Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Arg, I have no energy

I'm so tired of being tired. I eat very well, fruits and veggies, I sleep plenty (usually 8-9 hours lately), I'm not extremely active but I do work out for at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a week. And no, I'm not really depressed.

I don't know what to do, I'm so tired of having no energy! I thought it would get better as I lost weight, but just barely.

What do you do/take/eat to have more energy?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I go through periods like that, too. Sometimes getting more water in helps. Sometimes I just ride the coffee train until it passes. I noticed that when it got really bad, taking a break from my desk to go walk outside for 15-20 minutes made all the difference.

I don't have a job at the moment (actually, I do now, but it doesn't start for over a week ) so I just take a nap I'll miss being able to do that. I don't think offices condone taking naps under your desk.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #3  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i like the crystal light packets. they have one for energy, i think it's strawberry. it helps me when i can't get going some mornings. i have to be at school by 8 and with a baby to get ready also, some mornings it's just a life saver. i know theres a controversy about aspartame, but it seems everything we do/consume these days could give us cancer or some disease, so why not do what u want? anyways, thats a little OT but whatever. hope i helped u out.

btw: i didnt know this at first, but the serving size is 1/2 packet. if u put the whole packet in ur water bottle, it's a little tart.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Kelly - are you feeling tired throughout the day or at specific times like in the evening for example?
I get kinda sluggish at around 4 pm I guess that's when I run out of energy because I wake up at 5 am to workout. I however can't nap cause I go to classes after work until around 9:30 pm.
I notice however that if I have lots of carbs for lunch it gets worse in the evening so I try to stick to salads and protiens. I also drink lots of green tea which helps.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/111/103

Height: 5'1

What do you do all day (like job, student etc)? I find if I'm sitting around all day or sleep in late, or sleep too long, I'm tired ALL day. But if I wake up early, get 7-8 hours of sleep and have somewhere to be in the morning I have a lot more energy all day.
sm177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I wish I knew.

I've been so exhausted lately. I recently got a new full-time job and at most times I work either 9:45 - 7PM or 11 - 8:15PM. Sometimes I stay as late as 8:45. I try to get to the gym 4-5 times a week for 60 minutes per day. And I get 8 hours of sleep most of the time.

I have a semi-normal bed time, usually 12AM and I get up around 8AM. Before I'd go to bed at 6AM and wake up around 2 or 3PM. It has helped, but man! I value my sleep time.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have been feeling the same lately, lack of energy! So I was in Costco the other day and found a book called 150 Ways to Get Energy. I haven't read too much lately, but what I have discovered is the idea of eating for sustainable energy. So my snacks have changed, I have protein and a fruit. If I come up with any other good tips, I'll be sure to pass them along!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Do you take a multivitamin supplement?

The last time I lost weight successfully (sigh, I promise that This time will be the real Last Time!) it wasn't until I bought a food/exercise logging software pkg (Dietpower) that I realized how low on mins and vits I was. It really is quite difficult to get enough nutrients on a weight loss diet. After a couple of weeks on the multivits, my energy really improved.

(if it keeps on though, might be best to check with a doctor)
ps, well done on how much you've lost!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #9  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

About a year ago, I was exhausted all the time, dizzy and a little anemic, too. Bloodwork showed that I was deficient in vitamin B12. A couple shots in the butt and a daily supplement made a WORLD of difference.

So maybe if none of your healthy lifestyle changes make a difference, get yourself checked out?
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

What helps me is an ipod i put the headphones on as loud and can be and it boosts up my energy even if i wasnt planning on getting up that day.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #11  

I'm not sure how you could get more energy. I'm just sympathizing with you lol.. I work night shifts, and get on average 5-6 hours of sleep because sleeping during the day isn't as easy as it sounds.... Sure is okay if you're just taking a nap, but for doing EVERY DAY it's really hard... I live in a noisy neighborhood so that doesn't help either...

I find myself only semi-conscious half the time lol...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

When I was on depo-provera for birth control, I could have slept 14 hours a night and still was exhausted all day long. Are you on hormonal birth control? Or any medications that could cause you to feel lethargic?

I take a B-vitamin complex every day, which are generally marketed for increasing energy, and I do feel a difference when I don't take it. Most people will tell you, though, that it won't make a difference unless you have a deficiency... maybe I do and just was never diagnosed.

Make sure you're drinking enough water - being slightly dehydrated can make you really tired, too.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I agree with people on the vitamin thing. I was really tired last year until i started taking my women's multi and a vitamin B supplement. Could just be placebo, but if it works then who cars right?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #14  

Hi - newbie here but spotted your post and thought I would reply.

It sounds like it is definitely worth getting your thyroid checked out (a matter of a simple blood test at the doctors) as you could have an underactive thyroid - you definitely have the symptoms! Worth looking into anyway :-)

Mon
Too Cuddly is offline   Reply With Quote