Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #136  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

SwimGirl - LOL, lately I've been weighing myself every day, so I think your fingers might start to get a little cramped if you kept them crossed for me all the time! But I certainly appreciate the offer... And OUCHIE, all that pain and the not-sleeping sounds very unpleasant! Hope you are feeling better very soon, girly!

Jelbb - Oh, you silly silly girl! I was going to tell you all about the joys of muscles retaining water as they rebuild themselves, but it looks like irishkatt already beat me to it, hehe! But yes, from what you've said it sounds to me like you have all the classic symptoms of a post-weight-training spike--I wouldn't worry about it one bit if I were you... Chug lots of water and such, and you'll be back down within a couple days.

irishkatt - Thank you!! And I dunno about that--as much as I would LOVE to be where you are, the poundage does seem to be creeping off incredibly slowly as I'm getting closer to goal, hehe. And WOW, you sound like an exercisin' machine, woman!! Look at all that running you've been doing... I am incredibly impressed! Well done!

aneleh - Well then it sounds like it's time for you to get some new jeans, young lady! IMO shopping for jeans is always a fun time, but especially when you get to buy ones that are smaller than the last ones, hehe.

Vegaspunkermom - Hey, if losing weight has taught me anything about my body, it's that you can never totally rule out a gain/loss, even if it seems totally crazy... Anything is possible!! Even where I am (in the 170s/juuust barely, maybe in the 160s), I had hit a plateau and been around 177 lbs for a month or so, then last week I gave myself a whoopin' and buckled down a bit more and *BAM* I lost like 7 lbs in that one week! Obviously it was probably 90% water weight, but it just goes to show that ya never know what crazy tricks your body will pull on you... I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the numbers on the scale with my own eyes! Hehe.

cfb8986 - Awright, congrats on the loss, missy! And LOL about the mistyping; I know how that is! When I first got into Onederland, it took me FOREVER to retrain myself not to go to type a "2" every time I was typing out my weight. I still forget every once in a while--I'll be running on autopilot and accidentally type "270" or whatever. I usually catch myself, but I'm sure one of these days I'll end up posting a 100-lb gain, heh.

As for ME today, I was at 169.8 lbs--still in the 160s, but just by the skin of my teeth!! I was mildly surprised to see the gain, because I was on my best behavior yesterday... But shortly after I had weighed in and eaten breakfast/drank my usual big bottle of water, I had a BM, so perhaps that's why I was a little up today, heh. Why can't I ever have a BM before I weigh in? (Okay, that's enough TMI-worthy stuff from me for now, hehe.) Anyways, I must confess that I slipped up and overate today, which SUCKS because I'm gonna be really frickin' pissed with myself if I'm back in the 170s tomorrow (which I probably will be), but I'm not toooo too broken up about it. Gotta keep on keepin' on!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #137  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Meredith - With over 90lbs gone girly, I TOTALLY trust your experience! I peeked at your progress pics, and holy heck lady! You kick BUTT!! Even though you ate a bit over today, weigh-in after a BM tomorrow!

I jumped on the scale a few more times, and it said 177.8, so, Im sticking to it, and changed my stats. I suppose this is my "thanks" for my previous plateau where I was stuck in 185-183lbs for THREE weeks!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #138  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #139  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Mmmmm.
I drank a beer tonight.
It was awesome. And it got me outta the house, even if only for an hour and a bit since my friend was busy afterwards.

Bad calories.
And I'm either still retaining water, or just magically gained weight despite eating about the same number of calories. Blah.

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-07-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #140  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Meredith. Just keep confinence, the amazing drop you ahve just had would have had to slow down at some point. Just look at it as the prep work for the next big one. Your body is probably adjusting to the dramatic weight loss over the last couple of weeks and getting ready for the next one. I been sat at 77kg (170lb) for months but as of today I am down to 164, and that in the last week and a half. I am not expecting that to keep going, but so long as it keeps creeping I am happy.

Jelbb, drink tonnes of water and I mean tonnes if you are doing anything that seriously shocks your muscles. Pints and pints of it will help.

Vegas, well done. Moving off a platue is the hardest thing sometimes, even harder then starting or restarting as there is no instant gratification of the first few water lbs to give you a nice drop. you just have to keep faith and keep going and it works evenutally.

As for me, I have two awesome things happen this morning. I am both down to my lowest weight since I strted changing my lifestyle over 12 months ago and I have managed to loose wieght over the weekend(which has never happened in the history of the last 12 months). Down to 164 from 164.8 yesterday. Its not a lot but I will take it and long may it continue. Its a good incentive to get my butt off the couch and go running though.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

three pounds down from last week
Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
Whoa!! thats awesome ! lol
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Jelb:its the 30DS you gain weight at first because of the muscle.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

141.5!! Down 0.5lbs FINALLY. But I'm a bit sick and ate less than I should yesterday.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #145  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Vegaspunkermom - Wow, thank you! I'm glad that the opinion of lil' ol' me is actually significant to someone, LOL. And yaaay, getting to change your ticker is always SO much fun--I'm hoping to be able do that myself pretty soon, hehe. And of course it is especially gratifying if you've been on a plateau!! I freakin' hate those things, blech!! Congrats.

leighish - WTG!! I see you haven't wasted any time throwing yourself into our "battle," LOL!

Jelbb - Mmmm, beer... (Cue Homer Simpson voice, LOL.) Yeah, beer may be "bad calories," but if losing weight means that you're not allowed to have a little fun every once in a while, I'm not sure that it's the lifestyle for me! Hehe. And yes, I think you are definitely still retaining water from the 30DS... Stay strong, girly!

irishkatt - Aww shucks, thanks for the kind words. And YAY about reaching your lowest weight AND losing weight over the weekend--that is awesome!! Really, I think 0.8 lbs is a pretty darn significant number when you're sitting at 164 lbs... The weight comes off sooo much more slowly for me as I get closer to goal, and sometimes it takes me a week to lose that much! So if you lost it in a couple days, I don't think that's too shabby at all.

Loraloo - Congrats on the loss!! And you are getting dangerously close to those 180s, missy... Perhaps with a little luck this week, you'll be there by your next weigh-in! Woohoo!

As for ME, okay, I'm not sure whether this is a trustworthy number at ALL, because I woke up much later than usual today, so I was probably much emptier/more dehydrated/etc than usual when I weighed myself this morning (...er, this afternoon? hehe!), BUUUUT, the scale said 169.0 lbs on the dot! But seriously, after weighing in at 169.8 lbs yesterday AND having my little overeating debacle, I'm not really sure how it's possible for me to have lost 0.8 lbs! Sooo I don't want to change my ticker just yet because I fear that I'd just have to change it back tomorrow, LOL... Especially since sometimes it takes a couple days for these things to have their full impact. But for now I am really glad that I didn't have to leave the 160s this weekend! Looking forward to a great week on-plan.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Okay, so I don't think I've posted here yet, because I was kind of trying to not use my scale... Needless to say that didn't happen... My last weigh -in was on Monday, and I was at 215.4, and I'm down to 210.2!! Darn that last little bit!! Weigh-in is technically tommorrow, but I couldn't wait!! I'm super happy that my first week has gone so well so far! I'm hoping to get into ONEderland by the end of the month!!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Alright, I am done with weighing daily! I thought it might keep me accountable, but then I went to a party last night... and this morning my stomach was feeling pretty flat. Definitely NOT! Up 2.4 pounds! I know there is no way, but that fluctuation is tooo much for me! I am totally depressed with my weight saying that high - maybe it was the alcohol? I dunno!

meredith - yes my fingers would likely get cramped I am sleeping better these days, I discovered aloe juice, which works wonders on my sore stomach! It's supposed to help with weight loss.. I am not seeing that yet How long has it taken you to drop your weight? We started at nearly the same weight.

Jelbb - I have decided alcohol = bad for my weight loss, even if it tastes good from time to time! Did you gain/lose from your beer?

-Aimee
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

WOO last Monday I was 192.6 and today I'm an even 189! I've been weighing every day to chart on the Google 15 app and I've been 189 for two days in a row so I guess it's here to stay!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

183 on the dot. A loss of 3 since last monday.

I've been perfectly on plan for eating, drinking lots of water, and exercised 5 days last week. I'm actually pretty happy with the number because although it's not the magical 6 lb loss that a part of me was hoping for, i've done it the right way and it's definately not just water weight.

Sounds almost like I'm trying to convince myself to be okay with this number doesn't it. I guess I am.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

162 today.... a loss of 2 pounds since last Tuesday

My ticker is off, I couldn't bring myself to change since I gained 5 pounds, but I'm going to change it right now, It won't be long until I see the 150's again .
Closed Thread