3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   weighing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/162930-weighing.html)

Willow324 01-28-2009 04:56 PM

weighing

I'm just curious about people weighing themselves. Do you weigh yourself daily to may sure you stay on track, or do you weigh weekly so you don't get discouraged by daily fluctuations.
I feel like I need to weigh daily to keep myself motivated and on track, but at the same time I don't want to be obsessing. who knows!

junebug41 01-28-2009 05:14 PM

My approach to weightloss and maintenance differs a bit in regards to weighing.

When I was losing the majority of my weight, I found it more motivating to weigh every week or 2. This happened by chance as I didn't even have a scale so I had use my friend's scale as my weigh-in scale. I was full of motivation and didn't stray and I knew what I was doing was working.

During maintenance and now that I'm trying to lose the weight I've put on the last few months, weighing everyday is a MUST for me. It keeps me accountable, in check, and in tune with my body and it's natural fluctuations. I spent most of my life having no idea what was going on with my body and I find that weighing everyday keeps me more aware :)

onestar 01-28-2009 05:15 PM

i feel the same way too. i tried to weigh only weekly, but that didn't work out. so, i weigh every day or every other day. i used to obsess about it also, but i think i just got over it cause it doesnt really bother me anymore. i know i'm doing what i'm supposed to be doing. i'm doing my best and thats all i can do and the weight will come off eventually as long as i keep trying. :goodscale

junebug41 01-28-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onestar (Post 2581675)
i feel the same way too. i tried to weigh only weekly, but that didn't work out. so, i weigh every day or every other day. i used to obsess about it also, but i think i just got over it cause it doesnt really bother me anymore. i know i'm doing what i'm supposed to be doing. i'm doing my best and thats all i can do and the weight will come off eventually as long as i keep trying. :goodscale

Yeah, even though I weigh everyday, it's more of a routine than an obsession. I get up, pee, get on the scale, make my mental note and get on with my day.

PiXiEgAL 01-28-2009 05:25 PM

when i started, i weighed myself everyday and became really obsessed...and i guess that was the reason i lost 20 lbs because i eat more cautiously and exercise more

though i dont do it anymore...i only weigh myself weekly

angelanicole23 01-28-2009 06:15 PM

Junebug..i'm the exact same way...in the beginning I vowed to not buy a scale until I was 200 or less.(I'd weigh myself every few weeks at a friend's house).I had to prove to myself I was serious..and my bf went out and got a scale as soon as I was just at 200..I used to weigh every Friday morning only, however now, I weigh almost every day but I don't fret if i'm up a lb or two....it's just habit mostly. I still write down every Friday's weight..as my weigh in (page in my blog!)

aneleh 01-28-2009 06:29 PM

I weigh in every morning, except if I've overindulged, then I wait 3 or 4 days to weigh in. I'd rather not see the morning after weight gain lol.

aware210 01-28-2009 06:47 PM

i am a scale addict.. i weight myself like 3 times a day at least and its horrible! I think im going to start weighing myself once a week then putting my scale up and away until the next week. You know out of sight out of mind.

ravensglen 01-28-2009 07:52 PM

I weigh myself maybe once every two or three weeks, because seeing the fluctuations can be very discouraging... And then I want to punish myself if the scale goes up, etc. It was very difficult to stop weighing myself every day, but I just put the scale in a closet so I don't look at it ever morning and try to forget about it!!

nicki rose98 01-28-2009 07:54 PM

i started off weighing myself once a week because i found it depressing when i wouldn't see the scale go down everyday. lol. but i think i'm gonna start weighing myself every other day