Old 01-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Default annoying boyfriends-mom

First of all let me just say I feel really bad I haven't been here in a while but what can I say? The holidays got the best of me. But now I'm back and I'm super motivated, and strangely I didn't gain any weight over the holidays, but I didn't lose any either so thats a little sad. Anywayy..

I have been hanging out at my boyfriend's house lately (he just graduated college and lives with his parents until he can get a job.. im still in college) and his parents are really nice to me. His mom cooks when I'm over really tasty and healthy food, which is lucky since I eat there quite a bit.

Now I know this is going to sound rude of me, but it REALLY annoys me especially since I have always been self conscious about my weight! On at least four different occasions his mom has "mentioned (brag)" that she weighed 98 pounds when she got pregnant with my boyfriend. Also, when I mentioned to her that I donated blood, she said that when she was in high school she never weighed enough to donate blood. She also told me that she is trying to get down to 115 and she only has 7 pounds to go. Also, we went to the beach one time and I told her how much I weighed and she was like "Well, you have a cute shape." UGH. Another thing! His sister is super skinny and whenever family is in town they talk about how everyone hits on his mom and his sister and they call them "little blondes". I know that I am just jealous of them because they are little and cute but still its annoying and i needed to vent
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Honey you are 5'5 and 132 you already are skinny are you kidding me? don't let things like that kid you .. all men like at least a little bit of meat on girls bones .. 98 pounds does not sound healthy at all and you should have told her that lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Um you are def not fat!!!! They are crazy! You can tell them where to stick it!

I don't have the same problem as you but I can imagine how infuriating that must be. That is incredibly insensitive and rude.. it sounds like this mom needs a kick in the a**.
Be proud of how far you have come!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

coolgirl, my MIL tells me these things too--even after 16 years of marriage she is still telling me...when I got married I weighed 112 and I still weight that right now! ....well, that's great and all BUT...she looks like a BULLDOG skinny or not..LOL

anyway, she would make those comments to me even when I was a size 16/18...I always have the same response to her..."wow, that is so amazing, you certainly have been blessed with a nice figure your entire life...obviously your choices have been good ones.." blah, blah, blah...

truly, I am happy for her...but her insensitive comments only make HER look bad..she is the one being TACKY and rude, at the end of the day that is way worse than being bigger
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

coolgirl, I have to say..there are LOTS of men that find brunettes pretty dog goned HAWT.....

this is trashy but it must be said..must brunettes are natural and most men like seeing that the rug matches the drapes...LOL
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
this is trashy but it must be said..must brunettes are natural and most men like seeing that the rug matches the drapes...LOL
LOL!!! You made me literally laugh out loud!!! Thanks for making me smile! Sorry to hear your mother in law is annoying too. I think my boyfriends mom may be my mother in law some day, so hopefully it will just be better motivation to lose weight quicker so she can put a sock in it!
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You definetely are not fat, in fact you are right in the middle of a healthy weight range for your height. Even your goal of 115 is too low. My advice do NOT discuss weight with them. They seem to be obsessed with weight.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

A. You are thin. And you're pretty, too!

B. This should have no bearing on the fact that his mom sounds completely insecure!! Please, just brush her off as a woman who may be a little freaked out because her son is about to "fly the coup" and she needs to feel better about herself. I'm sorry she's projecting that garbage on to you!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Sounds like someone is a bit self conscious..... someone who has a strong self esteem is humble about their body, humble and proud - but they don't brag.... ick! I'd just ignore her, how annoying and rude.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirl1014 View Post
LOL!!! You made me literally laugh out loud!!! Thanks for making me smile! Sorry to hear your mother in law is annoying too. I think my boyfriends mom may be my mother in law some day, so hopefully it will just be better motivation to lose weight quicker so she can put a sock in it!
The truth is, you will never win with some like that by competing. Not that you won't look better, but it will not make her stop and she will always have something to say about something. It's about filling some need she has, not about whether you are skinny or not.

The only way to handle someone like that is to refuse to engage. If she were ever to be your MIL, it only becomes more CRUCIAL to disengage instead of compete.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 01-05-2009 at 01:03 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
If she were ever to be you MIL, it only becomes more CRUCIAL to disengage instead of compete.
That's good advice.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Oh, the little blondes...

My MIL and SIL are the proverbial "little blondes" and while visiting them in Vegas for New Years MIL let slip how surprised she was when she met me because I wasn't her sons type.

I must have shot her a look like a cobra because she shut up really fast, but then I thought about all of the nice stuff she does for me (always pleasant, attempts in her own WASP way to be culturally aware by making the family go eat at a traditional Moroccan restuarant, doing my laundry for me, stocking a whole section of the fridge with 151, Grey Goose, and gingerale) and knew that she didn't mean it like that. I decided to shrug it off the same way I do when she talks about her weight. She and the Sis are constantly on some crazy diet, eating bird food, and discussing weight. I don't think they're trying to be rude, but it seems ludicrous to me (being an amazon with big boobs and a prolific rump) that a 5 foot nuthin' 104lb little blond woman and her clone daughter would need to do anything else in life other than stand there and smile.

I wouldn't mess with it. We all complain about things our friends/family think are stupid and she probably doesn't mean it the way you're taking it. She seems like she's really nice other than that, so it would be best to just let it go and not assume the worst.

Oh, and FYI -- Exotic trumps every other card, every single time. MIL and SIL took me to the strip for drinks and "girls night" and nobody was looking at either one of them. And we got some great service too! It started with some drunk guy asking me if he could take a picture with me, then ALL night stupid people kept asking me about modeling and acting and giving me comps. Come to find out these dweebs thought I was someone famous, but couldn't think of who I might be so they were giving me VIP treatment just in case.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Mother in laws and moms Bf's are almost always like that .. I think its because you took away there little babies ! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

OMG you are already thin and beautiful. She is saying things like this to you to compensate for her own insecurity and is probably envious because she was used to being the pretty, popular one when she was young and now she's not young and doesn't like her place being 'usurped' by young, pretty girls like you. Look at it as a reminder to appreciate your youth and beauty while you have it, and strive to maintain it with grace and compassion for those who may not have it anymore.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Just imagine that every time she mentions her weight she is instead saying: "I'm insecure, and I'm ignorant of the fact that weight doesn't equal health."

It may help you to keep your distance about it, as it just makes her seem sad... not infuriating.

And yes yes yes to this:
Quote:
The only way to handle someone like that is to refuse to engage. If she were ever to be you MIL, it only becomes more CRUCIAL to disengage instead of compete.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote