Old 06-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Helpful thoughts?

So, I'm having "buyer's remorse" for what I ate for lunch today. I normally bring my lunch, but today my husband took me out. I let him choose the place and we ended up at Taco Bell. I went through the nutrition facts and tried to make the best choice I could, but I still feel really bad about it.
I had a fresco grilled steak taco for 180 calories and a bean/cheese cup for 170 calories. Since I am counting calories, but also trying to be good about my veggie and fruit intake I am a little disappointed in myself for not suggesting somewhere else where I could be happy with my choice afterward.
If you have any stories that you can share the same sentiment or any helpful thoughts on how to not feel so bad.. please add them!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hey, every now and then it's okay to splurge a LITTLE bit!!! Don't be so hard on yourself.

Also.... being in a relationship and all, you can't always do the chosing.... I think you did the right thing.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Stargzr - Congrats on choosing the healthiest options at TB It takes a lot of will power not to just give in and get the Crunch Wrap Supreme! Have a big salad with lots of fresh veggies for dinner tonight and, when it's your turn, pick a restaurant where you know you can get something that better meets your dietary goals.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

In my opinion, you did great. You planned ahead of time by checking the nutrition facts. You made good choices.

The way I see it is if you can never enjoy a meal again because you're on a diet, what's the point? It was a special lunch that your husband treated you to. DO NOT feel guilty about that. Sure, there are a million foods out there that could have been more healthy/ lower calories/ more fiber/ etc. but you can't scruitinize one meal. You have to look at your eating as a whole. Look at your whole week..... I bet it's full of good choices.

I refuse to feel guilty about food anymore. Sometimes I don't make the healthiest choices, but I just learn from it, make a mental note, and move on.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

My suggestion is to make sure your husband is on board with your weight loss. If he knows how much you would like to lose weight and how hard you are trying he may not suggest fast food anymore.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #6  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

But going with that, you did make a good choice planning out what to eat beforehand
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Wow! You all have helped me feel much better! I will definitely have a good salad with veggies and fruit tonight for dinner.
This is why I enjoy coming here! Everyone is so helpful!!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #8  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Well you did pretty darn good for ordering @ tacobell. Anything off their fresco menu is the best option they have!!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 AM   #9  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you made the best decision you could- thats great! Instead of saying "screw it, im here so i'll have what I want" you thought about what you were doing and made an informed choice. You can always make up for the lack of veggies and fruit at dinner- make a vegetarian dinner or have an extra portion of veg and a smaller portion of meat or something like that, and even make a fruit salad for dessert You did absolutely fine
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote