Old 12-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default ****Dec 15th-21st Weekly Chat****

I guess I'll start the weekly chat. Good morning ladies!

I had such a great time at a little beach town this past weekend. It was amazing! Then to top it off we went to this little hole in the wall Irish pub. The people I was with knew the people in the band and it was so much fun. My family comes from Irish decent but I know nothing about Irish culture so it was really cool. They even had a song named Heather, it was my own personal shout out.

I got lost on the way back... I ended up in Oakland... Cali- I thought of you! But thankfully I found my interstate and got home in good time.

I can't believe that I have only a few days until I leave for my trip! I'm so excited.

Last edited by Here we go again; 12-15-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

wow you look awesom in your new avatar girl!! Hawt!

hello (waves) im here, still plugging along, and wrapping christmas presents!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Heather, I was looking at your Santa Cruz pictures on Facebook and you look AMAZING We are almost the same weight and you look so much better than me haha, damnit I need that 2 extra inches in height!!!! When do you go home?? I'm leaving for Jamaica next week....11 days away!!!! I CANNOT WAIT. I just started to pack, and I am SO glad Air Canada allows you 2 suitcases or I'd be screwed. I'm going for 17 days, so you can imagine how much CRAP I am bringing. 2 suitcases will be a tight squeeze.
On a sader note, when I get home from Jamaica I need to start looking for a new job My new boss and I don't see eye to eye, we actually hate eachother, and I've had enough. I need to wash my hands clean of that company, and find a better paying job. I just REALLY hate job hunting. Ugh. Ah well, it'll work out how it's suppose to I guess.
Well, I guess I'm going to go eat some lunch then use my elliptical for a bit.....

Last edited by luvja; 12-15-2008 at 11:19 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #4  

Pretty- Thanks girl.... I love hawt and me in the same sentence. I'm so glad I'm done with Christmas shopping. I'm paying my sister $30 to wrap all my presents. She needs the money and I don't have the time.

Luvja- You're too funny. I don't look better than you! But I love being 5'11. What size are you out of curiosity? I was wearing 16's in this pic. I leave for AR on Friday. I'm so excited. I'm driving to Little Rock Saturday and then Louisiana on Sunday. I can't way to see my peeps! They charge for bags on AA. I'm taking two suitcases and I'm going to have to pay $40! Grrrr..... It's ok, b/c I got the hook up on a rental car. It's nice to know people that work at the airport! You're going to have so much fun in Jamaica. I'm so jealous. I have a good friend from there. I may go with her next year. I've never been. On the job thing, I would make sure you have a job before you quit yours. It's not a good time to be looking for work.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #5  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

HWGA: I saw your pics on facebook too! Looks like you had a ball. LOL! You got lost in Oakland? How did you end up in Oakland?

Luvja: bring me back a snowglobe! LOL! As far as a job...I hated a job once...and my boss hated me. It got out that I was thinking about quitting my job (damn office snitch!) and so the boss was all kissing up to me about how she loved me there, so I halted my job search for a bit. 2 weeks later, I was laid off. Every since then, I learned to just go with my gut. Looking for jobs sucks, but nothing sucks more than being stuck somewhere and miserable. If you have the power to change your situation, go for it!

As for me, I totally broke my treadmill this weekend. I was unplugging it and the freaking grounding pin broke off in the wall. I nearly fell to my knees in an over dramatic crying type fashion. But I think that part is still under warranty. I called them, the chick was acting like she didn't know if it was or not. What eves. I'll pay too. In the mean time, I'm treadmill-less and so freaking lazy by way of actually working out. I like the treadmill because I just have to jump on and walk/jog/run while I watch Gossip Girl on tivo. So I had to dust off my old school tae bo...yeah circa 1999 and still on VHS. My hamstrings are all tight today. Blah.

My friend...the foodie from Florida is flying in today. I'm picking her up from the air port and the first thing she wants is a burrito. Oy...

I had a kind jacked up weekend food wise. I didn't binge, but I couldn't seem to keep from making myself sick...twice. I'm so pissed at myself right now because I didn't even eat that much, but I was all hyperventilating thinking about getting into those black jeans and knowing I shouldn't have had that extra piece of cornbread--it had to go.

This just means I'm going to be extra careful of what I eat for the next two weeks because I'm being triggered easily.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #6  

Cali- That sucks about the tread mill! Good thing you're not using it as an excuse. Ok, so I was on 280 and I should have gone 280 S but I took 280 N. I was just driving along and noticed that I was really close to SF. Hmmm..... so I called my friend and she told me to turn around, but I knew that 80 would take me home if I just could find it. So I pulled over got directions, and found 80. It was my first time on the bay bridge! I was very proud of myself for being in the city and not freaking out b/c I didn't know where I was. I sure was thinking... I wish I had Cali's number she would know where I was. lol
Old 12-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #7  

Heather - I'm a size 20! I'm a little jealous of your size 16's lol. And the main reason I want to quit quickly is because I fear if I don't, she'll fire me. It's ageism. Horrible in the medical field. She thinks I'm too young to do my job, and to handle such responsibility. Funny thing is, I've been doing my job just fine for a year. My REAL boss went on materinity leave in September, and now we have this boss for a year. She's an idiot, straight up idiot. My best friend also works for our office, and she told me the new boss said she wants to get rid of me because of my age. It makes her uneasy. When my best friend told our REAL boss (on maternity leave) that, she freaked out. She loves me and realises I am the best coordinator they have. I wish some people would realise age is only but a number. It does not reflect my working abilities. Being young can be hard! Never thought I'd say that.
I've been to Jamaica a bunch of times, met locals and became really good friends. It's by far my favourite place on earth. I would recommend you taking a trip there one day when it's affordable for you! Ya mon!

Cali - I'm sorry to hear about your poor treadmill...... Have fun with your friend!

Last edited by luvja; 12-15-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #8  

Luvja- you're close to a 16, you'll get there soon. Isn't it funny how body shapes are just crazy? We weigh the same but different sizes. Hmmm.... From an HR perspective, what she is saying to you is illegal and discriminatory. I'm not sure about Canadian law, but I'm sure it's not legal there. You should talk to your HR department and do a complaint if she keeps it up. She can't fire you based on your age.

I would love to go to Jamaica. I'm going to look into flights and see how much they are.... The fact that my friend's family is from there makes it that much better. I wouldn't want to go w/o knowing locals.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #9  

We don't have an HR department I work for a privat home health care agency. There's like 5 of us who work for the office, thats it!. I would like another job anyway, I don't get paid enough, or get enough hours. But, I've never been fired from a job and I don't plan to!
I bet flights from the west coast to Jamaica are very expensive!. From Canada it's about $1000! And thats only a 4 hour flight.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #10  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies! So today I feel a bit bummed and I started my TOM so I am super crampy and uncomfortable. I am debating working out or not or just waiting until tomorrow when I am maybe feeling a little bit better.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #11  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to join this week!!

I SHOULD be on TOM this week too, but it hasn't happened yet. I was expecting it on Thursday but turns out I miscalculated and it was supposed to start on Saturday. Still haven't gotten it yet, though... ????

Anyway- How's the weather for everyone? It's 4º out here in lovely Idaho (I say that sarcastically...)
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #12  

The weather here is rainy, cold, and depressing!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #13  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

the weather here is rainy, cold and depressing. LOL!

the treadmill people called me back, the part is under warranty and I should get a new power plug before Christmas. Meanwhile, all of that tae bo-ing has me feeling all stiff. Jeez... I might have to change it up to yoga tonight.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #14  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies! Usually I hate mondays, but today...not so bad. I had a really crazy weekend, I need a weekend from my weekend. Friday night I cleaned all night getting ready for my yule party and did a little christmas shopping, saturday night I went out with the boy and we stayed up all night...nuff said...last night even though I didn't sleep the night before I started cleaning (I have OCD) and looked up at 2am and realized the time.

I can't believe its already mid december. What the **** is happening to time? I did not weigh myself this morning, as I fell bloated and I just don't even want to know.

Cali: it never fails, if I buy something new electronic I screw up the plug first thing.

HWGA: Good job on driving. I cannot drive on city streets, I am total anxiety basket case. I have trouble just keeping my eyes open as a passanger...

Luvja: I so wish I was going to Jamaica...I am so jealous. Good luck on the job search.

Carcar: Its cold, rainy and the wind is supposed to start picking up. BUT, its better then SNOW. I can drive just fine in rain.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #15  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

im feeling a little low right now.

I only give my fiance like ONE bill to pay each month and ive just found a letter which tells me he hasnt paid it for 4 months.

this is really the straw that broke the camels back for me, i even sat him down last night and told him how unhappy i am right now with him. i have jsut asked him not to come home tonight.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote