Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default cross posted health question

i posted this in the health and veg sections, but i wanted the 20something ladies opinions about this:

anyone notice changes in their period. i stopped taking birth control in july followed by one dose of Plan B that same month. since then i have not had a normal period. i experienced spotting mid cycle. shorter cycles and now longer cycles these last two months. i even took a pregnancy test last month, which resulted negative. and the next day, i got my period.

and now it's the 32nd day of this cycle. (read: 32 days since the start of my last period).

im just really confused and not sure whats going on. seeing a health care professional is not the best option i have right now, otherwise i would have done that first.

ive consulted my friend the internet numerous times, and came up with possibilities about stopping birth control, the plan b, and also changing my diet and exercise. all of those things pretty much happened all at once.

also, my diet includes mostly vegs, fruits, eggs, dairy, nuts, cereals like oats.
i've read that vegetarians and vegans dont really get their periods... is this true??
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #2  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

this is kind of happening to me, but mine's always been pretty irregular. and by irregular, i mean happening every couple of months. with gnarly cramps. like, i needed prescription painkillers for them.

now i'm back at just about every month, but at no given interval really. just whenever it feels like it remembered it's been about a month since it tortured me last. but this month, i didn't have any cramps and it COMPLETELY snuck up on me. i have no idea. my period will probably always be a mystery to me.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

A healthy vegetarian/vegan diet does not mean no periods. However, not getting enough nutrients in (especially iron) can cause your periods to disappear.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Ever since i started dieting its been Late which has never happened before but after about 4 months its back to normal.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #5  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Vegs/vegans do get their periods... anorexics don't. Athletes who work out strenuously often don't. aneleh's probably right about the iron thing.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote