3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

alybell25 03-03-2009 04:14 PM

First name: Aly

Geographical location: New to NYC (Home sweet home is San Francisco)

Marital Status: Newlywed!

Children/Ages: None for quite some time (husband is a med student, I am a workaholic, no time!)

Pets: Desperately want a dog or kitten...left my childhood pets back in California with my parents :-(

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, fashion, baseball, animals

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! (3/3/09)

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving in to temptation. I have little to no will power.

Following any specific plan: Following my husband's lead (before I met him he lost about 100 lbs and is in amazing shape) - basically sensible eating and exercise. My problem isn't really moderation, I don't eat huge portions - but what I eat can be SO bad. I also have been so lazy when it comes to exercising over the past year. Ugh.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I thought it would have been my wedding...but I just couldn't get my act together. I think the fact that I'm turning 24 soon (the last year of my early 20's bleh) kind of made me realize this is the time in my life I should look my BEST, I shouldn't feel so frumpy as a freaking 23 year old! I've been chubby my entire life and I'm just so sick of it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Something in me just clicked today....I stumbled upon these message boards by a complete and random accident and have spent all afternoon (whoops - sorry job!) reading through posts. It is so inspiring and made me think what the heck am I doing!? It's not impossible to lose weight! You all are already so inspiring.

NineApricots 03-03-2009 09:28 PM

Hi all

First name (if you want to tell): Amy

Geographical location: Suburb of Columbus, OH

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none, unless you count my minpin Rocky

Occupation: Public Relations Assistant for municipal government

Pets: Rocky - Miniature Pinscher

Hobbies/Interests: reading, wine, writing, serving every whim of my tiny tyrant of a dog

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: green-gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/27

Starting Weight: 292

Present Weight: 292

Goal Weight: I'd like to get down to 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love eating! It has become such a focal point of my socializing with friends.... and I hate cooking at home. Tom Colicchio would not be proud!

Following any specific plan: Not sure quite yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: After suffering for a month of debilitating headaches (treated for sinus infection, migraines, to no avail) a visit to the ER crossed my paths with an astute ER doc who was tipped off by some of my symptoms and a week (A CT/MRI and a spinal tap later) I've been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri (intracranial hypertension).

They're still learning a lot about the condition, but do know it strikes overweight women of child-bearing age most often. I had never had a problem until recently, after a significant weight gain (thanks to the stress of moving to a new town, new job, general all-around winter laziness...).

My neurologist thinks that losing weight (even 10% of my body weight) may be enough to greatly help the condition, if not push it towards remission. If left untreated, the condition will continue to cause terrible headaches, and can also lead to blindness. If that's not motivating, I don't know what will be!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to sharing the experience with others in a similar situation. I never thought at 27 I'd be facing health-related problems linked to my weight, its an eye-opener, and just goes to show, it is NEVER to soon to make yourself and your health a TOP priority.

CakeBatter 03-04-2009 12:37 PM

First name: ashlan

Geographical location: VA

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: n/a

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, shopping, working out, hanging out

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 28, 2008

Starting Weight: 215.8

Present Weight: 181.4

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Working out and not getting discourage when I don't lose each week...no "all or nothing" attitude!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't have a deadline. I am simply losing weight to look and feel better for myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: 3FC is awesome!

crazyapes323 03-04-2009 01:47 PM

Brand new!

First name:April

Geographical location:CA

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:1 boy who 16months

Pets:1 cat named CP

Hobbies/Interests:I like theatre arts

Height:5'0

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/brwn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12/01/08

Starting Weight:250

Present Weight:220

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Sweets, and trying not to starve my family in the process

Following any specific plan:the Idiot Proof Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm on a specific diet

Anything else you would like to share with us:My Husband is on a gain weight diet so it makes it extra hard
Suzanne 3FC is offline Reply With Quote

wannabeskinnyagain 03-04-2009 04:09 PM

First name: Heather

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Maggie 2 yrs.

Pets: 2 minpins Rocky & Oscar

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, archery, photography, fixing up our new home

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Summer of 08

Starting Weight: 198

Present Weight: 179.6

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to work out while being a working wife/mother. It also doesn't help that I have no will power.

Following any specific plan: Not really I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but I'm about 40lbs more than my ideal weight.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually working out this time instead of just using a crazy diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to be comfortable in my body by summer.

caseygail21 03-05-2009 12:08 AM

First name: Casey

Geographical location: Arkansas

Marital Status: Single (but happily taken)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Boston Terrior named Duff and a Pug named Gus

Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, Walks at the park, Nutrition, anything that has to do with weight loss

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Novermber 5, 2006 (yes I remember the exact date.)

Starting Weight: 190ish (didn't weigh often :S)

Present Weight: 162

Goal Weight:135/140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I've hit a 160 wall and I'm currently trying to get past this. It's very easy to lose motivation once you stop seeing the number on the scale going down.

Following any specific plan: Eat right and Exorcise baby!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's not just about looks anymore, I want to be healthy and feel good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've recently "fallen off the wagon" One of my greatest fears is to completely lose track and gain all the weight back. I'm still about 25 lbs from goal and I really want to get there!

Carli 03-05-2009 12:34 AM

Introducing..me!

First name: Carli

Geographical location: Sandy, Utah, USA

Children/Ages: baby girl Lily/10 months old

Pets: Yorkie puppy, Manny (also known as the furry second child)

Hobbies/Interests: New moms don't have time for hobbies! :p I like to cook, rent movies, mostly just hang out my family.

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes and brown hair (most of the time)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/15/09

Starting Weight: 239.4

Present Weight: 228.4

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom/emotion eating and a tendancy to gravitate towards unhealthy foods.

Following any specific plan: A cleanse diet recommended to my MIL by a doctor. It works in phases, so it starts out really restrictive and gradually gets easier.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My cause. Before I was doing it for me, so it was easy to make an excuse to myself and justify quitting in my mind. This time I am doing it for my daughter.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Everyone has been SO awesome on here so far! I've only just joined a couple days ago, but everyone is completely amazing and helpful and encouraging! I really was getting frustrated feeling like I was the only one enduring this struggle, but to have so many great women willing to open up to each other and support each other without feeling competitive or jealous or whatever is exactly what I needed!

cherrykissez011 03-06-2009 04:22 PM

First name: nadine

Geographical location: rochester, mi

Marital Status: not married (in a serious relationship)

Occupation: Full time Student and part-time job at a boarding kennel

Pets: dakoda, 4yr old golden retriever

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, being outside, tanning, and napping

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown hair highlighted, blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 23rd, 2008

Starting Weight: 173lb

Present Weight: 169lb

Goal Weight:137lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: controlling hunger

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i lost 82lbs before, but stopped watching what i ate and gained 30lbs over almost 2 years. this time im going to maintain FOREVER!

Vegaspunkermom 03-07-2009 10:39 AM

First name: Marcie

Geographical location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Marital Status: Happily Married :D

Children/Ages: Makenna: 4, Maddox: 2, & James: 10 months

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, Scrapbooking, Reality TV, Gambling, Exercising

Eye/Hair Color: Baby blue/ Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 28th, 2008

Starting Weight: 209lbs.

Present Weight: 179lbs.

Goal Weight: 155lbs. (at least!!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting off my butt to exercise!!

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, Portion control, & exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im done having children, I want my body back, & I want it BAD!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im very happy to be here! :D

Kecia08 03-07-2009 08:00 PM

First name: Kecia

Geographical location: Georgia

Pets: Golden Retriever named Charmin

Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, Movies, Music, Hanging out with family and friends

Eye/Hair Color: Bluish Gray/Auburn

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: Have been on and off since 2007...But I am starting over today!

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to a plan! I start out doing great, then slack off until I am not longer losing weight...

Following any specific plan: Just going to eat healthy and exercise 3-4 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: We are very ready to start a family, but I want to be healthier first.

Anything else you would like to share with us: After a miscarriage in February, I realized that I really need to be in better shape to have a child. Therefore, I hope to lose at least 30 pounds before getting pregnant again. However, I will be striving for my goal until I get a positive!

dkneec19 03-08-2009 01:23 PM

I don't remember if I've done this. Don't think I have.... :)

First name:Denise

Geographical location:Minnesota

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets: If you count my parents dogs- 4 Clyde, Pepper, Mimi, Fella

Hobbies/Interests: Music Music Music

Height:5'11"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/08

Starting Weight: 251

Present Weight:238

Goal Weight: 175 or below

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Emotional Eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and consistently working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I finally feel I am worth it.

Anything else you would like to share with us:High Fructose Corn Syrup scares me

smoothie757 03-08-2009 08:30 PM

First name: D!

Geographical location:Richmond, VA

Marital Status: Successfully Single :D

Children/Ages: I still feel like a child!

Pets: I wish!

Hobbies/Interests: interior design, drawing anything that involves straight lines, learning to ride a motorcycle, organizing and color coding (obsessive, much?)

Height: 5'4.5

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
Jan 4, 1985...my birthday technically counts as MY new year!

Starting Weight:296.5

Present Weight:282

Goal Weight:195ish...I've never weighed under 200lbs as an adult, so this would be great!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Sticking to the Frickin' plan! I lose a little bit of weight, get some extra room in my jeans and its all over. I'm headed to McDonalds.

Following any specific plan:
A modified Michael Thurmond 6-week body makeover. Modified of course to include cheese, condiments and fruity drinks.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm getting older and I DON'T want this (weight) adversely affecting my health! I'm treating it like an ex-boyfriend!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

gaarmywife2007 03-09-2009 04:33 PM

First name: Jacynth

Geographical location: Pembroke, GA

Marital Status: Married -- LOVE my husband!!!

Children/Ages: Kyle/9

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: music!!, shopping, reading, watching movies

Height: depends on who you ask...I say I'm 5'4.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown highlighted hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 7, 2009

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 212

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Self-control

Following any specific plan: no....that could pose a problem later

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was just diagnosed with diabetes...no more procrastination if I want to live

janeberry 03-09-2009 06:01 PM

Hi everyone! So glad to have found this forum, it's really great.

First name: Jane

Geographical location: Frankfurt, Germany

Marital Status: it's complicated...

Pets: no thanks

Hobbies/Interests: reading, travel, history, cycling, attempting to be a runner

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: with serious commitment- today, 9th March

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to a plan..I love going to the gym and given a choice choose healthy food as favourites, but finding the energy to maintain habits gets me every time..

Following any specific plan: going to try eating similar to sonoma plan guidelines and regular exercise of some form 5x week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a really bad cycling accident last July (partially why I need to lose now- ended up gaining 15 lbs due to medications) that resulted in medical treatment for 5+ months (still have physio). Now, I can use my right hand and arm again, thank the lord, but to about 90% of what it was. Weightlifting on machines, pull ups or push ups, certain stretches etc. are not a physical possibility for me anymore, which really stinks.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm fed up with having a closet full of cute clothes and not being able to wear them anymore. To force my bum into action, I've signed up to do the half marathon in Windsor, England this September. Better get started :dizzy:

calisa86 03-10-2009 04:28 PM

First name:CaLisa!!!!!

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages:0

Pets: Roscoe, my love!

Hobbies/Interests: photography, biking, hiking, dancing, hanging out with friends, beach, bars, anything

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/ Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1st, 2009

Starting Weight: 244

Present Weight: 235

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated. Sharing my journey with others. Being open with my emotions. Staying in control.

Following any specific plan: Healthy eating habits and gym gym gym, bike bike bike, swim, swim swim, hike, hike, hike.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a lot of personal goals I want to reach this year. On February 26th, the doctor told me I had to lose 100 pounds. My entire family is sick from eating and weight related diseases. This is my year.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Yes, I want you all to know that you are loved and deserve health and happiness. Soldier on my brave ladies! :hug:

elle w 19 03-11-2009 03:10 AM

First name: elle

Geographical location: los angeles, ca

Marital Status: i just picked out the ring!!

Children/Ages: just a cat

Pets: c.c. the cat

Hobbies/Interests: lately, anything but studying--cleaning, zoning out, joking around with my sister, cuddling with my boyfriend, petting my cat (pretty lame, right?)

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: age 15, when my father passed away unexpectedly

Starting Weight: 259

Present Weight: 259

Goal Weight: 147 (5 pounds less than I one successful time I lost weight before)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: packing lunch/snacks/dinner 5 days a week for school, avoiding the vending machine filled with DR. PEPPER (and no, Diet DP is NOT the same), having some willpower

Following any specific plan: i signed up for weight watchers online but haven't really used it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i can feel my body begging me to take care of it--i've endangered it so much over the past 5 years

Anything else you would like to share with us: i would really like to meet some other ladies in law school or in the los angeles area!

Gypsy Severina 03-12-2009 10:26 PM

First name: Gaia

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: not

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 evil world-conquering beta fish named Beelzebub

Hobbies/Interests: Writing (career choice), painting, drawing, cooking, shopping

Height: 5'7 3/4"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/ currently purple and black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Geez, I don't remember... let's go with today, 3/12/2009

Starting Weight: 296

Present Weight: 287.7

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Night-time eating and

Following any specific plan: Nutritionist

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm sick of feeling horrible about the way I look and feel and just basically waiting around for a heart attack to take me. I'm 20 years old, at the very beginning of the prime of my life, and I'm sick to death of being scared to live because it might not be for long. I did this to myself and I have to be the one to change it.

Roxi1528 03-12-2009 11:11 PM

First name: Danielle

Geographical location:VA

Marital Status:Engaged!!!:love::love:

Children/Ages:0

Pets:cat(Roxi)

Hobbies/Interests:Shopping for shoes!!!,hanging out with the family and kissing my sweetie!!!

Height:5'2

Eye/Hair Color:green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/13/2009

Starting Weight:180

Present Weight:180

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Willpower!!!!:(

Following any specific plan:Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to lose weight so I can look and feel great on my wedding day and to just be overall healthy!!!

icandoallthings6613 03-13-2009 01:49 PM

First name: Margaret

Geographical location: Los Angeles, CA and Rhode Island

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: at home, a golden retriever named Ophelia, and two cats, Hercules and Misty.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, the outdoors.

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, dark blonde hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Early 2008, I guess.

Starting Weight: 197

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 150, give or take. I'm not sure, I've never weighed less than 168 as an adult before.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Late night eating, stress eating.

Following any specific plan: Nope, just eating better and moving more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've really tried to lose a lot of weight, and hopefully the last!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Um, not really, I guess! Just happy to be here!

skatardrummer 03-14-2009 01:56 AM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: SE Michigan

Children/Ages: No

Pets: 2 cats, Oreo and Katie

Hobbies/Interests: Percussion, Piano, Art

Height: 69"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Um, my whole life?

Starting Weight: 352

Present Weight: 295.5

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My body rejects weightloss

Following any specific plan: GBP surgery

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Yeah, this time my body is forced to lose weight, although it's still going kicking and screaming

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm embarassed that I had to have surgery. It was the only way they deemed.

LuckyJules 03-16-2009 12:01 AM

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Little Canada, Minnesota

Marital Status: Divorced, but in a relationship

Children/Ages: No children (I just have fur children!)

Pets: 11 year old dog Emmie (Bichon), 4 year old dog Selby (Pembroke Welsh Corgi), 2 year old sister kitties Dot and Beacon, 10 month old cat Jim, 1 year old hamsters siblings Elmer and Eleanor

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, Photography & Scrapbooking, Cars, Music, Reading, Wine

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1st, 2009

Starting Weight: About 155

Present Weight: About 145

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just LOVE food!

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting and Diet Log

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More motivation than I've ever had in the past

sxulcmnky 03-16-2009 11:29 AM

First name: Sally

Geographical location: Accokeek, MD (suburbs of Washington, DC)

Marital Status: Single, but with the person i'm sure i'll marry

Children/Ages: n/a :(

Pets: 1 cat named Phoebe

Hobbies/Interests: sleeping :D, hiking, knitting, reading

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sept 07

Starting Weight: 223

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving up the crap food for healthier alternatives

Following any specific plan: calorie counting/walking

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i know i will succeed as i have people around me now who are willing to be supportive

Anything else you would like to share with us: i suffer from endometriosis which makes it difficult to deal with everyday life. i'm also bi-polar

homiegiiib 03-16-2009 12:51 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Stephanie

Geographical location: North Carolina

Pets: None but I adore dogs :)

Hobbies/Interests: church, music, playing my guitar/piano/flute, photography, skating, exercising, being outdoors

Eye/Hair Color: brown/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: haha, it feels like I am always starting :P but getting back to it, I would say since yesterday Sunday, March 15, 2009

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 287

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My relationship with food is definitely not a healthy one! Exercise I can do, but once I have a craving for something sweet or salty, I tend to give in. Fast food is something that really hurts me as well. Also, I never make time for myself. I am to busy helping others (which there is nothing wrong with that) but I need to focus on my needs such as my weight loss.

Following any specific plan: No specific plan, just trying to exercise and eat better.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I have an awesome community :) I think I NEED someone to hold me accountable because it doesn’t seem like I ever am able to hold myself accountable. Now that I have joined a community, I’m hoping to make some good friends here to help me along with this journey :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I’m very excited about starting here :)

Bubu 03-16-2009 03:40 PM

First name: Bubu

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: -

Pets: 2 guinea pigs, (1 dog back at home in Europe)

Hobbies/Interests: drawing, art history, animals, computers, design, music, reading

Height: 5'8" (173 cm)

Eye/Hair Color: blue, dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: don't remember, 3 years ago

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: 132-134

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food temptations (chocolate comes first)

Following any specific plan: getting there by learning to count calories, proteins/carbs/fat, looking for new exercises

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: a different life and new environment

Anything else you would like to share with us: glad I found some support!

CTripp924 03-17-2009 10:50 AM

First name: Chelsey

Geographical location: VA

Children/Ages: a 2 year old daughter

Pets: Puppy named Zoë

Hobbies/Interests: reading, playing video games, watching movies

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/10/08

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 163

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping up exercise and staying away from sweets.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to watch what I eat, I also try to do either an indoor walking video, YBB or TJ at least four times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've noticed what a better mood I'm in when I exercise

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm also currently dealing with depression and am thinking the exercising will help with that as well.

MtnChic 03-20-2009 02:50 PM

First name: Lizz

Geographical location: Northern Virginia

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: None, just fur kids :cool:

Pets: 3 dogs, Diesel, Lena, and Suzy.

Hobbies/Interests: Backpacking, skiing, gardening, showing dogs, and going wine tasting.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/25/2009

Starting Weight: 147.8

Present Weight: 133.6

Goal Weight: 125 (?)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definitely booze lol, I love wine tasting and going to all the local vinyards, and hubby and I homebrew also...

Following any specific plan: Biggest Loser competition between Hubby and I started this mess lol. Basically, just trying to eat healthily/less calories and get some exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having some one else to be accountable to, and to go through all this with me.

tenderbaby 03-20-2009 03:58 PM

First name:Marry

Geographical location: BG

Pets: white Persian cat,named Rea and white Shar pei,named Wrinkle.. I have some obssession with white animals.. but i couldn't have a white bear..so...

Hobbies/Interests: reading, PS2,music, snowboarding,

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/01/09

Starting Weight: 138

Present Weight: 128.7

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the lack of support from everyone around me and sweets

Following any specific plan: Not really.. In fact i eat mostly vegetables and poutry,sometimes plain yogurt,tofu and soups. I completely forgot the taste of bread and everything of the kind-no rice,potatoes and pasta... At the moment i am interested in the south beach diet,which is very near to my current plan,and i cut the fruits as well... I think for 2 weeks. I run on the beach 2 times a week and visit the gym when i can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have results. I am happy because i find my plan is working for me and i don't feel like i'm starving.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really motivated this time to reach my goal ;)

Abizzle 03-20-2009 05:01 PM

My Profile!

First name:Ashley

Geographical location: Arnold, Missouri

Marital Status: Married 4 years!

Children/Ages: Mia-3, Donovan-16 mos, Candace-4 mos

Pets:None :(

Hobbies/Interests: Politics. I'm a news junkie!

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 December 2008

Starting Weight:208

Present Weight:189

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating enough, then binging

Following any specific plan: Slim Fast Optima

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really tried in the past. I didn't gain weight until I started having babies.

Anything else you would like to share with us: sorry...i'm boring!

Suzanne 3FC is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

NicoleeOlee 03-21-2009 02:52 PM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Utah

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: 2 dogs:)

Hobbies/Interests: i have a weakness for movies, hanging out with friends, walking my dogs

Height: 6'2

Eye/Hair Color: blue, dark reddish blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long time! taking it seriously March 8, 2009

Starting Weight: 267

Goal Weight: 185

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: learning that it takes time and that i need to stick with it. Even on the days i don't want to:)

Following any specific plan: just eating right very aware of protion sizes and lots of exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've done it before but newly married and back surgery and the lbs just came creeping back. I'm ready now... i can see where i am and where i am going.
I have support here and at home. My husband is involved and so in my roommate. It keeps me on track.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that i can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings for all of us! Good Luck everyone!

Mickeypnd 03-25-2009 12:49 PM

First name: Lindsay

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: one dog/sable

Hobbies/Interests: Love to read. HISTORY! Old movies are my passion. Being outside

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: IDK somewhere in Feb. I think the 14th

Starting Weight: 206

Present Weight: 203

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it. even when i don't want to. Eating better:goodscale

Following any specific plan: Eat right. Work out. :ebike:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Get a bad gallbladder, and you'll stick to eating better. lmao. Now its about my health, and that my hubby is smaller then me. :stress:

Anything else you would like to share with us: everyone in their own special way deserves to get what they want!:hug::goodluck:

jennsreadytolose 03-25-2009 01:44 PM

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Atlanta, GA

Marital Status: I have a b/f may as well be my husband though.

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Gees too many to list.

Hobbies/Interests: Music, shows, and for the first time ever eating healthy.

Height: A whopping 5'4".

Eye/Hair Color: Green, at this point and time red.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2009.

Starting Weight: 169

Present Weight: 153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a few of those...
1) Salad, water, and running are not going to kill me after all.
2) Just because I mess up one day, all is not lost and ruined forever and ever and quit. (I've gotten better at this, hence the weight loss ;) )
3) This will take time, time and more time. I have zero patience don't know if that will ever change about me though.

Following any specific plan: Low calorie, the 30 day shred, plus more....exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My overall attitude. I KNOW I am going to stick it out this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I still hate exercise lol.

SweetScrumptious 03-26-2009 02:35 AM

First name: Caitlin

Geographical location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Marital Status: dating

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 cats (1 Siamese, 1 Tortioushell)

Hobbies/Interests: gym, outside exercise, movies, animals, drawing

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 2009 [when I started being serious about it]

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 110-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self-confidence

Following any specific plan: none specifically; just trying to exercise regularly and eat nutritiously

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have the mind set that I don't want to struggle any more; it is time for ME

Anything else you would like to share with us: just hope we can all accomplish our goals :)

flutterbyhiding 03-26-2009 10:23 AM

First name:Amanda

Geographical location: CT

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages: not yet

Pets:an almost 3 year old bichon frise, and temporarily a little maltese

Hobbies/Interests: yoga, beading, reading, writing, shopping, spending time with my doggie, walking, music, psychology

Height:4ft 9

Eye/Hair Color:eyes are mostly green and my hair is dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:when I was 11?

Starting Weight: Well, this time around I'd say around 110 lbs

Present Weight: not sure

Goal Weight: 90 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: other people getting concerned and interfering

Following any specific plan: no, just walking as much as time allows and eating what I like in smaller portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not rushing the process, and more importantly, not engaging in any unhealthy behaviors to meet my goal. No purging, starving, diet pills, etc.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have a history of anorexia and bulimia, so that is why I am emphasizing the healthy part. Actually, the balance between healthy and disordered is still a struggle but this site is helping me with that. I am seeing that many people both on here and in real life have trouble with keeping their dieting from becoming excessive whether or not they have had a full blown eating disorder, so I don't feel so alone in this.

Thanks guys!

Saramommy 03-27-2009 04:32 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: California, US

Children/Ages: 2 on earth, 1 in heaven

Pets: Cat, name is Jack

Hobbies/Interests: reading novels, politics, watching TV, photography, shopping

Height: 5 ft 7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: March 23, 2009

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight: 128

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: motivation to exercise

Following any specific plan: Not really, trying a workout video.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I've never been this heavy...having 3 pregnancies in 3 years will do that to you!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get motivated and lose all my weight in the next year!! :)

Tara415 03-27-2009 04:52 PM

First name: Tara

Geographical location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Children/Ages: Trenton, 5

Occupation: Graduate Student in Teaching, Learning, and Teacher Education (my endorsement area is English)

Pets: Two kitties - Spook and Squeak

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with family and friends, reading, writing, teaching, learning new things, meeting new people, day trips to random places (museums, plays, thrift stores, used bookstores), shopping on etsy, traveling, jogging, random acts of kindness, board games, people watching, and pottery painting

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 23, 2009

Starting Weight: 205.5

Present Weight: 202.5

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Taking time from the natural chaos of life to plan adequately for healthy meals/exercise and then reflecting each week on my choices to see where to improve.

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I've often tried to do it on my own, but I finally am realizing that this time, in order to be successful, I need to hold myself accountable for my own lifestyle choices and surround myself with a supportive community.

Anything else you would like to share with us: While I have only been a member of this site for a little over a week, I find everyone here incredibly supportive and I look forwarding to spending time on these forums getting to know different people!

Dedge 03-28-2009 06:20 PM

First name: Dedge (nickname, pronounced Deedge)

Geographical location: Colorado

Pets: 2 dogs 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Never been comfortable enough to take many on :(

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 07, 2009

Starting Weight: 273

Goal Weight:153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cravings, self control

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Structure!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ready to let the true me shine!

Freezerpop 03-29-2009 03:38 PM

First name: Kelli

Geographical location: North Carolina

Children/Ages: 0!

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, graphic arts (pixel art mainly), knitting, making crafty things, and bellydancing.

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown (currently dyed black)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 10th, 2008

Starting Weight: 210 (my all-time high was 235)

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being broke.

Following any specific plan: Just plain old calorie counting and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've realized that I'm way too young to have so many health problems (gallstones, stomach ulcers, arthritis in my feet and ankles to name a few) and if I don't want it to keep getting worse, now is the time to do something about it. So yeah, the weight loss isn't my main goal this time, being healthier is. Also, being single now helps. ;) That gives me a lot more time to devote to working on myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nah, that just about sums it up. ;)

lady bug 03-30-2009 12:10 AM

First name: Kait

Geographical location: NY

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: one cat!

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a VW enthusiast, I spend most of my time tinkering with/reading about vw's.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2009

Starting Weight: 152

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: SELF CONTROL

Following any specific plan: Trying to minimize my bingeing and start regularly exercising. I already eat healthy, I just eat too much. I need to learn how to control my portions.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I never really had a weight issue, I was always healthy and active. Once I moved out onto my own, started eating out more and drinking I gained roughly 32lbs in about a year and a half. I now need to make a difference and actively change my habits.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My wardrobe has doubled over the past year and a half. I had to buy larger clothes that actually fit me, however I REFUSE to let go of my smaller jeans and dresses. Hopefully they will motivate me. :^: I want to feel great about myself again. Before gaining this weight I rarely wore makeup because I felt beautiful naturally. I now find myself putting on extravagant makeup to compensate for my weight. :(

tandifrass 03-30-2009 02:21 AM

After two months I just realized I haven't ever done this!

First name: Tandi

Geographical location: yucky cold MI

Marital Status: Almost engaged [lol]

Children/Ages: Brooklyn <3 a year last weekend

Occupation: Full time student and assistant manager at a department store looking for a change of career

Pets: never.

Hobbies/Interests: not alot of time for all that jazz. I read the shopaholic books, and I did scrapbook/do photography back in the day

Eye/Hair Color: bluest blue/brown, but ever changing!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 2 2009

Starting Weight: 166

Present Weight: 161.8

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating/being tired.

Following any specific plan: eating in moderation. 30 DS/C25K

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm committed. I have a support system set up with 3FC my bf is helping support me, and I can picture myself thinner!

Anything else you would like to share with us:I just really need to do this!! There are a few aspects of my life that need help, and I want to tackle them one by one!

meagan8477 03-30-2009 12:40 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Meagan

Geographical location: Texas (DFW area)

Children/Ages: No kiddos

Pets: None of my own, but the family I live with has 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: I love finding new music online. I also really enjoy movies when I can and I'm a big fan of TV. I spend a lot of time online and I collect autographs.

Height: 5'5 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today..? I guess I haven't officially "started" but I hope to start exercising this week. The food situation is hard because I have to eat what the family buys and it's not always healthy.

Starting Weight: 280-290 (haven't weighed yet)

Present Weight: Same

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Fast food gets me every time! I just have a hard time planning meals. I also love food and when I get together with my friends it's usually to go to dinner.

Following any specific plan: I'm not sure if I will or not

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've weighed more than ever before and I really hope to prevent myself from weighing in the 300's.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to be using a WiiFit and working out at Curves. I can use all the support I can get.