Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #511  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Petunia418~ Cheerios are a great idea!!!

Feral~ Sounds like seeing a chiropractor is a good idea! I'm loving all the suggestions and ideas people have of stuff to add to yogurt! I weigh in a lot also, but more to track what foods really mess with my body. Try keeping track in a journal or something to see if there is a pattern of what increases your weigh and what decreases it.

whiskeygirl862~ 1.4 is a great loss! Tom could be a factor so I would be proud of what your did and look forward to next weeks weigh in. Remember, little losses add up to big ones.

Daimere~ I really want under 240 too!!!

Blissclaire~ Kickball and weeding totally count! Good luck today!

I think all meds are unpredicatable as to how they will make your body react. I cranked out another Turbo Jam this morning and am feeling pretty good. I love how working out lifts my mood!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #512  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I was under 240! YAY. Actually, I might go to this meeting from now on. This leader was so fun and energetic! She was amazing!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #513  

S/C/G: 221/ticker!/145

Height: 5'4

Daimere, Congrats!!

DARNIT!! I don't think that my post from earlier posted...

Petunia- I am currently on Yaz, and have been for over two years (I got my PCOS diagnosis this July) Lately, I've been on that as well as Metformin, and when I went to the doc today, he also put me on Spironolactone (For the nasty PCOS side effects). I haven't noticed any weight gain/loss in the past few months, but I'm hoping that it will jump start soon! My doc was kind of being a butt about the whole thing too, and finally today, I had a mindset that I WAS going to get him to listen to what I had to say, and he did. and was nice about it and answered some questions i had. Oh, and by shortened periods, it can only mean one of two things... short and barely there, or kind of short (4-5 days) and heavier.

(I updated on Weekly chat too.I don't want to double post!)
blissclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #514  
Looking for a waist!

S/C/G: 263/248/163

Height: 5'9"

Petunia--if it makes you feel any better about your choice of birth control, I heard that there's a class action lawsuit pending against the makers of Yaz because it really doesn't have any added benefits.

Good luck with your search for a better doctor and hospital. I found my current doctor through Yelp.com reviews. I live in Los Angeles so lots of people review...so I can't attest to how many reviews would be in other cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia418 View Post
181 again this morning. Maybe it's TMI but I haven't "gone" in about 5 days. I'm thinking this number will be lower SOON!

It's amazing how everyone's bodies react differently to different meds, etc. My DF is on Metformin for an insulin problem which has actually made him LOSE weight! I'm on Yasmine (BC) and was upset that my Dr. told me it "wouldn't make me gain weight" when it was written on the info. packet inside of the box that it could. So tell me, Doc... how is it that when I first came to see you I was 160, put on the pill, and went up to 190? Then I went off of it for a year and easily got down to 165 and then went back on it and ballooned back up to 181?

Coincidence? I think not! I love my Dr., he really is great... but this made me skeptical. I thought about doing Yaz instead but I don't like the idea of the shortened periods (I know that seems backwards, but I figure if I have a decent-length period I personally don't feel like I'm altering my body as much... just personal opinion). I'm actually going to possibly switch gynos towards the end of the year because although I love my Dr., I don't like the hospital he works out of.

I'm trying to think of the future and I honestly can't imagine having my children in this hospital. I firmly believe the "care" my grandmother received there was partly responsible for her death.
elle w 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #515  

S/C/G: 219/TICKER/145

Height: 5'10"

bliss-- I also have a prescription for Spironalactone, but I haven't filled it yet. My doc said something about some leg cramps as side effects, and it freaked me out. (I think we may have the same unpleasant symptons ). Let me know how it works out for you!!!

Damiere- Way to go!!! I hope that you have found a meeting that you actually like, that can definitely help. I love my leader!!!

Petunia-- I hope that you can find a good hospital... There's a hospital near my hometown that has a bad reputation like that. Good luck with your search, sometimes word of mouth is the best resource for things like that!
whiskeygirl862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #516  

Whiskey As with anything, it has a ton of side effects, and i asked my doc specifically about them and he said that the only ones that he has encountered frequently when prescribing it to PCOS patients is the excessive peeing. I'm on 100 mg of it, and in 4 weeks I go back to see how it's doing... The way I see it, is if it can make the acne get better and the hirsutism look less visible, I'll be happy!

I WANT MY 30DS DVD ALREADY!!!

Last edited by blissclaire; 03-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #517  
joley* is back...

S/C/G: 226.6/218.6/125

Height: 5 feet zero

hey girls! i forgot to log in from my meeting today. I lost 2.8lbs this week! I'm happy.
joleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #518  

Joley WOO HOO!! Congrats!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #519  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for your advice and help! I really appreciate it!

Bliss and Whiskey- good luck with your new Rx!

The funny thing is- Yasmine (that I'm on) is the original form of Yaz, before they decided to spin-off with all of these added PMS benefits, etc. The lawsuit explains a lot; I've seen commercials lately by Yaz to "clear-up" misconceptions about the pill. I know my Dr. really tried to push it on me for a while but I wanted the original form that's been around for longer (and therefore finally has a generic lol!). I'm sure Yaz works just fine but sometimes I wonder how much of our prescriptions are really to help us, and how much of them are the Doctors just trying to push certain brands, products, etc. </end skeptical rant>

181 again this morning. Ugh... how is it that I saw 174 a little over a month ago? I'd die for 179 right now!!!!

I think I have Work Depression. It's so depressing around here. I come up with places to go at lunch even if I don't need anything... I have to escape for a while!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #520  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Daimere~ Congratulations!!!

joleystar~ Congratulations!!!

Petunia418~ What do you do for work?

Long day today with parent/teacher conference still going on. I lost 1 lb. at weigh in last night and then saw the scale dip even lower before I went to bed last night which made me a little angry, but excited for next weeks weigh in at the same time (I went potty 1 hour after weigh in, grrrrr). I wasn’t very good last weekend, so my goal is to improve this weekend, get some more workouts in and see more results next week. Track starts next week so I’ll be running around and weight training with my throwers. AAU BBALL also started this week, but the girls are older and better so I don’t need to give as many examples which has cut way down on how much I run around during practice. There’s no school tomorrow, so I don’t know if I will get online anytime this weekend. If not, everyone have a great weekend!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote