3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

weightlossxprt 07-21-2009 10:30 PM

Me. Today...but not forever!

Geographical location: Western States

Marital Status: SINGLE!

Children/Ages: None...yet

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: light blue

Starting Weight: 180

Following any specific plan: No, just a lot of research and calorie/diet watching.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm determined to stay focused and get the body I deserve.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am driven....take that back...EXTREMELY driven! This time, I am determined not to fail.
Goal: SW 180: GW: 165

daisy5819 07-22-2009 11:14 AM

all about me

First name: Lisa

Geographical location: Houston, TX

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 dog (a Jack Russell)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, watching movies, music, college football

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/16/09

Starting Weight: 246

Present Weight: 236

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Dealing with what made me overeat, and finally confronting feelings that I had been eating to avoid.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm listening to myself and how I feel.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love how motivating 3FC is!

ronica62 07-23-2009 01:08 AM

First name: Veronica

Geographical location: Gulf Coast Texas

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: hanging out with family, reading, listening/playing music

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 15, 2009

Starting Weight: 270 lbs.

Present Weight: 231 lbs.

Goal Weight: 170 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being patient with myself

Following any specific plan: I'm not really following a specific plan, just trying to eat more healthy and in smaller portions that what I was used to

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm in it to win it this time!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Everyone on this website is very supportive and I am glad that I stumbled upon it again. This time I WILL reach my goal weight with the motivation, inspiration and encouragement of all the wonderful people here at 3FC.

wednesdaymorning 07-23-2009 03:41 AM

First name: Jess

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Not married, but close enough.

Pets: Sydney is the name of my kitty cat.

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, taking photos, watching television (that's SO a hobby), shopping, psychology, learning, talking...

Height: 5'2''

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes. The hair changes weekly. Mostly red, though.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Which time? Haha. We'll say July 13th.

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 184!

Goal Weight: 135/130ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving up and getting stressed because I'm not seeing results NOW.

Following any specific plan: The nutrition I learned during my time at Slender Lady a few years ago and I work out 5 times a week at Curves and do Bellydancing on the weekends.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm on my own and I'm more responsible and I have no other choice. I paid a gym and I refuse to waste money.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nah. Unless anyone wants to know anything. :D

PiedPiper 07-23-2009 12:56 PM

First name: Kate

Geographical location: DC

Pets: Two cats and a wacky dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling traveling and more traveling. Reading (a weird mix of trashy romance and classic victorian). Anything and everything technological, I always HAVE to have the newest gadget, phones...computers...iPods.

Height: 5'11''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Two weeks ago.

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 150, probably.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My friends. I LOVE them, but they're all teeny tiny and don't even give a second thought to what they eat. They snack constantly, and I hate to be left out.

Following any specific plan: Nope!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hmmm.. 10 pounds I suppose. Being tall I've always been heavier than my friends, but not quite in the overweight category. I always new I'd be happier lighter, but since I was just on the high end of normal I never had the motivating factor. Now I do.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm quite nervous about posting. I've quietly read posts here for AGES but never mustered up the courage to join myself.

SnowWolf 07-23-2009 10:19 PM

First name: Tiana

Geographical location: Nevada

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: hahaha

Pets: Two dogs. Rott-mix and a bassethound.

Hobbies/Interests: Acting, singing, walking, swimming, karate, paining, movies, friends, God, science, ice skating, writting, school...ect

Height: around 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: reddish-brown, ash brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/5/09

Starting Weight:154

Present Weight:152 (in the morning)

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The things my mom brings home, stress, bordom, will.

Following any specific plan: Intuitive eating. Walk everyday. (I need to make a reutin) don't eat late...and try to only eat when hungry lots of veggies and protien...not alot of breed. Carbs in moring. And let myself have something I want sometimes.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have better will power and I believe in myself. I have God. And know it's better to get slimmer slowly and to not beat myself up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: uh? I'm a very modiviated person, I'm no sissy.

rblace87 07-24-2009 09:11 AM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Philadelphia, PA

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: A 13 year old Irish Terrier named Jazz

Hobbies/Interests: Blogging, Bicycles, Printmaking, Pottery/Ceramics, Paranormal, Eco-Friendliness, Lazy Days, History, Ebaying (Stolen off of my facebook, haha)

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown. Dull :dz:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 6th 2009

Starting Weight: 152 lbs

Present Weight: about 144 or 145 lbs

Goal Weight: 117 by Halloween :witch:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Over coming weight loss plateaus. I'm already at one in the third week into my weight loss journey and I can't seem to get out of it.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting. 1100-1200 Cals a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm 100% devoted this time and will not give up. I also started an account here and at fitday in which I participate in often :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very excited to be taking this journey towards a much healthy and happier lifestyle and also developing a new perspective on food.

fluffyduckling 07-26-2009 09:16 AM

First name: mel

Geographical location: east coast

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: nope!

Occupation: barista. server. theatre teacher. writer. photographer. pirate.

Pets: siberian husky, tabby cat, rabbit, & a rat!

Hobbies/Interests: writing, reading, theatre, playing music, science, animals, being outside, working out, photography, crafty things, adventures, all kinds of things!

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: july 1 2009

Starting Weight: 222

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: taking the time to always be prepared. and not feeling guilty when i eat something bad.

Following any specific plan: weight watchers & working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time im sticking to it!

Anything else you would like to share with us: im glad you guys are here!! we can do it! its nice to have so many motivated and supportive people.

LucySinatra 07-27-2009 11:35 PM

First name: Lucy

Geographical location: PA

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: Charlee (pomerian/shih tzu/peke mix) Izzie (bichon frise/yorkie)

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, concerts, seeing cover bands

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Light brownish with hi lites

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 25th?

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight: 167

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love for bad/greasy foods!

Following any specific plan: Just simple cutting back calories, exercise, and 3x a week with a personal trainer

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Working with a personal trainer and focusing on a better, healthier body. Before I was focused on just being skinny

Anything else you would like to share with us: So far I am loving this site!!:carrot:

newfette 07-28-2009 01:35 PM

First name: Gail

Geographical location:Newfoundland Canada

Children/Ages: No kiddies for me

Occupation: Opperations Manager for a wireless communications company

Pets: rocky the rock

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, reading, writing

Height: 5'3 ish

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 22, 2009

Starting Weight: 295 ish

Present Weight: 295

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: back injury and self sabotage. I get down on myself and i want to eat, i LOVE good food and its very hard for me to fight the urges, i will drive around for an hour before finding the strength to just go home and not buying fast food

Following any specific plan: Canada's food guide and just watching calorie intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i want this, i've wanted this for a long time but have been sidelined from a car accident. just getting back into the swing of things. more about that in my blog.

Anything else you would like to share with us:someone reminded me the other day of a quote from yoda: do or do not, there is no try. this has struck a real chord with me. i either do this or i dont. I have a good support system withing my friends and I'm ready to be a healthy person. my eventual end goal is to run a 10 mile race that's held here every summer.

gypsie921 07-29-2009 03:28 AM

Gypsie's Profile

First name: Gypsie (And YES! that's my real name!!)

Geographical location: Central Florida just north of Tampa

Marital Status: Married to a wonderful man!

Children/Ages: None yet but we're hoping!

Occupation: Full-time student at USF and part-time receptionist at my aunt's salon and day spa.

Pets: ROTFLMAO 6 dogs, 3 cats, and Steve the Squirrel. And I'm fostering my friend's dog until they move back from Germany where her husband is stationed.
Dogs
Leon - Doxie-Chihuahua mix
Tucker - Doxie
Rent - Doxie
LuLu - Doxie
Jefe - Chihuahua
Allie Mallie May-May - Doxie-terrier-wildebeast mix
Harley - Doxie (the foster!)
Cats
Jasper (aka Ebil) - grey striped Hemmingway
Harlow - tortie calico short hair
Sinatra (aka Sin) - seal point Siamese
Squirrel
Steve - Your basic grey squirrel who was handraised from 2 weeks old and the true master of the house!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, drawing, anything remotely "crafty," mowing the lawn, swimming, water aerobics, movies, movies, and more MOVIES!, cooking just about anything

Eye/Hair Color: eyes are hazel and hair is usually colored a super dark brown since it's so darn thin!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 7th, 2009

Starting Weight: 390

Present Weight: 377

Goal Weight: This is so hard for me. For me, I want to be 200, but I just don't know if my body will take it that low. I've never been slim in my life. I've always been chunky. I think I would be happy to just be a size 14/16. I want to be able to walk into any store I want and buy clothes right off the rack.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband! He loves me and finds me sexy just the way I am. It's hard because part of me says, "What the heck? He loves you just how you are so you just go ahead and eat that french fry!" But, deep down, I know he's scared of me leaving him for someone "hotter," even though I know that will never happen. Unless Gerard Butler comes a' knockin' at my door...

Following any specific plan: I do low-carb because it works for me and makes me feel awesome! I also like the structure of it all. I use ketone strips so I have an immediate satisfaction of knowing my body is in ketosis too. I'm also a weight-every-single-day kind of girl and track it on medhelp. I love the little graph and I find that keeping my loss under the target line as it moves across the graph is one of the biggest motivators every single day!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I'm losing weight for myself instead of thinking that it will get me a man. I lost weight before because I thought it would help me find someone who loved me. But, I found that man and he loves me no matter what so I know that now, it's just for me. I also know that I want to have babies and that isn't going to happen with my weight where it is. I already had one m/c and although I was told it wasn't due to weight, I'm sure my weight contributed to it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not especially... but if I think of something, I'll add it...

Kyla0709 07-29-2009 10:17 PM

First name: Kyla

Geographical location: Colorado Springs CO

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Two sons: Isaac (2) and Gabriel (4 weeks)

Pets: None, I suppose we'll get a dog if we move into a house.

Hobbies/Interests: I love to read and play with my kiddos!

Height: Just under 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes: Greenish grey Hair: Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A week ago!

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am completely addicted to sweets. And I binge badly on them, at least a few times a week, but I've really cut down lately and the scale shows it!

Following any specific plan: None, I just want to change my eating and exercise habits for good.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: When my first was about 9 months old I realized I needed to lose weight. I started at 185 and lost 45 pound in about 4 months. I maintained until I got pregnant again and just pigged out again. This time, I realized how badly my toddler always wants to eat, cookies and crap food. I want him to have a good relationship with food so I need to change myself and my family's eating habits for good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so excited to get this fat suit off!

lexib0t 07-31-2009 05:08 AM

First name: Lexi

Geographical location: Tampa, FL

Marital Status: Engaged, we've been together for 9.5 years.

Children/Ages: No, no, noooo.

Pets: Lab/Pit mix, her name is Moxie and she's 1 year old.

Hobbies/Interests: Videogames, reading, drawing, television (Dr. Who/Torchwood being my favorite shows ever.), tattoos and cooking.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been at this for nearly 3 years now but officially started over on July 27, 2009.

Starting Weight: I started at 260 awhile back and got down to 202 but back to 238 ATM.

Present Weight: 238

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth and my carb addiction, I could live on potatoes and ice cream.

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to put my mind to this 100 percent. I've noticed some health issues, not to mention self esteem issues, and I'm ready to be rid of them.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing at the moment but I look forward to getting to know a lot of the ladies and gents here.

BoomBop 08-01-2009 02:03 AM

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: Georgia, US

Children/Ages:

Hobbies/Interests: Graphic design, movies, tv, music, singing, fashion, shopping,

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today! 7/31/09

Starting Weight: 231

Present Weight: 230

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: What to choose? Mindless eating, fast food, and sweets.

Following any specific plan: Not yet, but I'll be considering a low-carb plan from Curves.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm willing to start small to end small. :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad I found this board! I've already been inspired by the stories and photos of you lovely ladies who are on this journey of weight loss.

BCchick 08-02-2009 06:25 PM

First name: Kassidi

Geographical location:Alberta, Canada

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:nada

Pets: Two horses (Opal and Burdoc) and my big goldfish JD

Hobbies/Interests:Mountain biking (x-country and downhill), skiing, snowboarding, quadding, long boarding, hiking, camping, reading, travelling, riding my horses, laying in the hammoc, kayaking....

Height:5'8''

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:I don't really remember...sometime earlier this year...Marchish maybe but really been paying attention since May 2009.

Starting Weight:272

Present Weight:245

Goal Weight:190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Getting off my butt to do anything...and not snacking! I am fairly active but snacking bites me in the butt every time!

Following any specific plan:Not really at the moment....only eating when I am hungry. Really trying for the whole lifestyle change thing...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am doing it for me, not to please someone. I am living somewhere where it is easy to be active and not snack all day. I am sick of feeling like junk.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Avid flip flop wearer :D

Aclai4067 08-02-2009 06:52 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location:
Decatur, Ga, USA

Marital Status:
Single

Children/Ages:
none

Occupation: Pool manager, soon to be substitute teacher, looking for work as an art teacher

Pets: 1 cat- Bundaberg

Hobbies/Interests: Ceramics, photography, swimming, travel

Height: 5'8''

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Joined WW in Oct 2008, started actually following the program April 2009

Starting Weight: 291 (overall); 289.4 (ww starting weight)

Present Weight: 263

Goal Weight: 155, for now. I've never been at a healthy weight in my adult life so I'm not really sure where I need to be. Once I get to Onederland I'll re-evaluate where I think I need to be.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My mind! I've psyched myself out so many times before and given up because I felt like I just can't make it. I have to constantly remind myself that this is actually possible

Following any specific plan: weight watchers, I love it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying a lot of new things. I've always stuggled to stay on plan because I'm such a picky eater. But now I'm learning to actually like healthy food.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait to get fit enough to feel comfortable doing things like rock climbing and kayaking. That kind of outdoorsy stuff fascinates me. I want to try new things without fear of struggling to keep up or not being able to pull my own weight.

got2bhappy 08-03-2009 05:20 PM

I'm new.

First name: Kandi

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married 5 years

Children/Ages: Kaitlyn, 2.5 years and Brianna, 11 months

Pets: 3 cats - Ember, Cole, Smores

Hobbies/Interests: Fishing, swimming, outdoors, animals, geriatric psych,

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 30th

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time for exercise

Following any specific plan: Just keeping track of calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have had a good start the first few days!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was heavy as a kid and teenager. Weighed 210 when I got engaged, lost 40 lbs before the wedding on my own made up south beach-y kind of diet. So I weighed 170...and gained it back slowly at first. And I have now had 2 babies and gained a lot (with the first one mostly). Haven't been able to lose much of it yet. I have been motivated by seeing old high school classmates on Facebook, who look absolutely amazing. Our 10 year reunion is next year and I would like to look great too, not to mention be healthier and more energetic for my kids.

calbear2011 08-06-2009 12:40 AM

First name:Laura

Geographical location:San Carlos, CA soon to be Munich, Germany

Children/Ages:n/a

Hobbies/Interests: reading, running, shoppin, watching european football, speaking languages other than english and travelling

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/green, blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today because what happened in the past is over

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 183

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating when i am bored.

Following any specific plan: following the Abs Diet guidelines

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am using a food journal and writing on these forums to keep me accountable

Anything else you would like to share with us: not really

Nienna 08-06-2009 01:46 AM

First name: Cathy

Geographical location: Texas

Pets: two rabbits - Hermes and Elektra

Hobbies/Interests: reading, hiking, volunteering

Eye/Hair Color: blueish/brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6th August 2009

Starting Weight: 150 lb

Present Weight: 150 lb

Goal Weight: 105 lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: tendency to snack late into the night, chips

Following any specific plan: whatever works (but specifically: trying to cut out hfcs, to eat more raw foods and less processed foods, to work out at least an hour and a half five days a week)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: commitment

shasha17a 08-06-2009 01:52 PM

First name: Akshata

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA

Marital Status: not married (but living with the boyfriend)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, cooking new things, love to bake, scrapbooking, meeting friends, love purses and shoes.

Height: 6'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/09

Starting Weight: 257 (but I was 287 in 2005)

Present Weight: 253

Goal Weight: To get under 200lbs for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I need to stop mindless eating. Also I ate as a reaction to almost everything. Happy, sad, good day, bad day, anger..etc

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat healthy. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, trying to cut down on processed sugars and foods. Not counting calories yet, but once my WL slows down, I think I will start doing that again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not a newcomer to weight loss. I have said that each time I start it will be different. This is the first time that I have thrown myself into a WL forum. So far everyone on here has been amazing and I believe the support will be what keeps me to keep losing weight and then maintaining.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to laugh and make jokes. I love it when I can make someone laugh really hard.

britty719 08-10-2009 02:34 PM

Hello

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: in a relationship

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping, cooking, watching movies

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today 8/10/09

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat.....a lot, and I lack motivation some times.

Following any specific plan: N/A

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure yet but i am hoping I have a little more motivation since my BMI has gone up so much and all my clothes are uncomfortable.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would love extra support.

shaljg85 08-12-2009 10:16 PM

First name: Shalyn

Geographical location: RI

Pets: 4 rabbits (C.C., Debby, Colette, Paulie), 2 cats (Merlin & Avalon), 1 fish (Bob)

Hobbies/Interests: Crafty/DIY stuff, reading, movies

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blueish Green/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Let's say today.

Starting Weight: 170.8 :mad:

Present Weight: 168.0

Goal Weight: 145-150 :D

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Carb restriction and will power (or my lack of)

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not much, I hope to change that though! Here's to will power! :D

Anything else you would like to share with us: Wish me luck!

souvenirdarling 08-12-2009 10:45 PM

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Quebec, Canada

Marital Status: Committed. We've been living together just over 2 years.

Children/Ages: Not yet, thanks :)

Occupation: Lead Barista at a cafe, bust studying to be a draftswoman.

Pets: Long-haired tabby named Sadie. She's a loving. lap-sitting wild ones.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, painting/drawing, learning in general, world religions, learning Italian...

Height: 5'5 3/4" !!

Eye/Hair Color: Light blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Yikes. Technically... February 2008... I'd prefer to say last Sunday.

Starting Weight: I guess I actually once it 160 and was shocked. Typically I was around 155, so it was likely a TOM moment.

Present Weight: 148

Goal Weight: 130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Overeating due to anxiety/boredome, laziness and procrastination!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Better tools and fitness access, pretty much.
I'm changing my fitness plan! Instead of just doing cardio, I'm seriously committing to weight lifting and dumbell exercises.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad to be here!

evalynnambra 08-14-2009 03:36 PM

First name:Ambra

Geographical location: near the sea in texas

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:none

Pets:Dorian Gray---the most wonderful kitty in the world

Hobbies/Interests:literature, bellydancing, becoming healthy, the blues, vinyl, poetry, journals, sketching, cute boys, women that love themselves, running, sad movies

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:blue eyes/ red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:birth ha ha ha....but this time around...i guess today

Starting Weight:175 :(

Present Weight:175 :(

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: beating up emotional eating and battling negative feelings

Following any specific plan: the eat a little bit less and exercise a little bit more diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more aware of my weaknesses and i know i can do it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm really really looking forward to having people that can keep me focused and in line as well as people who will help me see outside myself.

crcossel 08-17-2009 02:58 PM

First name:Candice

Geographical location: Boise, ID for now (probably moving to miami next year)

Marital Status:married 8 years

Children/Ages:none but have 2 dogs :)

Hobbies/Interests:reading, singing, dancing, volleyball

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:blue eyes/ brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:who knows....but counting this time July 20th

Starting Weight:157.2

Present Weight:151.4

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being able to go to fun events.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and watching burn with GoWear Fit

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel in more control

amperjess 08-17-2009 07:20 PM

First name: Jess

Geographical location: Charlottesville, VA

Marital Status: very single

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching tv, arts & crafts & design, movies

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: green/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Last summer...but my re-start date is July sometime.

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Staying on track, and not slipping back into unhealthy habits.

Following any specific plan: More exercise, limiting calorie intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I managed to do it last year even when my life was all over the place, and now I'm off college dining hall food so I'm more in control. I'm more determined to do it now because I know I CAN do it...I just need to keep it up and not lose hope when I plateau.

MissNovis 08-18-2009 05:22 PM

First name: Novis (pronounced Nah-vis)

Geographical location: Arizona

Children/Ages: One day

Pets: a cute ****shu mix named Reeses

Hobbies/Interests: Family/friends, dancing, trying new things/places/foods, traveling

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, hair is black (for now. usually changes quarterly)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lol, start date??? Since I was teenager. But when did I truly truly commit? August 1, 2009

Starting Weight: my highest weight was around 230/235. I started this journey at 224

Present Weight: 112

Goal Weight: 155ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ME!!! Self confidence, will, discipline, determination, persistance, dedication...I could give you a list. But ultimately it comes down to me and making the decision to better my life!

Following any specific plan: Low calorie diet including fruits, veggies, lean meats...no starches, sugars, dairy. At first it was hard but its not that bad now. Plus I run at least 30 minutes on the eliptical 3-4 times a week and I dance 2 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my attitude, most definately

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im excited!

Essa415 08-18-2009 06:36 PM

First name:Jessica

Geographical location: Peoria Area Illinois

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:None

Hobbies/Interests:Cooking, Baking, reading, going for walks, going out with friends.

Height:5'8"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/ Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:June 30, 2009

Starting Weight:255

Present Weight:248

Goal Weight:175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I Love Food too much

Following any specific plan:Not really, Mainly watching food intake and trying to work out more often.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost about 60 lbs about 5 years ago in college and due to a change in lifestyle I gained most of it back. I am going to hawaii in 4 months and figure that gives me the boost i need to get back on track.

mirasha 08-19-2009 03:43 PM

First name: Mirasha

Geographical location: Canada

Pets: Three Kitties

Hobbies/Interests: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Cooking

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown or Blond or somewhere in between

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime in 2002

Starting Weight: 170ish

Present Weight: 150(ish)

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat like a horse thanks to hypermetabolism as a youth.

Following any specific plan: Eat well and get off of lazy butt every now and then.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying to get involved in communities and improve my willpower, and following all of the success stories so I have much better motivation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I use a lot of weight loss motivational stories and quotes to uplift me and keep me going. Some of my favorite sites inclue howtheylostweight.com, weight-loss-story.blogspot.com, inspirational-quotes.info

I really hope to get back to a healthy weight for my size!!

kimminy 08-19-2009 04:22 PM

Hi everyone! I just joined yesterday :P

First name: Kim

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: I have a boyfriend

Children/Ages: None that I know of :P

Occupation: I got laid off recently :( but I'm going back to school in September for Anthropology.

Pets: 3 goldfish. Their name's are: Fish, Fish, and Fish.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, jogging, kayaking, board games, singing.

Height: 5'8" and one forth an inch if I wanna be a brat :P

Eye/Hair Color: Blue - or greenishy greyishy blue. Depends who you ask really.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 11th, 2009

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just having the motivation and not being a lazy arse!

Following any specific plan: Not being lazy. That's basically it. I'm not eating junk, jogging every day. Not anything special but the tried and true way of eating healthy and working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never actually tried for myself. I wanted to get skinny for other people and I never loved myself enough before to do it for myself. Now I do love myself. :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy. I want to feel as strong on the outside as I do on the inside.

blueiris6 08-20-2009 02:11 PM

First name: D

Geographical location: Somewhere in Colorado

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, camping, playing with our dogs, reading, learning various crafts that I never complete, and working on our new house

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on since June 2009

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband's cravings for eating out and fast food (including late night DQ runs!)...but he's not around for the next 2 months so I've stocked the house with healthy food and am ready to get down to business!

Following any specific plan: Ordering Turbo Jam and taking my dogs for daily walks

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: We have bought a house, I'm getting ready to start graduate school, and want to look great in a business casual wardrobe - I am more motivated now that the "real world" is finally the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, my husband is not around to distract me!

Anything else you would like to share with us:

dgsjsu 08-21-2009 05:16 AM

Geographical location: Gilroy, CA

Pets: Sprocket (dog)

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, shopping, wine tasting

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Gray/Blue Eyes/ Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Offically 8/27/2009

Starting Weight: 237lbs

Present Weight: 237lbs

Goal Weight: 180ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cooking healthy

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Need to do it for my health

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to my journey!

Lola Rose 08-21-2009 05:39 PM

First name: Lola

Geographical location: New York City

Age: 19 (20 in October, so I'll qualify as a "20-something" soon enough ;) )

Marital Status: so single it's not even funny

Children/Ages:

Pets: 1, dog (Brandon)

Hobbies/Interests: cataloging my vast music collection, wandering through book stores, watching way too many Premier League games and Rock documentaries, going to concerts, reading everything I can get my hands on.

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: green/ red (though I'm not a natural ginger)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/20/2009

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 119

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating, "sleepwalk"/night eating.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have the support of this forum, and the motivation of losing 20 pounds by my friend's wedding in early November.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Great forum, great people...can't wait to help support all of you gorgeous gals on your journeys =).

karlabranson 08-23-2009 03:13 AM

First name: Karla

Geographical location: Portland, Oregon

Children/Ages: DD (11 Months)

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, Garage Sale-ing, Karaoke

Height: 5 Feet 0 Inches

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 08/24/2009

Starting Weight: 203

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Control my eating.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

kasmel 08-24-2009 02:04 PM

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Providence, RI

Pets: At home, I have a greyhound mix named Sadie. I'd like to get a dog soon, but it wouldn't be fair to do that until I'm settled.

Hobbies/Interests: art, family/friends, books, pre-80s music, movies

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Probably this summer, though I have struggled with my weight since puberty.

Starting Weight: My highest weight was 193, in 8th grade. That was miserable. Recent highest weight- 167

Present Weight: 151

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of time- I go back to school in 2 weeks, and I'm worried that I won't be able to fit exercise and healthy cooking into my busy schedule. Also, drinking is a pretty big part of my social scene, and I'm worried that that will derail everything.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting, 45 min run every other day, yoga tapes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've finally realized that I can do it. That my weight is completely under my control. Also, this summer I have been trying to get healthy in every way possible- I quit smoking (and still lost weight!), stopped using caffeine and alcohol, started exercising, and have been trying to iron out the body-image issues I've had forever.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think I'm finally ready.

KayKay22 08-26-2009 01:05 PM

First name: Kasey

Geographical location: Biloxi, Ms

Children/Ages: N/A.. Unless my best friends kids count. I see them as much as she does and she calls me their second mommy. Ha! Elisha- 2 1/2 and Elissa 1 1/2

Pets: One very, very spoiled Malti-Poo named Khloe

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, scrapbooking, card making, reading, and Little League Baseball!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Red

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: August 17, 2009

Starting Weight: 188.6

Present Weight: 187.4

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I like to eat. I am a bored eater. I don't have a job so I have WAY too much time on my hands. I like the feeling of exercising and sweating, but seriously lack the motivation to get me from sitting to dressed and actually working out. I want to be able to run like a marathoner.. I love running even though it's hard and I can't breath and it hurts. It makes me feel free.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I plan to stick with this.. regardless of how hard it is or how much I feel I am not making much of a difference. I am not a patient person and I want results fast. I've learned slow and steady is what will keep the weight off. I hope so anyway.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really ready and going to do this. I want to be healthy and fit into my clothes. I am committing myself to weight watchers until the end of the year. If I don't see the results I am looking for I will reevaluate and try something else!

lekshmiprasanth 08-26-2009 06:31 PM

First name: Lekshmi

Geographical location: Germany

Children/Ages: No

Pets: No

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Browsing, watching movies

Height: 156cm

Eye/Hair Color: Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 27-08-2009

Starting Weight: 159lbs

Present Weight: 159lbs

Goal Weight: 132lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I tend to eat all the time when I am not doing anything else. I am so lazy to do exercises. I like the idea of walking for an hour, but mostly don't get motivated enough. And I love chocolates.

Following any specific plan: No, just calorie count

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to make it this time, since I have been diagnosed with a cyst in my ovary. :(

Anything else you would like to share with us: As an Indian, I used to have rice for all three meals. I don't know how to change my diet from this to a healthy one.

Manderz88 08-26-2009 08:04 PM

Geographical location: lancaster pa

Marital Status:in a relationship

Children/Ages:none

Pets:no

Hobbies/Interests:reading ,going to the park ,fishing

Height:5 ft 7 inches

Eye/Hair Color:brunette hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: august 5,2009

Starting Weight:240

Present Weight:240

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: diets

Following any specific plan: turbo jam

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i relize i need to lose weight to live healthy.

Serenity8675 08-27-2009 01:18 PM

First name: Meg

Geographical location: Pittsburgh, PA

Marital Status: Living with my boyfriend :love:

Occupation: I have a full-time job, and am also a part-time student (nursing)

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, fashion, reading, Pittsburgh sports, going out with friends, medicine/nursing, movies, exercise, yoga

Eye/Hair Color: green/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/27/09

Starting Weight: 160 lbs.

Present Weight: 160 lbs.

Goal Weight: 135 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: late night eating after I get home from class, hypothyroidism

Following any specific plan: Not really. I am eating 1,500 calories per day. Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays I go to the gym right after work for at least an hour and then walk 2 miles home. Sundays are for yoga - I go to a studio rather than trying to do it at home - it makes a huge difference, I love it!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm adjusting to living with my boyfriend and not being in complete control of what goes into the fridge. He's also trying to lose weight though, so I think it will be a big help to have someone there who is dealing with the same issues. I'm also trying to set smaller goals for myself. I always say I want to lose x amount of pounds, and it's some huge number that seems completely daunting. Just trying to take baby steps, stay positive and make a lifestyle change rather than become obsessed with the numer on the scale. :D

platformnine 08-27-2009 10:18 PM

First name: Mary

Geographical location: (Southern) New Jersey

Marital Status: Dating my wonderful boyfriend, John :)

Children/Ages: -

Pets: 2 rabbits, 2 cats, 2 dogs, fish

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, spinning (yarn), drawing, web & graphic design, photography, dancing, swimming, walking, hiking, skiing

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Red (naturally, of course)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 19, 2009

Starting Weight: 222lb

Present Weight: 205lb

Goal Weight: 135lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food. I'm Irish and Italian. We like to eat. Lots.

Following any specific plan: Exercise, portion control, and making healthier eating choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: That it's actually working for once.

Anything else you would like to share with us: So happy to have found this site!!!