Old 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

What are you really hungry For?
Confidence. Acceptance. Professional Success.

Why am i overweight?
A lifetime of doubting myself. Hidden insecurity. Boredom. Love of wings and beer.

Why have you been unable to maintain weight-loss in the past?
Lack of exercise (laziness).

What in my life is not working?
Everything's working pretty darn good.... but I still stress about work and achieving all the success that I know I have the potential for.

Why do i want to lose weight?
Vanity - I want to look friggin hot. As in model perfect body perfect face kind of hot. To feel good about pictures taken of me - especially important because of my wedding in June. To kick any self-loathing thoughts right out of my head so that I'm free to be who I really am.

*** but i really do love them wings and beer.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #17  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

What are you REALLY hungry for?
Affection. Attention. To be loved and longed for and admired and adored. To be the subject of envy. Perfection and godliness.

Why am I over weight?
Because I've never had a healthy relationship with food. I suffered from bulimia for five years and while I've gotten over the purging back, I haven't got over the bingeing. I like food and I get bored easily.

I give up too easily. The last time I lost 30lbs I gained the weight back due to drinking while at university, and the breakup of my relationship. I find it all too hard, too difficult. I'm so terrified of relapsing that I get scared off by success and stop my diet.

What in my life is NOT working?
I'm crippled by self-consciousness. I find it hard to accept love, even from those for whom it should be obvious, such as family. I believe, in the deepest corners on my heart, that if I just lose weight, just get thin, that everything will be better.

Why do I want to lose weight?
Because I turn 21 this year and I've wasted my younger years by being fat and not having the life I could've had. If I continue the way I was going, I'm just going to get worse and heavier and lonelier. I want to wear amazing clothes and kiss beautiful men and be considered 'hot'. I don't want my children (should I ever have children) to deal with all the worries of weight and body image and 'being fat' that I have.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #18  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

What are you REALLY hungry for

I'm hungry for acceptance, success, self-confidence. I'm hungry for happiness I guess, for order and organization. I'm hungry for comfort.

Why am I over weight
I am overweight because I haven't held myself accountable for the food I am putting into my body, and because I haven't really committed to an exercise regimen that works. I think I'm overweight because I haven't made my health a priority- I am always putting my baby, husband, our business, etc first. There is always something more important to do, and I am so busy that it's easier to go fast food or prepackaged than take the time to prepare a healthy meal for myself and my family. I'm overweight because I make excuses.

Why have you been unable to maintain weight-loss in the past
This is a tough one for me to answer- In the past I was fairly fit, I have struggled with being chubby, but never grossly overweight, until now. Now I am nearly obese, and it has happened since I had my daughter. I blame the c-section, I blame how busy I've been with her, the pregnancy, etc, but I don't know why I've been unable to maintain weight loss in the past since previous to really gaining this weight it was not a huge issue, as it is now.

What in my life is NOT working
A lot IS working, but I feel very disorganized, scattered, not prioritized. I don't feel focused.

Why do I want to lose weight
I want to lose weight because since gaining this weight my joints ache, I have a harder time breathing and doing things that previous to my pregnancy I could do with ease, I want to be a good example to my daughter and future children, I want to feel sexy and confident and strong. I want to know that I can control this, and that I have power over myself and the food I desire and exercise I don't want to do. I feel like losing this weight would be such a victory to me, a real reason to celebrate the strength that I know is within me. I feel like it'd help me become the person I know I can be, and I feel like the extra weight I'm carrying now is holding me back from that. I want to lose to be healthy, emotionally and physically (and sexually- I'm just going to say it- when I was skinny things were a lot better in that department!)

These were really hard for me to answer, but I feel like it did help me to come closer to the crux of my weight issue.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #19  
Loving me ♥

More self confidence.

Why am I over weight
I used food to fill an emotional void and I was sedentary

This is my first time trying to lose weight. I have been at it for 3 years and have lost 67 lbs thus far so I know I can do this. It's just time to stop half @** working at it.

Not a darn thing is working for me right now.
I feel defeated and I refuse to let this defeatist attitude squelch my hard work

I want to look as beautiful on the outside as I feel on the inside and life a long healthy life.

Last edited by Lovely7809; 01-06-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Lovely7809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #20  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I am hungry for a long, healthy life. Healthy pregnancies. And finally, being free of this fat cycle.

Why am I over weight?

I am overweight because I had unhealthy eating habits. I feared exercise and thought that I didn't need to be active.

Because I have never given WL enough time. I would workout twice and expect to be 10 lbs lighter. I had unrealistic goals and would never meet them leading to a vicious cycle of starting and stopping.

Living with extended family is NOT working for me. 5 adults sharing a space is not a good situation. Don't get me wrong, I am duly thankful. However, I need to workout on MY time, eat MY healthy food, and do what I need to do to reach my goal.

I want to lose this weight for once and forever. I want to be healthy & beautiful for my husband. I want to be fit for my future children and to teach them healthy habits. I want to be a role model for my mother who NEEDS to lose her weight also. I just generally want to be happy and not let weight or food rule my life EVER AGAIN!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

A successful career. Art. Dance. Music. Happiness through myself and those around me. The confidence to walk into an audition and not think "Let me show them that I'm not just the chubby girl with the big voice"

Why am I over weight
Binging. I think that's pretty much it. When I'm not binging I eat very healthily. I let myself make excuses, and let myself see food as a pleasure instead of as a fuel (that I can also enjoy!).
It's easier to use weight as a reason why I didn't do this, get x part, etc., than to actually see the real reason.

I get excited when I see results and then let myself slip a little, thinking "this little bit won't hurt....". Ummmmmm.....YES IT WILL!!!!

Very little. I'm pretty happy. I wish money came by easier, but don't we all? What's not working is me keeping the motivation and the energy to put into the weight loss.

In order to have a successful career, I need to be thinner. It will help me move better on stage, make me more confident in dance classes, and will make me more available for different roles. It's an investment in my future and my passion.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #22  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

i thought i'd chime in
to be truly happy. To be more confident

Why am I over weight
I like food! lol. I can't just step away from the dinner table. If food is offered, I just take it even if I am not hungry.

I've never tried because I had convinced myself that I was fine, and happy. I had "hidden insecurities" (to steal a line from an earlier poster)

Right now, everything finally is working. I am graduating in June, I have a job lined up after, and I have been back on my counting calories and exercise regime

To be hot and healthy !
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #23  
I will do this.

All of these are so wonderful! I printed my answers out and posted them on my fridge!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Acceptance...by myself and others. Self confidence

Why am I over weight?
I never really learned the power of portion control.

Honestly, I have never really tried to maintain weight loss in the past. I always looked at thinner friends and strangers and wished I could look like that, but I never really did anything to take that step before.

I honestly think that things are working now. I finally decided that I wanted to lose weight and actually do something about achieving that goal.

I want to be healthy and not have to deal with a lot of the weight related diseases that run in my family, such as heart disease and diabetes. Also, I finally wanted to take control of my weight and start the next 30 years of my life healthy and happy.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'4

Self Confidence, Energy

Why am I over weight?
lack of control or motivation

Got distracted, lost site of what I was doing to my body, binging

besides my diet and weight, I get kinda stressed about my new responsibilities. But I know if I just get motivated and work hard I can do it!

So that my body is not keeping me from the happiness I should have. One less thing to worry about. I want to look like what I used to look like!
KLeeB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm hungry for accomplishment. This year will be my year of accomplishments!

Why am I over weight
I LOVE food. I just need to love it in smaller doses.

Everytime I've had a little bit of success, instead of sticking to it, I stop working at it and eventually gain back what I lost.

Everything is working great right now. I need to make more time for school and studying. As well as work out a proper workout schedule to train for my half marathon.

I won't lie, I'm awesome, but being awesome as a person doesn't give you much of a boost when you're looking in the mirror and have two sets of boobs. That needs to go, along with my tummy. Plus, I -WILL- look hot this summer even if it kills me !!! lol (not actually - all my weightloss will be the healthy kind)
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Being comfortable in my own body.
To be judged for things other than my outward appearance.
Control of my own weight and health.
Friends who actually seem to care about me.
A love life.

Why am I over weight
I eat too much when I'm depressed, and poor health and being depressed make me more depressed, I eat more, etc.

Being on prednisone caused increased apetite, decreased metabolism and mood alterations. I was always at a healthy weight before it, and I know I shouldn't blame it entirely, but it's made things harder. And then I used it for an excuse to just eat more and more and gain more and more, which made me hate myself more also, and now I not only have to deal with weight issues, but an unhealthy attitude and worldview that needs immediate changing.

Everything is not working! My schoolwork has been bad lately, my weight, my health in general, my mood, my relationships with other people are nonexistent. I probably blame my being single for so long on my weight,but I know it's probably more my insecurity and body image issues. Also stress because I have more bills than I have money these days.

To feel better about myself and to be healthy! Just a few years ago I was at a healthy weight and I definitely notice people treating me differently, I am tired of always feeling like and being treated like the stereotypical "fat girl."
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #28  
Dorm Dieter

A companion.

Why am I over weight?

I was too afraid to be healthy. I didn't like playing sports, or going outside. I always played alone, inside. That way of life helped me just pack on the pounds.
I eat my feelings, especially when I'm lonely.

I would always stop working when it seemed that I'd hit a plateau, instead of trying to find another way to lose weight.

My lack of confidence in myself leads me to have alot of other problems that manifest in every sort of way.

To feel better, so I won't feel so out of place when I'm with people.
huggamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Although I've almost reached my goal I still think I have some answers to these questions...and they apply to all of us no matter where we are throughout our journey.

Self-confidence..to be thought of as "beautiful" and "pretty".

Why am I over weight?
I was in a relationship with a man who was approximately 350lbs..food was a huge part of our relationship especially eating out. He always made me feel like I wasn't good enough and my self esteem totally crashed and burned. I basically let myself go and hated myself for doing so.

It's so much easier to just give up...sit down and eat when I feel stressed...It took me so long to realize that food ISN'T the answer to my problems.

Most things in my life are working except for the fact my self confidence is STILL not where I'd like it to be. For example, I am still unable to go to the gym and workout on the equipment..I'm just afraid of looking like a fool in front of everyone..although there are workers there to help..HOWEVER I have done a few classes offered there on my own so it is getting a little better...and sometimes I am unable to stand up to people or have a backbone.

To become the person I was before I let myself go (in college), to feel better about the person I am inside AND out. To be able to shop for good sales at the mall and not be embaressed by having to shop in the "plus" section. To not dread shopping altogether..before shopping was like a chore..now it's something I love...to have energy to run around outside with the kids (at the preschool I work in..) My list is endless!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

What are you really hungry for?
I am really hungry for attention and confidence. I am hungry to fit in without losing my identity.

Why am I overweight?
Part of it is genetics and slow metabolism, but also I fall off the wagon alot and it takes me a long time to get back on.

Why have you been unable to maintain your weightloss?
I usually don't maintain my weight because I was losing it for the wrong reasons in the first place...for vanity mostly. I also have not kept it up because all the largest amounts of weight I have lost in the past were done by starvation diets and it is impossible to live that way. My diets were never realistic and nothing I could sustain for a lifetime.

What in my life is not working?
My self esteem is not working and sometimes my realtionship is not working. I am stressed alot about things that are trivial.

I want to lese weight to be healthy and when I am slim and in good shape that makes me happy. I don't want weight to ever be a reason for not doing or being able to do something in life. I wnat to have one less thing to obsess over

Last edited by CakeBatter; 01-09-2009 at 11:37 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote