Pets: 3 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Make-up/Cosmetics, Music, Animals

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Black/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 3, 2008

Starting Weight: 193

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My boyfriend! He supports me and all... but damn him for eating all those juicy burgers and fried chicken in my face. *******!

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories a day, no meals after 7 -Plain and SIMPLE.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually sticking to it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hate exercising.
  • First name: Kirsten

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: No children!

Pets: A dog and two cats, whom I adore!

Hobbies/Interests: Love shopping, singing, and spending time with friends and family

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: eye color is hazel, and hair is dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: may 2008

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I can't seem to get motivated

Following any specific plan: Right now I am trying to do weight watchers, and exercising about 4 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually want to stick to it, I have always said oh i will do it but never did. Now I really want to do it and see results

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to start with this and begin losing weight and keep it off!
  • my profile!
    First name: Lisa

Geographical location:Tampa, FL

Marital Status:in a relationship

Children/Ages:none

Pets:dog

Hobbies/Interests:playing music, arts and crafts

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01/06/09

Starting Weight:295

Present Weight:295

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:not tasting things at the bakery I work in

Following any specific plan:weight loss clinic

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:this is not some fad diet my mom is shoving down my throat

Anything else you would like to share with us: GO BULLS!!!
  • First name: Mary

Geographical location: Ann Arbor (ish), Michigan

Marital Status: Very single

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: One dog

Hobbies/Interests: All sorts of music, all sorts of sports, history, learning German, reading, Sudoku, video games, lifting weights

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My whole life but I started this change on 1-8-09

Starting Weight: 315 (at its highest)

Present Weight: 290

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Not eating so much pasta, finding the time to work out and believing in what I'm doing.

Following any specific plan: Fat Smash

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first diet (of the many I have been on) that I actually enjoy. I'm eating only healthy food and I'm not hungry.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been the same weight (within 30 lbs) since the 8th grade. I have back and knee problems, I go to a chiropractor and I've had high blood pressure since I was 16. I am funned out and completely encouraged by this program. And this forum has been incredibly helpful in this process the last few days, so thank you all!
  • First name: Amy

Geographical location: IL

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping, movies

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2008

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 215.4

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cutting out soda. I CRAVE Mt. Dew. Also, adding in veggies. I can't stand them. Never have been able to. Believing in myself, and knowing that I can do it.

Following any specific plan: cutting calories and working out more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have really committed myself this time. Started a blog, joined this website, and told all of my family and friends.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm afraid I won't be able to do it.
  • First name: Miranda

Geographical location: Philly area

Marital Status: 2.5 year relationship

Children/Ages: nope

Occupation: full time student, test proctor, free lance arty person

Pets: 3 couch potato bulldogs who are lazier than I am.

Hobbies/Interests: theater, movies, make up, special effects, animals, playing with the puppies, painting, goofing off with the boy, the internet

Height: 5'3" ish

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/ dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time, January 1st 2009

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 145.75

Goal Weight: 125 for now. I'll see how my body feels when I get there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: French fries and sticking to the exercise when I get busy. Not getting discouraged when I plateu (sp?)

Following any specific plan: using Fitday to keep track of everything. Eating between 1220 and 1550 calories a day. Starting a cardio routine and beefing up my free weights.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing the cardio and really exercising, instead of just cutting back on what I eat. I don't just want to lose weight. I want to be healthy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm always amazed how much better I feel after i exercise for a while.
  • First name: Cee

Geographical location: MD

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 kids, ages 5 and 2

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: bowling and reading

Height: 5-8

Eye/Hair Color: eyes brown, hair brown (this week)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2008 (this time)

Starting Weight: 284

Present Weight: 277

Goal Weight: 180 (1st goal) 165 (second goal)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating

Following any specific plan: a mixture of slimfast and lean cuisine and my own exercise plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I want it so bad I can taste it; it fills me up and consumes me; makes me so full, I put the ice cream away...

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • Shared by the 100lb Club forum -

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information

First name: Lydiann

Geographical location: Valley Village, CA (Los Angeles area)

Marital Status: living with a SO

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 cats that I worship named Baloo and Pickles Sorel

Hobbies/Interests: Astrology (pisces), nature, water, cards, board games, reading, hiking, etc.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I was 14

Starting Weight: most recently 160, but I have been as heavy as 180 and as low as 105

Present Weight: 152.6

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging, compulsive eating, nighttime/boredom snacking

Following any specific plan: WW, vegetarian

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm using this site for support and just in the few days that I've been on it, it has khelped me tremendously! I think it's that boredom issue because carousing this site is fun and takes my mind off eating.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Chronic dieter looking for stability and consistency
  • First name:Brittani

Geographical location: West Texas (Fort Stockton)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: someday

Pets: Mattie (dog)

Hobbies/Interests: Sports, movies, dancing, tv shows, lake, river

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 2006

Starting Weight:190

Present Weight:160

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Moving

Following any specific plan: basic LA weightloss

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm single and need a man. I also want to look HOT in my bikini this summer!
  • First name: Sabrina

Geographical location: Los Angeles, California (USA) - Doh, I know.

Marital Status: I have a boyfriend of 2 years.

Children/Ages: No kids for me, thanks though! :P

Occupation: Full-time student, though I'm looking for an office job as well.

Pets: Zilch.

Hobbies/Interests: I always copy and paste this one --
    In my spare time I like to play video games (mostly PC), watch movies (a lot of movies, if you have any recommendations let me know!), and read news - a lot of tech and gizmo stuff. Other things that I find of interest are: haircare, tennis, golf, travel, foreign culture, and MONOPOLY the boardgame. I really enjoy trying new things.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Aw man my eyes are beautiful! lol Jk... sorta. :P You know, I don't really stare at myself in the mirror or anything but about 3/4 days ago I took some ECU shots and MAN - MANN!!! My eyes are pretty attractive for brown. :P Hair color is dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sunday, January 11th.

Starting Weight: 233LBS

Present Weight: 228LBS

Goal Weight: 170/160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating the right foods. I love pizza and I love potatoes, oh and I absolutely go crazy for sugary cookies or cakes. Bah, it's horrible. Not big on candy though. Also if the food is kept out of the house I'm okay. I don't go shopping for cookies and cakes normally. I'd like to start eating healthier and I'm hoping to stay away with highly processed foods.

Following any specific plan: Right now I'm doing detox. Not sure if I'm going to stick with it for 6 days, I'd like to detox longer. I haven't really felt a whole lot of difference. Lost the 5LBS that I gained during Christmas. After Detox I'm thinking of either going on low-calorie intake, Atkins or Weight Watchers.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Mmm... I haven't cheated so far. :P

Anything else you would like to share with us: GL to everyone! AND if you live near LA, it would be so great to find some chicks to work out with!! <3
  • The New Girl
    First name: Emily

Geographical location: Nashville, TN

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: Sadly, none.

Hobbies/Interests: Creating mosaics, movies, writing, reading, knitting.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 5, 2008

Starting Weight: Not sure right now

Present Weight: Not sure of that either

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm recovering from bulimia, and my biggest hurdle is staying away from the guilt induced binge-purge cycles.

Following any specific plan: Right now, I'm trying the Slim in 6 program.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually publicly documenting my journey in an online blog. It feels different to be accountable to something - I feel much more aware.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to make new friends and be supportive to those who are in the same boat as I am.
  • First name: Robin

Geographical location: Vista, Ca (northern San Diego County)

Marital Status: Engaged!!*

Children/Ages: 0 thank goodness

Pets: 1 cat named Leo, my baby boy <3

Hobbies/Interests: partying like a rockstar, going to local concerts and supporting local bands, after parties, hanging out with friends, random adventures, cartoons, my cat, sleeping

Height: 5'1" Short people rule!

Eye/Hair Color: Dark dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around 1/12

Starting Weight:221

Present Weight:221

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stop being lazy and exercise

Following any specific plan: not really

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Taking things slow instead of starting everything full force all at once.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking for a buddy so hit me up!
    First name:Rebecca

Geographical location:Arizon

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:not yet

Pets:A rabit Lilly and a Bird Cloud

Hobbies/Interests:Writing, Reading

Height:Not sure I think 5'5 ish

Eye/Hair Color:Brown and Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:not sure but I thnk im like 275+

Starting Weight:arond 275

Present Weight:just starting this so 275

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Chocolate! and my own lack of will power

Following any specific plan:WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Have a partner who is helping me who has done this with resalts

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im doing this for me, I have never been thin. I have always been OW and I'm tired of hating myself for it.
  • First name: Tanya

Geographical location: Saskatchewan

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Girl-4 months

Pets: 3 cats! If I wasn't married I would be considered the crazy cat lady.

Hobbies/Interests: Taking care of my daughter. TV. Reading

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. Jan 13

Starting Weight: 153

Present Weight: 153

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing weight in a healthy way and sticking to it.

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just eat healthier food and move more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be as healthy as I can so that I can be a good role model for my daughter.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have this weird obsession with Richard Simmons. I don't know what it is. It could be his big frizzy hair, his sparkly outfits or those awesome dance moves.
  • First name:Kayla

Geographical location: Vidor

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:1 Boy, Kyler 4 years old;1 girl, Davilynne 9 months old

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:I love to cook (go figure , go to the movies, listening to music, and of course just hanging out with my kids and my husband

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:February 12, 2009

Starting Weight:268

Present Weight:268

Goal Weight:120-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:My biggest hurdle will be overcoming temptation, you know watching everyone in the house eating whatever they can get their hands on (and not gain a pound!) while I am eating everything thats good for me.

Following any specific plan:I have reversed my eating, counting calories, and exercising daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am determined to stick to it, before I wasn't really motivated, it was something that I needed to do not wanted to do...but now I WANT to do it!

Anything else you would like to share with us: