3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Zumba...anyone try it or heard of it?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/160179-zumba-anyone-try-heard.html)

angelanicole23 01-03-2009 08:25 PM

Zumba...anyone try it or heard of it??

My gym has started offering Zumba classes..which I've been thinking about doing..I heard it was a lot of fun but had no idea what it was really about. Has anyone taken a Zumba class?? If so how did you find it? I just found this link on Youtube and it looks awesome. Hoping that the class offered is similar to some of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

choirgirlhotel 01-03-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelanicole23 (Post 2525151)
My gym has started offering Zumba classes..which I've been thinking about doing..I heard it was a lot of fun but had no idea what it was really about. Has anyone taken a Zumba class?? If so how did you find it? I just found this link on Youtube and it looks awesome. Hoping that the class offered is similar to some of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

that looks AWESOME!!!!

LynseyLikes2Lose 01-03-2009 09:07 PM

I would take it and I would love it. I might look like an idiot but that doesn't matter much to me. LOL!

HeatherMcG 01-03-2009 09:26 PM

I sampled 1 Zumba class is college. I was at my highest weight at that time and found it difficult to keep up. But, it was a lot of fun and I remember learning some really fun latin inspired dance moves. I would definitely try it again!

willow650 01-03-2009 09:29 PM

I took zumba at my previous gym for several months. I absolutely LOVE IT. I had to cancel my gym membership and I really miss zumba :( .If you have the chance to take the class, totally do it!!

Yelie 01-03-2009 09:32 PM

I have a friend who does it and LOVES it. Lots of fun latin dance moves and good workout from what she says :)

angelanicole23 01-03-2009 11:01 PM

Thanks for your input..yep I love dancing so thinking I'll love it!

thatbutton 01-03-2009 11:34 PM

I'm moving soon and the YMCA in my new town offers this. I was wondering about it too. Looks like I better sign up once I get there! I watched a few videos on YouTube too. I liked to see the ladies my size doing it! I'm ok with looking a little silly with my lack of rhythm!

Angela - .5 from your goal!!! Awesome job. You're right at the weight I want to get too!

angelanicole23 01-07-2009 06:07 PM

Well I just finished my first Zumba class..it was AWESOME! I'm sure I looked like a complete idiot but it was so much fun..and she had the lights dimmed so nobody could see half of the mistakes I made. The music was awesome!! We even did a Puerto Rican (not sure if that is how it's spelled) hip hop!

freeqeegrl 01-07-2009 06:11 PM

Its A Blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannabealewis 01-08-2009 04:07 PM

Zumba

I tried it the other night and I loved it!!! We all looked like fools because we aren't professional dancers, but it was a great time. Everyone laughed and smiled the whole time. I've never sweat so bad, while having so much fun. I can't wait to do it again tonight.
Don't worry about looking stupid, everyone is moving around so fast you don't have time to notice eachother.

LandonsBaby 01-08-2009 04:21 PM

I have heard of it and I watched a class for about 30 seconds. It didn't look like my cup of tea. I have a friend who started it (along with healthy eating) and she lost 90lbs!!!

CandyKisses0204 01-08-2009 05:58 PM

I take Zumba 1-3 times every week and i LOVE it. It is my fav class. Though im a bit biased because dance is one of my passions so of course i would love it. But its a great work out. Its nice because you can do super high intensity but if it gets too hard you can slow things down but still doing the class.

ive convinced a few friends to come to a cladd or 2 with me and all but 1 liked it. And she isnt a fan of dancing cause she is afraid she looks stupid doing it.

CakeBatter 01-08-2009 06:12 PM

Zumba is the bomb. It is pretty fast paced but after a few weeks you start to learn the moves and really gets fun. It works the abs and legs. Give it try, if u can't make it the hour do 30 min and come each week til u build up.

angelanicole23 01-08-2009 06:55 PM

well I can feel it in my arms and legs today...even though I didn't break a big ol sweat last night like I said..we even did a lot of toning for one song. I LOVED it and am looking forward to it next week! The class is offered two nights a week..however aqua aerobics are both nights as well. I'm not sure i'm willing to give up both classes because one instructor is phenomenal and gives us a superb cardio workout..but the 2nd aqua fit class is a little on the boring side and i don't mind missing it. I'm not sure...if I want to get better with the Zumba I think I'll have to do more of it.

rnbg813 01-10-2009 11:18 PM

That looks fun but I would feel weird moving my body like that in front of a bunch of people! :S