Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Cleaning out my closet

With currently about 1-3 inches of snow falling per hour outside, I'm holed up inside my house. I managed to escape this morning and get my workout in (yay for that one!) but since then it's continually gotten worse...

I decided that this was indeed a good time to clean out my closet of all the old clothes that no longer fit- but for the GOOD reason of being too big, as opposed to "too tight on me." WHAT A GLORIOUS AFTERNOON IT HAS BEEN!

Everything that I've gotten rid of I tried on first. I know I've lost a good amount of weight- I see it in the scales, I feel it, etc. But to visualize it in the clothes that I used to wear on a daily basis- I'm just amazed. Amazed that I have been able to do it, and amazed at how big I was (is amazed the right word? perhaps ashamed? embarrassed?)

Either way, this is a new me. And I couldn't be happier!

One of the big items (literally) was a David's Bridal bridesmaid gown from May '08. It was a size 20 (that scared the bejeeeeesus out of me when I had ordered it. It was pretty much what started this journey).

I'm in a wedding this February, with a dress that also happens to be from David's. It's a 12. (and I'm still not done)
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Woohoo!! im about to move so i have to clean out my closet as well ill probably end up with only 1/4 of my wardrobe left! haha

*sings the cleaning out my closet song*
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

It's such a nice feeling being able to go through the closet and see all these things that just don't fit anymore! It's not as fun for my bank account because those clothes have to be replaced, but that's ok LOL I never turn an excuse to go shopping!

I went shopping with a friend last night and I still can't believe that now when I pick up an XL shirt, I have to think to myself, "I wonder if this will fit?" and be asking it because it might be too big instead of way too tight!!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #4  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I love it!

I still like replacing the clothes because at least for me "normal" sized clothes are no where near expensive as my plus size ones. I have spent like $125 at old navy in the last 2 weeks and basically gotten almost 2 weeks worth of shirts to wear and a few other things

Last edited by Bee20nine; 01-10-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Thats great!!! I can't wait til I can dump all my "fat" clothes. Luckily I was optimistic and held onto my old skinny clothes. And I don't even care if they are outdated, I'm still gonna wear most of them!!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like a great day! I did that this summer and sold them all. Sadly, now I have nothing to wear because i've gone up and I refuse to buy new bigger ones again.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

I had held onto a lot of clothes from my skinner days, so when I went down sizes, I was SOO glad I had them. However, those are now too big and they had to go, so yes, my bank account has been seeing an increase in clothing transactions (eek!). I think it's worth it- I'm buying stuff now because I like it, not because it fits and it'll have to "do."

This is also the first winter I haven't had to live in hoodies! I kept those though..You NEVER get rid of a hoodie..never...
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

<3 the hoodies lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

whoooo hooo doesn't this feel great?? I organized my underwear drawer today!! whoo hoo..thru out a LOT of XL granny panties as i like to refer to them (because of the size) and 38D bras...down to a 34D at LaSenza(although i've been told a cup size at lasenza is a small make..it's the only place i've bought bras since losing weight).

I loved throwing out/donating/giving away all of my 'fat' clothes! It is almost like you're cleansing your soul or something..not sure how to put it.

Last edited by angelanicole23; 01-10-2009 at 06:20 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

This might sound really, really stupid.... but I'm actually terrified to clean out my closet with clothes that are too big. I don't have a lot of money, and so when I buy clothes, I really, really love the pieces. One shirt is already getting a little too big, and I LOVE it. It's a French Connection United Kingdom shirt, that's this dark cerulean blue with an empire waist and almost sleeveless and black sequins on the top part. And I just bought this awesome pair of Gap jeans that look dreamy on me, size 14..... but they're too big in the waist already, even after washing and drying them, so I'm wearing a belt with them for the time being.

So I think what I'm going to do is go to my tailor and have her alter all of my most favoritest pieces when I'm done losing the 65 lbs that I need to lose. I know I DEFINITELY have to buy new jeans for sure. I can't have those altered, but luckily I don't have any most favoritest pairs of jeans.

But I am jealous of you. I know to just take it one pound at a time, to stop bingeing, start exercising more.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #11  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

That is so awesome.. it's a great motivator and helps you move to the next chapter. Congrats on staying on track!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Congrats to you!! you deffinitly deserve to go buy some sexy new clothes. Flaunt it baby
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I'm gradually overhauling my closet too I'm close enough to goal that I'm tending to buy things snugger than I would otherwise, hoping I won't lose out of them.

I now have 2 new trouser and a pair of jeans in size 6, and trouser and city shorts in size 8 (which are tighter than the size 6s, but that's brands for you) - no wonder the size 12s and 14s I had were falling off . A few few new tops too, but mainly it was the ill-fitting pants I just could NOT stand anymore. It's been an interesting experience wearing pants now that are a touch too small, instead of a lot too big - It makes me more conscious all day of what I eat, and that's actually kinda nice.

I think tomorrow will be spent cleaning out all the stuff that's too big, or that I've had forever and just aren't stylish enough anymore. I am so looking forward to a closet that isn't bulging and stuffed and doesn't have any so-so stuff in it!

I am a little bummed, however, that I'm needing shoes 1/2 to 1 size smaller. I like the new size, but what a bummer to have to replace the shoes. I kinda wonder if shoe sizes have gotten bigger the way clothing sizes have? I don't remember my shoe size going up when I gained weight.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 01-10-2009 at 11:44 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #14  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

I was soooo glad when I got all my ugly too big clothes out of my closet. I'm pretty sure that I have one or two pieces of 2X clothes left. Everything else is a XL or a L! I can't wait to get my loan check from school and buy some new clothes.

Oh, and I defintely agree on the shoes thing. I had a pair of really sexy black pointed stilettos and they're kinda big now.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

When I moved a year and a half ago (after about 100 pound loss) I got rid of 10 trash bags full of clothing. No joke. The only things I kept that was too big on me were some t-shirts to use as sleeping shirts (and of course one fat outfit for after pictures. I've been lucky my sister got pregnant and gave me a bunch of her clothing but I've definently invested a lot of money in clothing.

Good job. Keep up the great work!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote