3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   OT: Birthday Surprise from DH (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/164479-ot-birthday-surprise-dh.html)

Chance0421 02-13-2009 10:53 PM

OT: Birthday Surprise from DH

I posted this on Wednesday on what to expect.com, but I thought you guys would love to hear about it!

Today is my birthday & my husband took me out to dinner to celebrate. He upgraded my diamond in my wedding set - woo!!! But the best gift of all was this...

We have not officially started trying to conceive. I have been asking for a straight yes or no, and he never would give me one. So tonight at dinner, he hands me a gift bag, pulls out the card & says "look at the present first." So, I pull it out & it is a pair of adorable little baby shoes! Then he hands me the card & it says "Just think of all the wonderful things waiting for your new baby - lots of smiles, hugs & kisses....and a wonderful mother like you." And he wrote "Ready?"

I cried & cried if my stomach weren't so full from the amazing dinner, we would be baby dancing right now!!! Letting it digest & then we'll get working on that baby!!

Isn't that so precious?? He wanted to make it special & have this be momentous for us. I just love him so much.

Anyway, wanted to share with you all. I'm believing I will see our BFP the last week of February!!!!

WormwoodDoll 02-13-2009 10:59 PM

That is...by far...the greatest gift (and such a cute way to do it!)

You are so lucky!! I cannot wait to be a mommy. We aren't planning on TTC until November (on our Honeymoon) :(.

But congratulations! I hope to hear good news from you soon!

PammyFl 02-13-2009 11:19 PM

Awww that almost makes me want to cry thinking about it. How sweet! Good luck mommy to be! :)

jahjah1223 02-13-2009 11:22 PM

Awww that's awesome!

tandifrass 02-14-2009 01:25 AM

oh that's awesome! Congrats, it's like the best thing ever having a baby!I'm so excited for you!

bargoo 02-14-2009 11:05 AM

What a wonderful , romantic husband you have.

corazonas 02-14-2009 11:06 AM

that is seriously the cutest thing i've ever heard. you have a keeper!! haha

choirgirlhotel 02-14-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance0421 (Post 2611865)
We have not officially started trying to conceive. I have been asking for a straight yes or no, and he never would give me one. So tonight at dinner, he hands me a gift bag, pulls out the card & says "look at the present first." So, I pull it out & it is a pair of adorable little baby shoes! Then he hands me the card & it says "Just think of all the wonderful things waiting for your new baby - lots of smiles, hugs & kisses....and a wonderful mother like you." And he wrote "Ready?"

That is really, really cool. I love it!

~Choirgirl~

Mandee80 02-14-2009 03:54 PM

Wow, how exciting.. and romantic :)

Annita 02-14-2009 04:57 PM

omg that's so wonderful ~ good luck to both of you ^^

WakeMeForSummer 02-14-2009 05:02 PM

Aww ! I love it! I think we will be ready to try in a year or so! That's part of the reason I'm here, I want to look like a cute preg lady-- not just fatter! :-)

Chele615 02-14-2009 09:47 PM

That is seriously so cute!!! Good luck ;)

Mickeypnd 02-14-2009 10:41 PM

AW! What a wonderful husband you have. He's sweet and caring.
And good luck with TTC!! I hope all goes well with you.
=]

JulieJ08 02-15-2009 11:12 AM

That is the cutest "announcement" EVER :D And "baby dancing," ROFL.

Star2Be 02-15-2009 10:41 PM

I'm a little late to this thread, heh, but I just have to say--awwww that is SO sweet and romantic!! Sounds like you've got a good man on your hands. :) Good luck with the baby! :goodvibes: