Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 222/155/142

Height: 5'10"

Section 4: Challenge yourself activity – This week I challenge you to try a new exercise! Something you’ve never done before, but have always thought about trying! Give it a shot!
I've been dieting and losing weight off and on for... going on 6 years now?! There is not a lot I haven't tried. Though I have a huge phobia of treadmills (I fell off one when I was little goofing around, lost all the skin off the bottom of my left forearm) though I checked my group fitness schedule at the gym and I've never taken a cycling class so I should be doing that during my lunch hour today.

Section 6: Question of the week: What is your biggest struggle with weight loss? What are you doing/How did you overcome it? – Talk with your fellow team members in your Team’s Chat thread about this!

From 222 to 162 I've lost some weight, but if you think of just how many times I've done it- 222-155, 194-150, 174-145, 210-142, I've lost a LOT more than that, losing isn't hard for me but I seem to be unable to maintain. And personally, I self sabotage, if I having relationship problems I'll gain before I dump em.

But I'm becoming more of an arguer so maybe that will help
Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #47  

hello banana friends!

sorry i havent been around... at all! ive been a pretty big slacker with my eating lately and a HUGE one with my exercise but im checked in and pumped up for a healthy weekend. im 25 years old, very very single, and 2 months from DONE with law school

i want to get my body back from the damage (real damage its crazy!) thats been done over the past few years of school. and id reeeally like to feel and look a little better by the time i graduate in may. i joined weight watchers at the beginning of march, but havent made any progress this month. gotta get in gear...

as for this weeks newsletter questions:
section 4: umm
section 6: my biggest struggle is probably that i lose steam after a few weeks, or even days, of good work. i think to myself "i dont care," "i just want to be normal," "this is such a hassle," and "pass the wine." even just now i found a canister of mixed nuts i bought a week or two ago and ate like 14 cashews... just cause. *sigh* but im building some goals right now that i will share with you all when i get em hammered out.

happy friday to everyone and have a skinny weekend!!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

YAY for partypanalones! Way to be on track!

I've had a rough week- I posted about it in 20 somethings, but I'm getting back to it now- I don't have the ability to focus too much on food, but I will maintain the workout, because they make me feel SO good

Good luck to everyone this weekend!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #49  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

*Tumbleweeds*

....where is everyone??

Last edited by Maddie89; 03-18-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #50  

I'm here!

How are you doing this week maddie?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #51  
It'll all be worth it...

Yay someone is here

I'm doing ok this week. rough start to the week foodwise but I got a lot of walking in. Did 6 miles on monday Disappointing loss but with my big loss (that wasn't really deserved!!) last week I'm happy enough But I'm feeling good and am on track!

How are you angeline? I'm sorry to hear about your niece. How are things at the moment?

Last edited by Maddie89; 03-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Hello all,

I obviously have been slacking in my communication with everyone, as well as my weight loss goal (didnt lose anything this week).

My goal is to get back on track this week.

Hope everyone is well!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #53  

Maddie this week is much better now that everything else has simmer down a bit. I'm trying to keep my work outs going since they help me clear my mind and today I'm finally focusing on my eating as well.
motiv8me I totally get your goal of being back on track this week. I didn't lose ANY weight this last week and then this morning I had gained a pound- I guess the lesson I learn is HOW important diet is

Good luck to all this week. I'm dreaming of my goal present- A pretty Coach bag for my birthday if I reach my goal
Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #54  

UGH! I gained two pounds!!! I'm at 181- hopefully it's water weight and will be gone by the next weigh in
Old 03-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #55  
It'll all be worth it...

angeline- I gained 2.8lbs on the scales this morning since yesterday! It happens to me every week. as if my weight is different every day. and luckily it is lowest on tuesday I know thats not true But you don't gain 2 lbs over night so I'm sure it'll be gone for both of us for WI!!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #56  

Thanks Maddie! I am thinking it because I just finished my TOM and I always have water fluxes right before and right after..... we will see
Old 03-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #57  
It'll all be worth it...

UGH!!!!! the scales is saying I'm up to 234! this is bad bad bad. I haven't done much different this week. I was really hoping to break the 230's this week I'm going to do Power Sculpt every day until WI and I'm going to the gym on Mon for 2 hours.

This is bad!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #58  

I had to work my butt off to get back to 179- which shows me it is possible to lose this weight- I just need to stop yo-yoing these two pounds. It'll be a major accomplishment for me to just see 178!

maddie I'm sure you'll do awesome! You'll be at 229 so soon! You've already done so great!

Here are some sections from the newletters
Section 6: Question of the week: What are your favorite healthy snacks? Discuss this with your teammates in your teams chat thread!
I buy snack bags and put veggies like carrots and broccoli in them as soon as I get home from the store. I'm much more likely to take a premade bag of grapes to work than I am to prepare it that morning. The snack bags make it just as easy to choose a bag or carrots as it is to have a bag of chips

Section 7: Weight loss Myth & fact:
Myth: "I can lose weight while eating anything I want."

Fact: It is possible to eat any kind of food you want and lose weight, but you still need to limit the number of calories that you eat every day. When trying to lose weight, you can eat your favorite foods, as long as you pay attention to the total amount of food that you eat. You need to use more calories than you eat to lose weight.

I thought this was interesting because I have a set number of calories I can have and I let myself have treats, but I'm noticing I don't want them as much because they are such a WASTE of the calories I can have- like I can have a pasta dinner or I can have a bowl of real ice cream- makes me want the pasta much more because I know I'll be satisfied after I eat it.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #59  
It'll all be worth it...

WOO I reached 229!!!! well 229.2 but I'll take that
Old 03-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #60  

YAYAYAYYAYA- for you Congrats!
Closed Thread