3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

thelittleflower 10-22-2009 01:31 AM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: In a relationship for a few months :)

Children/Ages: none, thank you!

Pets: Roscoe, black domestic shorthair kitten

Hobbies/Interests: learning new things, movies, going out, sleeeeeping

Height: 5'1.5''

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/21/09

Starting Weight: 149

Present Weight: 149

Goal Weight: 109

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to work out....HATE IT!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting ala Fitday! Love Fitday!!! As for exercise, going to try going to the gym 20 minutes at a time. Have to start out slow otherwise I will quit!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing it for ME. I was successful in dropping 80 pounds a few years ago but it slowly crept back on due to loss of good habits. Gotta get back on track!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I heart 3FC! This place is AWESOME!!!

onic28 10-22-2009 09:50 AM

First name: Olivia

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Not married, but in a committed relationship

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Slaving my life away at college is occupation enough!

Pets: Two dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, working out, learning about becoming healthy again.

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been an ongoing battle for a long time now

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 207.5

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Training my tastebuds and figuring out a meal & excerise plan that actually works.

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm mentally prepared and ready to go.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited ;)

shhjack 10-25-2009 08:26 PM

First name: Claire

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Single

Pets: none :(

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, traveling, trying to be healthy.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lets say I start 'officially' 10/26/2009...but everyday is a new battle.

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting to the gym, binge eating, being lazy in the kitchen--take out is err was my best friend.

Following any specific plan: I'm going to jump start with Dr. Siegals cookie diet--haha for 2 weeks then WW.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just more determined. I don't want to waste/limit my youth being fat. I want to really live!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just good luck to all :) and can't wait to start! :carrot:

jiggles77 10-26-2009 12:24 AM

First name: Claire

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: In a long-term relationship

Pets: none...yet! i reeeeally want a bulldog.

Hobbies/Interests: reading, crafting, walking, eating

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: i started this time october 19, 2009...but i've tried a bunch of times this past year...

Starting Weight: 127

Present Weight: 127

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: it takes me about a month of diet and exercise to lose a single pound which can be really disheartening.usually after a month of being really motivated and putting in lots of hard work, i give up. i have problems with overeating/emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: i started the fat smash diet on october 19, 2009.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i really really want this. i'm sick of being uncomfortable in my own skin.and i think what's truly different is that i've joined 3fc! i've been on here and posting (mainly in featherweights and fat smash forum) for a couple weeks and it's really helped to keep me on track more than i ever thought it would.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm really excited to be here and meet you all!

Sanna Maria 10-26-2009 03:54 AM

First name: Sanna

Geographical location: UK

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, walking.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Grey/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct 26, 2009

Starting Weight: 196

Present Weight: 196

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overcoming reluctance to exercise

Following any specific plan: To start with I will walk more and eat more healthily and drink water instead of fruit juice (my vice...).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'll do it sensibly and make sure I learn to maintain which is the hardest part for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Bluedande 10-26-2009 04:20 PM

First name: Emily

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: Married

Pets: 2 dogs!

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, baking, reading, movies, quilting and anything else crafty, music

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!

Starting Weight: 236

Present Weight: 236

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding the time to workout (and the energy), saying NO to binge eating, finding the money for healthy food, and much needed workout clothes, shoes, etc.

Following any specific plan: I'm going to start the Couch to 5 K program, and watch my calorie intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't think I've ever formally committed to losing weight. In the past it's just been a general sort of, "I weigh too much, I should eat less and exercise more." It was not nearly as goal oriented.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Wish me luck! I'm awfully nervous about this.

jazzang 10-26-2009 06:40 PM

First name: Jess

Geographical location: southern california

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: someday

Pets: someday

Hobbies/Interests: surfing, swimming, hiking, photography, camping, kayaking, sailing, knitting, building anything

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: bluish/greenish and sandy blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2009

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 129

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: chocolate cravings!

Following any specific plan: South beach diet - supercharged!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i have more time to be active and i'm more motivated than ever!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: i love seeing everone's progress pictures!! It is SO motivating to see a girl who's shaped like me make that transition to a lil' hot bod!!!
:D

AlexxusMich2 10-28-2009 09:15 PM

Hi World

First name: Alexxus

Geographical location: Tampa, FL

Children/Ages: No not yet

Pets: 2 Xavier and Anastasia dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Singing SHOPPING being a therapist to all my friends

Height: 5 4 3/4

Eye/Hair Color: black/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I officially will start Oct 31

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My broke:cry::cry:n heart

Following any specific plan: A mixture of principles from past plans.. 80% Raw and biggest loser workouts lol

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im different... I moved here to go to school and to start my life after serving in the armed forces for so long and not really having a say so in my life...but im glad i went bc uncle sam takes care of me now... Im tired of wishing and hoping to be smaller.... im just going to do it

Anything else you would like to share with us: Im finally admitting this to the world... but I do want to get married and have kids.... Ive just always said i didnt want to bc I was so scared it would never happen for me...There... i said it... MED SCHOOL OR BUST

eskridla 10-30-2009 10:35 AM

First name: Emily

Geographical location: Rockford, Il

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Max (2 1/2)

Pets: 1 cat: Gracie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading - Movies - Biggest Loser & So you think You can Dance - Gardening

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Eye(Brown) Hair (naturally: brown current: highlighted)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I officially began doing somethign about my weight Aug of 2009

Starting Weight: 202

Present Weight: 193

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making "Me Time" - Pregnancy weight (and hating I let myself fall to this point) - Healing from "tough times"

Following any specific plan: I see a "diet doctor". I know people have mixed feelings, but it worked for me before I got pregnant and I was able to maintain after I stopped seeing him. I also do cardio (3 rotations). I am hoping to eventually feel comfortable with weights.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: *I lost 50 pounds and felt and looked great about 3-4 years ago! Then I had my son, and had some difficulties (definately more than one) happen financially, relationships, emotional. I am now in counselign and educating myself on "Being aware of my actions" and then "Finding out why I do what I do" and "then taking ownership and my life back". I am tired of always doing for others, and really I am unhappy and not helping myself. I want my husband to "look at me that way" again and I don't want my son to have a "fat mom". I have always wanted to be thinner and like what I see physically in the mirror, who I want to see. I know this seems "shallow" and that's what I think I have never truly been honest with myself, but excuses and lies get you no where...so here's to honesty and ME!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have always been afraid to admit that I want to look good! and be thin! because I am afriad it won't happen and that would be the biggest disappointment and HURT!!! So now .... today .... I am admitting to others, and embracing the fear (because I'm terrified!!!) ... and I have to do this ... FOR ME!:cheer2::cheer2:

JessicaRT 10-30-2009 01:02 PM

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Eugene, Oregon (GO DUCKS)

Marital Status: Not married, but in a committed relationship

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: going out to the movies, camping, swimming, rafting

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been trying to lose weight off and on since I can remember (like 6th grade) but I started Atkins on 10-18-09

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 297

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating enough vegtables and eating at work

Following any specific plan: Atkins (low carb)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Over a year ago, I did low cal and exercise. It worked, but I gained it all back once i met my boyfriend. He fed me well when we were dating. Now that we live together we plan to get healthy together.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've never seen the scale below 180! even in jr. high i was about 185.. I really want to get past that point!

PlainJane23 11-01-2009 09:06 PM

First name: PJ

Geographical location: East Coast USA

Marital Status: Single and casually looking LOL

Children/Ages: None that I am aware of :)

Pets: 2 cats at home with the parents.

Hobbies/Interests: Acting, movies, theatre, books, cooking, shopping, makeup, college etc :)

Height: 4 11.5'

Eye/Hair Color: Green/ natural dirty blond - always changing - going back to medium brown soon for a while.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Um...birth? Sunday the 22nd of this month...though I am a yo-yo girl all the way.

Starting Weight: 137

Present Weight: 136

Goal Weight: 120/115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I REALLY love food and I lack motivation to get off my rump and go to the gym.

Following any specific plan: No...well....mildly South Beach but nothing written in stone. Just common sense I guess :):)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to get into the entertainment industry and I KNOW I have to look a certain way to even have a chance. I'll never be skinny - but I don't want to be a leading lady anyway. The best friend are always some of the best characters. ;);) I'm graduating soon so I have a fire under my butt at the moment.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I am pleased to meet all of you and look forward to working towards our goals together!!!

Channel 11-01-2009 09:40 PM

First name: Shanelle

Geographical location: California !

Marital Status: Single ....I will worry about marriage in 5-6years

Children/Ages: NONE! No kiddies for me until my career and life is in line

Occupation: Currently a Secretary..blah. but, I am going to be starting the nursing program in Jan...sooo I am a soon to be nurse <3

Pets: Two Dachshunds and an English Bulldog...I know, interesting combo

Hobbies/Interests: I love to laugh and be silly, scrapbook, sing, listen to music, learn (loveeee school), watch movies, shop, makeup, being around friends and family, rollercoasters!, anything about the human body interests me...especially the mind, helping others..etc

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: I have blue eyes with red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well, technically..I cannot say a starting date since I have always been on the heavy side :( and am always working on dropping weight !

Starting Weight: (my least favorite question) 198 :(

Present Weight: 198

Goal Weight: Hmm unrealistically 125 but realistically 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PORTION CONTROL. Ahh I am horrid with my portion sizes. I either eat too much or too little. At least my favorite foods are healthy ones but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing ;)

Following any specific plan: I know what my problem is so its about balancing out the portion sizes and eating throughout the day and not all towards the evening. Well that and staying as active as possible.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well this time I am actually seeking out support ..I feel that right there can make quite a difference (=

Anything else you would like to share with us: We all need change and growth in our lives...and I know its easy to give up when it comes to losing weight, but time passes regardless of what we do so why not start today and work towards something that will have a glorious outcome.

I wish everyone good luck on their journey !

Lauranna 11-03-2009 04:23 PM

First name: Laura

Geographical location: near Houston, TX

Marital Status: living with boyfriend of 2 years

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Gabby my American Bulldog

Hobbies/Interests: eating and drinking! lol I guess I need to get more hobbies. I like to read and I also like to waste time in front of the computer and TV. Both of these lead to me mindlessly nibbling on food. I'm trying to brainwash myself that working out is my favorite thing to do.

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 3, 2009

Starting Weight: 181 this morning, but I was 183 yesterday morning so it fluctuates you know

Present Weight: 181

Goal Weight: my high school weight of 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: mindless eating, boozing

Following any specific plan: no just plan on moving more and eating less and making healthier choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: hmmm I joined this group? I'm really tired of going on my boyfriend's boat every summer and leaving all my clothes on.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Everlasting 11-03-2009 05:03 PM

First name: Chris

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: None! Though I work with so many kids that sometimes I feel like I have at least 20.

Occupation: Full time student of biology/pre-occupational therapy, part time therapy provider for developmentally disabled youth, and part time campus cafeteria worker!

Pets: Tango (my fishy), and all my little potted plants that attempt to survive the winter in my bedroom.

Hobbies/Interests: Playing, Pranking, Belly dancing, Shooting (guns and archery!), Hiking, Guitar, Singing, Writing, Praisin' the Lord!

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2009

Starting Weight: 220 this time (as of August), but 250 as of a couple years ago.

Present Weight: 199

Goal Weight: 135 (I probably haven't weighed this much since I was in middle school)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Late nights studying, schedule full of work and school, knee pain.

Following any specific plan: I'm trying to exercise at least 30-60 minutes 5x a week, and eat more veggies as opposed to breads and pastas.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I never really tried in the past. I got down to this weight before but it was because I was really sick and couldn't eat without puking for about 2 months, so it all came right back when I recovered. I have been steadily losing weight since about the 250lb range when I started college, but it wasn't really a conscious effort... most likely just walking to classes, and being a biology major we have to take a lot of hikes in the woods for lab. Anyway, I want it to come off faster than a few pounds a year this time. I guess I did some research, and joined this forum for some support.

Anything else you would like to share with us: We're all in the 20-somethings! We have a lot of life before us and we may as well start now with new healthy lifestyles. I wish I would have known everything I do now when I was even younger. Blessings to everyone! I hope you can all reach your goals!

girlonfire 11-03-2009 05:24 PM

First name: Chloe

Geographical location: I hail from Corvallis, OR(no worries Jessica, I am not a Beaver fan!), I go to school in Indiana, and right now I am studying abroad in France.

Children/Ages: none, thank goodness!

Pets: A cat and an adorable fox terrier!

Hobbies/Interests: I love to sleep, read, listen to and tell stupid jokes, SLEEP, talk a lot, and play rugby. Oh and SING.

Height: Just a little under 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/29/09

Starting Weight: 243

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 160 for now; when I get there I might go down to 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging! And overcoming self-doubt.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercising; although my lack of steady internet access makes calorie counting difficult

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am so COMMITTED right now. And I have this WONDERFUL website to come to!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so excited to become a fabulous, fit, healthy person!