Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Post House Bunnies and guilty confessions!

So today my bf and I went out and I made him get the movie, House Bunny. I knew it was gonna be ridiculous but I wanted to see it anyway. And it didn't disappoint, I laughed at its ridiculousness all the way through! I'll admit it I liked it! But what really got me concerned was the fact I sat through the whole movie, which made fun of the stereotypical plastic blonde bimbo and I couldn't help but be envious. I kept thinking how cute she was and how it might be nice to look like the epitome of guys fantasies. Maybe it would be fun to be the blonde bombshell. I know I know, I should theoretically hate on girls like that and the media for not accepting other standards as beautiful. But, I couldn't help myself! I wish I could see what its like to be the bombshell!!

So that has me asking all of you a question...who is your guilty sex symbol? The one you should hate but secretly wish you could look like, even if its just for a day??? And why? was it a specific picture or a part they played in a movie? What made you think they embodied a total sex symbol.

Mine would be Regina Deutinger in her playmate shoot, which explains itself...sorry had to censor the picture!! No butts allowed!

Last edited by QTestRDH; 12-21-2008 at 09:23 PM.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Carmen Electra!!! I would love to look like her. I don't necessarily want to be her because I love my life, and her life is a little dramatic. She's just gorgeous! Way hot!

Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Lara Croft. Because I'm geeky like that

Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #4  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Beyonce!!

I'm not obsessed with her, I just think she is well proportioned and has "real woman" features!

HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #5  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i ditto heather!

before i gained all this weight i had a shape very similar to beyonce's and i want my fit but curvy shape back.

i also admire her ambition and drive and a number of other things so i might be a tad obsessed lol
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

I'm obsessed with Kim Kardashian. I mean, she's gorgeous! I would love to look like her. I don't have a big @$$ though.

deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'7

i love carmen electra too. shes got a wide stomach and i think ive read that shes self-concious of it. Shows that even the gorgeous bombshells have serious insecurities too. but my real "envy" chick would be Adriana Lima, I think she has the perfect body, and she doesn't even have to freakin' workout!!!!
EasterBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #8  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I wasn't familiar with Adriana Lima, so I googled her.

Apologies in advance, I think this pic is huge!

HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #9  

Oh ya all of those Vicky's model's are ridiculously good looking. The one just had a baby and walked the runway show. I think maybe it was Alessanda Ambrosia?? I think thats her name
Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #10  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I'm not envious, but def. in love/obssessed with Halle! I just think she's so beautiful

butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I know I know, I should theoretically hate on girls like that
Why? I don't believe anyone should ever "hate on" anyone. Why hate on a girl cause she's a "bombshell" any more than you should hate on a girl cause she's fat?

I also don't think there's anything wrong with envying another woman's figure or curves. It's a perfectly normal thing to do. It can be inspiring even - to say "this is someone I'd like to look like". Of course it helps if the person you're admiring has a reasonable figure and you're not trying to attain a half-starved look or an overly airbrushed look and then getting down on yourself if you can't achieve that. But there's nothing wrong with a healthy dose of "gosh I want to look like THAT" to help you get and stay motivated.

I think what would concern me more is that you feel like you *should* hate these women.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 12-22-2008 at 12:43 AM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
I think what would concern me more is that you feel like you *should* hate these women.

Hate is a strong word and I didn't mean for it to come off as serious hatred. Just that envious feeling when you see someone who comes ridiculously close to perfection. That's all. And I was more or less referring to media and societies view of "beauty". And how sometimes it can be frustrating to see the same type of beauty over and over because that seems to be all thats accepted.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Even the strongest woman out there with the strongest mind has to admit that its freakin' hard not to give in to that desire, that desire to look like that woman. Especially for the 20 somethings out there. Perhaps it gets easier as you get older?
EasterBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

See .. I don't necessarily get that it's the same type of beauty over and over.

Do people admire healthy, slim bodies? Yes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

But these women don't look the same to me.

Halle Berry
Angelina Jolie
Beyonce
Regina Deutinger
Kim Kardashian

Blondes, brunettes, black, white, big boobs, little boobs, round butts, muscular, not muscular ... I see a lot of variation there. I think it's interesting that where I see a range of women of all shapes and colors and nationalities ... others focus on weight alone.

I think that admiring women who are a healthy weight is a GOOD thing if it inspires us to be the same.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 12-22-2008 at 01:28 AM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

OK, what I found interesting was how much each of the people who posted, and have their pictures up as their avatar, LOOK like the people they are ASPIRING to look like. I mean features/coloring -- I actually found it kind of amusing.

As for wanting to look like gorgeous women...why not? As long as they are not half starved or heroin addicts? Slim and fit is a GOOD thing to want to be like...maybe not an idiotic "House Bunny" -- but her figure? **** yes! Why not keep that in the back of your head as you go along, imagining yourself in some cute little teddy or whatever. I know that when I got down to my goal, I didn't walk, I RAN to Victoria Secret to get myself some REALLY hot bra and panty sets...and thinking about the fact that I was going to do that, was one of the best "thin" fantasies I had during the whole arduous weight loss process.

None of those women look the same...they are all extremely different -- but I am pretty darn sure they all work freakin' hard to look the way they do.

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-22-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote