Old 02-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default binge- need something to snap me out of it.

hey kiddos.

I used to post here kind of regularly and then didn't have internet for about 6 mo and stopped.

Anywho.

I am feeling icky. I'm on week 2 of a binge. Consuming easilyy 3-4000 calories a day and feeling SICK of myself.

I really want to stop and I know i will they always stop but I am just frusterated. I am going to try to start healthy tomorrow on a 1,500 day, go for a run, have some eggs for bfast and generally try to be healthy, satisfied and just not eat from boredom (major problem).

I'll check this thread tomorrow am when I get up. I fyou have any support to give I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks ladies.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #2  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

Height: 5'3"

Binges are tough to stop. Can you get out of the house and go somewhere tomorrow? Change the pattern of your day so that you stop eating so wildly?
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #3  

Very hard.OA has helped me so much.I have done so good simce reading OA books i ordered on Amazon.For me i needed to actually begin the 12 step program.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I do sympathize, and at the same time applaud your for at least having got as far as wanting to stop. Some binges can last months or years!

Do you log your calories? And do you log them somewhere electronic - I find something that gives me graphs and charts helpful.

If you've been eating 4,000 calories a day, perfectly easy to do, I think 1,500 is too low to do suddenly, it's tantamount to cold turkey and sets you up to fail. How about aiming for 2,500 today, and work at sliding down a couple of hundred calories a day until you get to 1,500? Maybe a gradual programme like that would help.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
I do sympathize, and at the same time applaud your for at least having got as far as wanting to stop. Some binges can last months or years!

Do you log your calories? And do you log them somewhere electronic - I find something that gives me graphs and charts helpful.

If you've been eating 4,000 calories a day, perfectly easy to do, I think 1,500 is too low to do suddenly, it's tantamount to cold turkey and sets you up to fail. How about aiming for 2,500 today, and work at sliding down a couple of hundred calories a day until you get to 1,500? Maybe a gradual programme like that would help.
I use fitday but I am often not honest about what i eat (ie i only record the "good eating" and stop after I start binging).

I think I will do what you say and maybe aim for about 2,000 today.

I just woke up had 10 almonds and some water and am going for a short run walk. Then I will come back and have some coffee and eggs. I will try to do a spinach and turkey salad for lunch. Yogurt for snack and then dinner is ?? because I will be out with friends (which is good I won't over eat in public). The dangerous part will be when I get back here after dinner. BUT i think I can do it today. I've been sick of myself for the past few days and I think I finally h it that point where i am so disgusted I just wont do it. I hope. I also know that sometimes I wake feeling like this and make bad choices later. I am just going to try to keep my eyes on the goal and remember that it makes me feel bad when I do that and never good.

Thanks everyone.

Ill check in later tonight or tomorrow.

I know once I get on the 1500 a day program I am not usually hungry or crave-y. Its only if i splurge and eat a lot of fat/sugar that I get crave-y then i get binge-y etc. I am going to try to stay pretty protein/veggie oriented today.

thanks.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

If there's something that is your trigger food (you mentioned fat/sugar) keep it out of the house by all means! I'd like to think I have some self-control but if I get going on sugary things then it all goes out the window and a binge starts. Solution: don't have any to start with.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneleh View Post
If there's something that is your trigger food (you mentioned fat/sugar) keep it out of the house by all means! I'd like to think I have some self-control but if I get going on sugary things then it all goes out the window and a binge starts. Solution: don't have any to start with.
YES you are so right.

what started this all was the cupcake/icecrea/candy bar at work for vday.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

For me the number on motivator is this site! If I feel like binging I just read through post after post until the feeling subsides. I have been in WW since July, but only lost 5 pounds in 6 months because I wasn't able to stay OP. I would do really well during the week, then blow it on the weekend or vice versa. Well, I found this site in January and have already lost 6.6 pounds in 6 weeks! I am now so close to goal and know that I can make it relatively soon if I keep up with this site!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote