Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Jelb: they are going to fall off fast at first trust me! youll feel so much better in no time!

Im 131.2 today whew!!! thank god! i dont know why i always worry i should stop it with that lol
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #32  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Angeline:
Chances are it's just water. The most random things can be FULL of sodium; things you might not even think of. Tomatoes, for example...
But HEY, kicking *** at the gym either way? NEVER a bad idea!

Meredith:
Lol, I know, I get petrified that I'll get in trouble if I resurrect old weekly chats 'n such, hehe.
I'm glad you were reminded, because you really are amazing, chickie. And sticking it out as you have, you've got mad devotion. I look at your pics, and my jaw just drops. SO PROUD OF YOU.

Jahjah:
Heyhey!!! There we go, we knew it'd go down!!!

And y'know, I'm already feeling a bit better. There's about a 5-7 lb line that denotes exactly how I feel about myself and my body. Between the numbers 151 and 157 are a good inch and a half around my belly and hips, and when I lose that weight... it makes SUCH a difference in how I look, how I feel, how my clothing fits me...
At 151, I know I've still got a long way to go... but it's okay. Because I feel pretty good at that weight... and it all just gets better from there!

P.S., I had a neurotic fit of weighing myself this evening, and... at night, after dinner, whilst on my TOM, and after drinking a fair bit of water this evening... I'm 155.4. Methinks that tomorrow will bring good news!?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #33  
Queen Yo-yo

That is all.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #34  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Hi Everyone, Happy Friday! Congrats on all your weight losses...I can't keep track of all you yet, but I do read it all! I have to take notes or something.

Yay, I'm back down to 150! I've been at 152 all month, and finally after a dedicated week of eating good and an hour at the gym 3 times this week I got back to my ending Jan weight! WOOWHO! Da BF and I are hitting the gym after work today and I have a bootcamp tomorrow morning! I think I'm going to change my weigh ins to Saturday/Sunday mornings, since I take Sunday's off!

Does anyone know if it's too late for me to get on a team for the BL March Challenge, what a great idea!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #35  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls - I'm going to join in here! I recently quit WW (just wasn't worth the money for me), but I like the idea of sharing my successes (and non-successes) with someone!

Yesterday's weighin - 224.6 (last WW weighin); 227.7 home (my scale is always about 3 pounds heavy!), 224.5 at the gym (all weights within an hour - so I'll be using the gym as my "official" weight now that I'm out of WW).

Ok, so that's a lengthy explanation for the fact that I'm down 2.2 pounds this week! And down 15 pounds from my "fresh start" on Feb 1!!

I'm realistic about the ongoing rate of loss (i.e. not healthy to expect 15/month to continue!) but I'm excited to keep moving in the right direction!

First goal was 12 pounds in February, before my wedding dress fitting this weekend. And I've now beaten it!

New goal: 210 by April 1, before my second fitting; with hope to be 199 for our May 9 wedding!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I'm brand-y new but I would like to join in. I have read all your posts too and it will take me a while to get used to you all but congratulations to everyone who's been making so much progress!

Today my scale said 191. That's down a pound since I've been hovering between 192-194 for quite a while. I track my weight daily on The Google 15 app on my homepage, so my moving average for the day 192.4, compared to 192.8 a week ago. I was hoping for 190 by the end of Feb, but I am still pleased with this.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I weighed in on Wed. and I lost 1 lb. Not a lot but moving in the right direction. I've been fluctuating with the same 2-3 lbs for the last 3 weeks and it is annoying.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #38  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

mojo- ur sooo close to onederland

Brook- welcome!! congrats on your loss so far
Old 02-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Jelbb- WOOHOO! Yay for you! and you were right about the water and sodium.....

Brooke- welcome- you're gonna love it here!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #40  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

jahjah1223 - Yay, I'm glad to hear that the extra poundage fell off quickly! Why DO we always worry so much about it? I am sooo guilty of that, too... But I guess things really do work themselves out in the end! Anyways, yes, congrats on the loss!

Jelbb - WOOHOO!!! You are such a weight loss rock star this week!! Well done, lady! Ps. I totally fall into the habit of weighing myself throughout the day, too... I have a bunch of conversions, like "subtract 3-4 lbs if I just had dinner" or "subtract 2 lbs if I just drank a big bottle of water." It's always pleasant when you weigh less at the end of the day then you did at the beginning--then you KNOW there will be good news tomorrow! And thank you so much for all the supportive words! You are so awesome! Plus ya know what, I noticed something--I broke through my plateau pretty much at the exact same time that you started posting around these parts again. Coincidence? Feel free to take credit, hehe!

DanSinDeva - Yay, congrats on getting back to your January weight! It sounds like you're really on a roll with all the healthy habits; keep it up!! And it's so awesome that you have your BF to work out with, so you guys can motivate each other and everything... I'll have to try that, but I'm gonna have to get a BF first. Lol!

Rock Chalk Chick - Hello! And to the thread! This is a really good place to get accountability... Whenever I have a gain I know I have to post it here, so it definitely motivates me to stay OP, cuz I hate having to "confess" my sins, hehe. Congrats on being 2.2 lbs down, lady! That's awesome! It's great to hear that you have a realistic view of the rate of losses you can have, but it sounds like you are off to a GREAT start with 15 lbs in such a short amount of time, and having so many goals in mind--Keep up the good work! And

brooksrm - Hi there, and to you, too! No matter how long you're here, it might take a while for you to "get used to" a weirdo like me, but I'm sure you'll try your best, LOL! Congrats on being 191 lbs; that is great news!! Depending on the rate of your losses, you might even still make it to 190 by the end of February (you have a couple days yet!), but seriously, don't be disappointed if you don't... You are doing very well. And it looks like you can definitely look forward to getting to the 180s in March! Yay!

Whew! I didn't mean to write such looong messages to everyone, but I guess I'm just in a very chatty mood today! Hehe. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I had yet another amazing/utterly mind-boggling weigh-in today. I swear on my life that when I stepped on the scale this morning, it said 172.8 lbs!! This = me: I don't understand it, but this is like the third day in a row that I've been having freakish losses, so I'm starting to believe that it's NOT just a fluke... But I'm, like, getting paranoid that y'all will think I'm lying, because heck, even I wouldn't believe me! Lol. This puts me at -4.2 lbs since last Friday, and -5.8 lbs since this Monday. What?! I'm pretty sure I haven't lost that much weight in a week since I was in the 200s... I'm completely mystified, but it feels awesome! AND, the icing on the cake is that if this number is right, that means that I've officially hit the "90 lbs lost" mark! I'm gonna wait a couple days before I celebrate that, haha, but I'm sooo changing my ticker.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Good luck sticking to your plans!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #41  
Queen Yo-yo

Oh, I'm so stupid. I composed all my replies, then hit the back button. So stupid.

Sadly, I'm too lazy to re-write all the personals, so here's the short version...
DSDeva, Rock & Brook: Well done on the losses! Keep at 'er ladies, I'm so proud!

Mojo:
Hey, a loss in the right direction is a LOSS in the right direction!! Don't stress. It'll keep going. Maybe try throwing your metabolism off balance by upping your calories, or even decreasing it significantly for just one day. When I was sitting pretty at 153.0 for like.. two weeks straight, I ate a thing of fries from McDonald's on top of a perfectly normal on-plan day, and dropped to 152.somethin' the next day.
Wouldn't suggest upping the calories if they haven't been perfect already tho, heehee.

Angeline:
Yay! I'm so glad it was just water weight!
And so jealous you can go to the gym! (Read my personal post below. Ugh.)

Meredith:
172.8 One. Seventy-two. Point. Eight.
Honey, you're lower than my starting weight now. You're only like 19.4 lbs heavier than me. Holy crap, you're gonna catch up to me, I've gotta hurry up!!!!
You're soooo amazing, WELL DONE! Man oh man. Your before/after pics are inspiration-central! Keep going!!!!

Me:

Build-Up:
I'm having money problems. Namely, my course load is SO heavy this semester that I don't have time for a job on top of 6 courses. Sadly, this means I'm scraping the bottle of the barrel and depending upon mommy for food money. Not to mention my credit card with a $2,600 limit (that I didn't ask for) was maxed. By a happy discovery I found that in a bank account I rarely use, I had $70 I didn't know about. Woo. My regular checking account had $4.

The Big Show:
I go to my gym to discover that I hadn't paid off enough of my credit card to allow for my membership fee to be charged to my card. So it... bounced? Was declined. So I had to pay by debit. Fine. My fees are like 30-something a month. Little do I realize that I get a "penalty" for my card being declined. SOMEHOW, my total came to $88. I had to use my rarely used bank account, and pulled it from $70 into overdraft. $4 in one account... -$18 in the other.

In the Change Room:
At this point, I'm like, "God, this sucks," as I've just paid $88 to go to the gym. I get into the changeroom, kick off my winter boots and open my gym bag. No running shoes. I freeze.
My running shoes never go anywhere except my gym bag.. my feet... then back in the gym bag as I leave. No running shoes... means I left them here at the gym last time I was there.
I went back to the desk and asked if they had a lost and found. They did. There was shampoo and someone's old used-up loofah in it. No shoes.

My running shoes were taken.

I can't go to the gym right now. I can't afford to buy new shoes. AWESOME. I went home and cried, lol.

As for my weight, I've noticed that we're all like, "Hey good job!" but sometimes we don't actually know that "171.6!!!" means that person lost 3 lbs, so... I'm gonna start putting the weight that I was BEFORE (since my last post), and the weight I'm at NOW in my updates for everyone's benefit!

At the beginning of this week, I was 156.8, last post I was 154.8, and today I'm rockin the 153.8! Might be a fluke, but I feel good about it either way! (What is WITH my body and the .8s??)

Last edited by Jelbb; 02-27-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Jelbb: I'm SO sorry that happened to you!!!! When it rains it pours, as they say Now, since you are such a great motivator and support system- I will try to do the same You have done so great SO SO SO great and now there are yucky things that happened that are making your weight loss a challenge. You can either see it as a defeat or you can say- "pssh, I'm going to find another way and make it happened- like dancing, or yoga"
I wish you all the best of luck! I know a weaker person might give up, but not you!

Star2Be: I'M SO excited for you Way to kick into weight loss gear Very inspiring!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #43  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

meredith you Are Not Allowed To Pass Me.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #44  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

mojolove05 - Congrats on the loss! Yeah, it definitely seems like the closer ya get to a big milestone (like Onederland!), the more slowly your body is willing to let go of the extra poundage. SO frustrating! But you are sooo very close to Onederland; there's no stopping you now!! Keep up the good work, lady!

angelinelosesweight - Thank you so much! And hey, looks like you lost that water weight that you had a couple days ago--yay! Haha. Next you'll be dropping even lower, lower, and lower! Hehe, good luck this week!

Jelbb - Oooh, honey, I am so, SO sorry to hear that you had such a sh*tty day... That sounds absolutely awful! I hope you had a really good, gut-wrenching cry, just get all that emotion out (that always helps me). But at the same time, I know you are a very strong woman, and you WILL be able to pick up all the pieces and start moving forward again. I think it's incredibly admirable how many responsibilities you're tackling right now--from the sounds of it, you're absolutely SWAMPED with schoolwork (and I know firsthand, that is not easy) and everything else... The fact that you're able to lose weight at the same time is simply amazing, and only serves a testament to all of the hard work and dedication you have put into it! You are amazing! Just know that you have many friends here who are all rooting for you, and we'll be here any time you need to vent, or just need a (figurative) shoulder to cry on... Much love to ya, sweetie.

leighish - Oh, YEAH? Sez who? LOL!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #45  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

182 this morning..but I ate like crap yesterday and laid around so I'm sure it will go back down after today and tomorrow
Closed Thread