Old 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default Sickly....

I dunno if this is going to be more of a rant or if anyone has any idea how to help me! LoL

But this is seriously getting old...I'm sick for the 4th time in the past month and a half! I first had 2 colds back to back, then strep throat for the first time ever, and seriously, 2 weeks after I got better from that I now have a terrible chest cold where I can hardly breathe without hacking up a lung.

I'm pretty healthy in a sense that I don't drink, smoke, stay out partying and whatnot...but dangit!!! My immune system is ticking me off!! I wash my hands frequently and take care of myself!

I know this HOUSTON WEATHER does NOT help any at all...it's a rollercoaster! It snowed last week, and today it's about 80. Seriously?!? Why can't we have NORMAL seasons.....grRRrrr...I hate the whole hot cold hot cold hot cold...oh did I mention it's supposed to be highs of mid 30s by tomorrow or Monday?

So how do I shake being sick all the time?? Anyone have any swear-by remedies??
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #2  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

oooh yeah those weather exremes will do it to ya! I feel ya, though it seems you are having it much worse, poor thing I started an ear infection a MONTH ago and i'm still having issues with it..been on antibiotics and drops..for a few days it was completely fine now it's swelling up again and everything sounds muffled. Pain went away after only one day of it but still. I just wanna feel fine again!!! I hope you feel better soon!! (and while you have my sympathy for weather changes..I do NOT sympathize with 80 degree weather we got 6+ inches of snow the other day..was terrible. I had to drive 25 miles in a complete whiteout along a lonely winding stretch of highway yeah i'm jealous lol
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Take vitamins!!! I take a multi women's vitamin every single day, and my immunity is golden! I NEVER get sick. I use to get sick ALL the time before I started taking them. I have only been sick once in the past three years, and it was when I didn't take my vitamins for a week.

Just one little vitamin every day after breakfast.
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

If you don't like taking vitamins regularly you can always take some vitamin C or get some extra into your diet for awhile when you feel something coming on. Zinc for sore throats really works too!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

We're all right there with you! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Maybe the vitamin idea would be ideal for you, I'd give it a try. I'm sure it's your wacky weather thats making you sick!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Yep lots of vitamins and drink lots of fluids..green tea is great!

It's the same friggin way here in Newfoundland, Canada...We've had a few days of rain and warmer temps then cold and snow and frost...and back to rain..It's insane!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #8  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

tell me about it with this stupid weather!!!! up down turnaround blah blah blah! I wish it would pick a side and stay there!!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Because I had surgery this week I have spent the last month hoping that the stupid weather changes didn't get me sick. This time of year always gets me sick. Some things I've been doing it loading up on vitiman C, taking multivitiams, and eating well rounded meals. It seems to be helping. Sometimes when you cut calories it takes a toll on your immune system.

good luck and stay healthy
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:31 AM   #10  

Thanks for all the advice! I'm huntin for vitamins tomorrow!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote