Do you weigh in daily or weekly? What is your reasoning for following that routine?
I weigh in weekly. I sometimes weigh in daily only if I saw some gain on the official weigh-in of Monday to make sure I'm going downward but that's all. I used to weigh in daily but it was driving me nuts and my mood was so affected by it...that I decided weekly would be better.

I'm off to run and watch TV.. I didn't get to run this morning because I woke up late... oops... I was late to pick up my DD.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hey there!

So I pulled a muscle in my left shoulder Monday but I still did cardio yesterday and went to my session with my personal trainer. I couldn't do as much as normal but almost the same. Only 25 regular push ups today, but I was still able to do lawn mowers at 45 pounds each. I'm still not losing weight so she asked me to up my calories. We shall see if I can get to losing again!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Weekly or daily weigh-in?

I do an official weigh in weekly, but sometimes check every few days to check my progress. Or if I know that my "official" weigh in was totally off due to constipation or water weight, then I'll put in my weight the next day. I have noticed that doing it daily keeps me on track more, but I don't want it to become an obsession.

HWGA Just curious...how many calories were you at and how many did you go up to? I've had a plateau before when I was eating 1150 calories per day and working out...didn't lose weight for a month! It's hard to get that fine line of just how many calories to eat.

Last edited by PeatrixPotter; 03-04-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #40  

HWGA : 25 regular push ups??!! WOW! i can do 4 haha or maybe 3!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #41  
Can't wait till 170

HWGA: 25 with pulled muscle?! What are you? Super Woman?! You are awesome! And I hear ya about the weight not moving... I'm right there with ya! I got my blood check last week, going back tomorrow for the result. I asked my doc to check thyroid too... We shall see...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome

Tigar, I do the same thing with my water - I fill a 32oz jug with crystal lights and drink at least 2 of those a day. It sure makes drinking large quantities of water a LOT easier!

I weigh in, officially, once a week. But I admit, I step on and check it once every day or two just to see. I don't count it towards anything since I'm aware of fluctuations and all that, but I just need to see. My Sunday weigh ins though are in the morning butt *** naked, after going to the bathroom so I'm sure to avoid as many fluctuation excuses as possible
Old 03-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Peatri- You'll probably laugh and think I'm crazy. But I'm actually upping my calories to 2500 on days I work out with my trainer. 2300 when I do cardio, and 2000 when I don't work out. I was doing 1800-2000 before. I haven't lost in 4 months and for my weight and height I burn 2000 cals laying in bed all day so maybe my body is starving. i don't know.

Jah/ Tara- thanks girls! I so appreciate that because I wasn't able to do everything I normally do and felt like a failure today. The good thing is that my shoulder is starting to feel better. I have to say that I miss both of you! I'm glad we're on the same team! You too vday!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #44  
Size 10

Here we go again - I actually think that is a great idea. I've read that your maintain weigh calories is approx. your weight times 10... so llike for me I weight 160 so my body should burn 1600 calories a day if I do nuttin' (FYI I have a body bugg that measures how much I burn even when just sitting at the computer and on days I just lounge around that is really about the amount I burn) SO... in order to lose weight through a combination of eating less and moving more I need to cut my calories by 500-1000 to lose either 1-2 lbs per week. You're really doing the right thing.

Oh also just to share I just read the other day that while its ok (healthy) to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week the formula actually is 1% of your body weight per week. So for me again at 160 lbs the MOST they say I should lose a week is 1.6 lb but anywhere between 1 and 1.6 works for me! I really didn't know this information.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #45  
Size 10

Has anybody else scoped out their competition in the other threads... I mostly wanna know which girls on the other teams are similar weight/height to me.
Closed Thread