Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

Default a list of reasons i've fallen off, and why i want back on

for the last little while, i've had problems getting back on the wagon. i'm not sure exactly why/how i fell off, and i haven't fallen off completely...but i'm definitely not doing as well as i should be.

in the beginning of january my bf and i broke up. and to be honest, there was much rejoicing. the only bad thing was when he was around my apartment more, i'd stay home more, eat at home more...you know, just eat better. i was making SOME progress when he was around but now i'm hardly home ever, so i hardly eat at home. i have 2 jobs and i'm trying to finish up school so when i'm not at work/school, i'm always at one of my friends' apartments because i'm used to living with people and it's weird being alone all the time. so i eat whatever they eat...and they're all naturally thin and can eat taco bell all day every day.

also, i haven't REALLY exercised since my last semester ended, since you can't use the school gym during the breaks (even though i found out you CAN, you just have to be registered for the next semester). i just haven't been back yet. i'm so lazy.

but i've got so much to look forward to. march could shape up to be the awesomest month i've had in a long time--i'm going to see ryan adams with my best friend on the 6th, i'm going to the beach 8th-11th, an old best friend from baltimore wants to come visit, and the boy i've got a HUGE STINKIN' crush on is coming back from tour. he's a lot of the motivation...maybe i'll post more about him later.

but yeah, i need a plan. in between class at work today i'm going to do the 30DS and go grocery shopping. i'm soo tired of the foods i usually eat, though, so i gotta try to mix it up. any ideas? easy, quick foods? i can pre-prepare, i'm alright at that.

is anyone else in this boat? been half-assing it for months? i just feel like i'm a big wimp with no self control. sorry i just wrote a novel, but i guess i just wanna know i'm not alone. and some food ideas, i want those too.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I think now is the perfect time to focus on taking care of yourself!

You don't have the distraction of someone always being there, tempting you to ditch your workout or eat out or whatever- now, it's all about you!

I don't know what to suggest food-wise, so maybe you can post what you usually eat that youre sick of or foods that you still like and we can suggest recipes?
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

From probably Oct to Dec I was totally half a**ing it. I'd eat good for a couple days and then not and repeat. I got back totally on the wagon at the beginning of Jan and it feels sooooo good. Its so easy to forget just how good it feels I think the best way to get yourself going on the excercise is to just go! The hardest part is getting out the door. Once you get there you'll be so glad you did!!

Give us some ideas of what you like to eat and maybe we can help ya with recipes too.
Yelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. I went on vacation for 17 days to Jamaica, ate what I wanted(I wasn't staying in a resort, so fried or jerk chicken was pretty much my only choice), came home 2 weeks ago, and ever since I have been bad ..... I just can't seem to get back into it. I was doing good for the last couple days, then last night I blew that. I'm just gonna dust myself off and try again.... that's what ya gotta do!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #5  
aml
...okay, so...

okay, mostly i'm sick of stir fry. i think it's like 85% of this forum's go-to food (mine too), but i just can't do it anymore. it's driving me crazy. that's mostly it.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

aml, where have you been?!?!?!?!? i too have taken a nose dive off the wagon. i dont even know what happened, to be honest.

i also go through the cycle of doing well for a few days, freaking out and bingeing for a few, then feeling total guilt and doing well again, til the cycle repeats.

it's depressing. where did my motivation go??

where did you go, i haven't seen you on MSN in ages. come back to me!!
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #7  
aml
...okay, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellart View Post
aml, where have you been?!?!?!?!? i too have taken a nose dive off the wagon. i dont even know what happened, to be honest.

i also go through the cycle of doing well for a few days, freaking out and bingeing for a few, then feeling total guilt and doing well again, til the cycle repeats.

it's depressing. where did my motivation go??

where did you go, i haven't seen you on MSN in ages. come back to me!!
i know, i know. i suck at this. i went through this really terrible phase with bf, then just broke up, then got in a huge fight. school started, i started REALLY being into some other dude...i've just got a lot to deal with. i'll get on soon.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml View Post

in the beginning of january my bf and i broke up. and to be honest, there was much rejoicing.
Really? How long did you go out with him for?

As for meal ideas, my latest fave meal is:
baked chicken breast
quinoa (1 cup)
swiss chard (you could use spinach or kale too instead).

What do you think of that? It's very simple.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'5"

I am having the same problem. Probably since September I've been making a lot of half-hearted attempts to shape up my eating habits. I'll do better for a couple days, maybe eating a couple hundred calories under maintenance, and then I erase that small deficit and add on some extra calories for good measure by overeating - mainly sweets. And so, since September instead of losing weight, I've managed to gain another 6-7 pounds or so.

I know I need to get serious about eating better or just accept a heavier weight. I think I want to get serious about eating better, but I feel like I have a terrible track record!

Anyway, I commiserate and hopefully will join you back on the wagon!
MadelineinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

This thread was made for me. I have been on the same cycle many of you have said.. eating well and exercising a few days, lose a few lbs, binge a few days, gain everything I lost, repeat. I have been on this pathetic cycle for a few years now. My motivation was so much better; also when I am doing well now the scale just isn't moving. I don't know how to lose weight anymore!!!! I am trying to do better; I am working on avoiding triggers etc.
I know we can do this!!!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote