3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/158657-20-something-profiles.html)

PolynesianPrincess 05-15-2009 11:15 PM

First name: Jess

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages: 3 year old prince charming who will be 4 in June

Occupation
: Teacher/pre-k director, part-time stylist

Pets
: Does the child count? :lol3:

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, musical theatre, organizing, making things (recently bows and tutus for my niece)

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color
: Eyes: dark, dark, daaaark brown; Hair: Now? The girls at the salon call me Snow Cone Head. It's also naturally dark, dark, daaaark brown, but I currently have rainbow streaks due to a slow day at the salon.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Perpetual

Starting Weight: Sorry...not comfortable enough yet. :^:

Present Weight: Ditto

Goal Weight: I'm shooting for a size 14ish, whatever that equates to in pounds.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PCOS, boredom...and I like to sleep. :lol3:

Following any specific plan: My doc said the South Beach Diet is beneficial for PCOS, but I don't know yet how strictly that must be followed. Be more purposefully active (I love my Wii Fit and DDR!!). I run around with my little one, but I need to streamline.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that I have to work extra hard (PCOS), and I want to be able to do anything and everything my little guy wants to do (i.e., there's a 250 lb weight limit to go horseback riding at Disney World...in case he decides he ever wants to ride a horse there, etc.)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I spent almost an hour looking at the success stories, and I really hope I'm posting my own sooner than later!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Tummy Girl 05-17-2009 01:16 AM

First name: Rita

Geographical location: Central Canada

Marital Status: Married without the paperwork

Children/Ages: Daughter age 2

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: cooking (hmm, I wonder), reading, travelling, my friends

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: the eighth grade, honestly. But it was three days ago. I was at a healthy weight for three years thanks to this site but took a two year break to quite smoking, have a baby and gain 60 pounds.

Starting Weight: 223

Present Weight: 223

Goal Weight:157

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself, I'm a self sabateur which is why this site helps so much, accountibility.

Following any specific plan: calorie restriction and watching those carbs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, since I've had the baby and quit smoking already I should be golden now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope that's about it.

chunkychiq 05-18-2009 09:50 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 Parrots

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, Sleeping, and Eating

Height: 5' 2''

Eye/Hair Color: Black/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/18/2009

Starting Weight: 150 pounds

Present Weight: 150 pounds

Goal Weight: 110 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I have way too many big hurdles! To stop eating when I am stressed! Learn how to cook and motivate myself to exercise.

Following any specific plan: Not yet but I plan on going on a 1200 calorie/day diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I joined this site to be able to relate to others and get support :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have NEVER been able to wear a bikini which is so sad being that I live in Miami and that I am in my 20's! I'm also engaged and wish to drop this weight in time for my wedding.

krystalb 05-19-2009 08:34 PM

First name: Krystal

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Kaleb - 5 yo

Pets: cat-Spider

Hobbies/Interests: reading, wii, music, playing with my son

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1, 2009

Starting Weight: 245.6

Present Weight: 238.6

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating out

Following any specific plan: Slim Fast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've actually stuck with this 2 1/2 weeks.. anything else ive tried i couldnt even stick it out for 2 days

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hello All

amyleigh 05-21-2009 10:36 AM

hello!

Hey all! I just joined the forum...here's my info

First name: Amy

Geographical location: South Jersey

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: Finishing up a Teacher Certification program...so I guess student (for another month)

Pets: none :(

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, knitting, sewing, teaching myself guitar (not very well), playing with my little cousins

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/ red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August, 2008

Starting Weight:196 lbs.

Present Weight:163 lbs.

Goal Weight: 150 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lack of motivation...and will power

Following any specific plan: no, just cutting down my calorie intake and exercising (currently doing 30 day shred...i heart jillian)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I set a goal when I was in HS that I wanted to be in a bikini by the summer I was 25. Now I'm 25 and I want to prove to myself that I can achieve this goal.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not at the moment but if you want to know anything, just ask :)

janellody 05-21-2009 11:07 AM

First name: Janelle

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status: Married to the love of my life <3

Children/Ages: Next year!! Super excited, too!

Pets: 3 kitties.. my hubby won't let me get dogs :P

Hobbies/Interests: My hubby and I are gamers for life!

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are green, hair is darkish now, I change it up a lot.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: When I was born?? I can't remember not being on a diet... but this time was a couple weeks ago.

Starting Weight: Too high!

Present Weight: 4.7 pounds from too high!

Goal Weight: First goal is to lose 30 pounds... we will figure out another goal when I get there!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like to cheat on the weekends... alcohol is my friend on the weekends!

Following any specific plan: Diet To Go.. and I love it!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to be more serious. I am trying to end weekend cheating. I am trying to get to a decent weight so I can get pregnant and put it all back on :P

Anything else you would like to share with us: Yeah, Adam should have won American Idol!!! That is all.

StarCarly 05-21-2009 06:08 PM

First name: Carly

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: I'm at my parents' home for the summer, so I live with their dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Movies

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5-14-09

Starting Weight: 148.5 lbs

Present Weight: 146 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: At school I ate out of boredom, and ate whatever I craved at the moment. I have to learn to change that.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, light exercise (more than none), no fast food, mostly salads and healthy protein. I do give myself a free day on Sundays, which gives me something to look forward to.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been sticking to it this far, which is better than I've done before. Fast food no longer calls to me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so glad I found this site.

becki22 05-22-2009 10:03 AM

First name: Becki

Geographical location: Gloucestershire, UK

Marital Status: In Long Distance Relationship (Arggh!)

Pets: Cats with parents in Wales

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, running, gardening my balcony (it can be done!)

Height: 5ft 7ish

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Brown curly hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:22nd May 2009!

Starting Weight: 168lb

Present Weight:168lb

Goal Weight: 140lb ir thereabouts - when I feel healthy and strong and lean.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I loooove food! Especially carbs.

Following any specific plan: Masses of exercise followed by masses of vegetables. And wholegrains and fish, of course!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Goal is to be healthy, not thin. Have masses of encouragement from The Boy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Would love to hear from anyone else dieting under the pressures of a long-distance relationship!

skinnywish 05-22-2009 12:14 PM

Whoops...Never Properly Intro'd Myself...Here it is!

First name: Caley

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Newlywed! (March 2009)

Pets: None yet

Hobbies/Interests: Making jewelry, drawing and painting, gardening, cooking, learning to run!

Height: 5ft 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Ummm, always?

Starting Weight: 169

Present Weight:161

Goal Weight: 145 (first goal - I'll see how I feel at that weight!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to cook and I love to eat!

Following any specific plan: Trying to eat whole foods, sort of Mediterranean style...running...lots of water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to run a half marathon in October and get fit before I have kids!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love 3FC and even if I don't type a lot, I read A LOT and thank you all for your help/inspiration/education!

piggytippy 05-26-2009 01:40 AM

First name: Chloe

Geographical location: Chicago

Children/Ages: No kids!

Pets: None, currently.

Hobbies/Interests: rollerblading, reading, sleeping, running

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 22, 2009

Starting Weight:141

Present Weight: 141

Goal Weight: 120-125-- whatever looks good!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Really awful body image + huge candy obsession.

Following any specific plan: No, eating "healthy"/exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to embrace a healthy perspective towards food! I love to eat, but usually when I try to lose weight I go 100% extreme and start denying myself and demonizing all food... I've felt awful about my body after eating carrots before. That can't be healthy...

Anything else you would like to share with us: Really excited about being healthy! And I know I can't do it myself... I need help!

SarahMorgan 05-26-2009 03:32 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Son, Jordan almost 12!!! Daughters, Camryn (9) and Hannah, almost 6

Occupation: I have been a stay at home mom since my oldest was born, but started home daycare about 2 years ago.

Pets: Nope

Hobbies/Interests: Playing on the computer, scrapbooking

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5-18-09

Starting Weight: 222lbs

Present Weight: 218lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Having a husband who eats fast food 2-3 times a day in front of me and drinks mt dew all day long, both of the things I used to do and wish like crazy I could still do. :(

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, watching fat/carb intake and no pop or fast food.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am heavier than ever and my kids are starting to make comments about it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am not allowed (per doctor) to work out at all, so weight loss is much slower this time than any other time in the past.

Skinnycow 05-26-2009 09:52 PM

First name: Corrie

Geographical location: Maryland

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Shopping, Movies

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 23, 2009

Starting Weight: 269

Present Weight: 246

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to start

Following any specific plan: WeightWatchers at home

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm eating alot of healthier foods rather than small amounts of junk

Anything else you would like to share with us:

galaxia2002 05-26-2009 11:01 PM

First name: Alana

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Marital Status: Committed relationship

Pets: dog, cat, frogs, snakes, lizard, fish

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Shopping, Movies

Height: 5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 24, 2009

Starting Weight: 172.8

Present Weight: 172.6

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting motivated to start

Following any specific plan: Counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: counting calories!

BeautyandtheBeast 05-27-2009 08:59 AM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: East Midlands, UK

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None but I hope to start a family once I am married

Occupation: None at present as I just lost my job. My ideal job would be a housewife / stay at home mum but only once I am married

Pets: A gorgeous springer spaniel named Jazz and a tortoise shell cat named Jupiter, though she is at my parents house

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, day dreaming, spending time with my fiance and friends, playing video games, taking walks and runs with Jazz, clothes shopping, and taking hot bubble baths. My interests include political science, medieval history, the rennaisance, victorian era, 40s and 50s, etiquette and home making, rollar coasters and girlie things.

Height: 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Of my current journey, 24 May 2009. But my journey in its entirey has been going on for a very long time.

Starting Weight: 159lb

Present Weight: 159lb

Goal Weight: 133lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Laziness and not eating the same as my fiance since he eats anything and everything

Following any specific plan: Not really. I prefer to count weight watchers points rather than colaories since I have all the weight watchers books but I haven't really said to myself, right you are going to do weight watchers or any other plan. I'm really just trying to be sensible and not deny myself of anything or think of myself as being on a diet - I've been down that route so many times and it never works.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'mn not as impatient as I used to be, and I don't hate myself anymore. I'm a happy person and I'm happy with how I am for the most part. I don't think i'm gross like I used to and I don't punish myself with fad diets anymore either. I just want to lose a bit of weight but I want to do it properly.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm happy to be here :)

Zen 05-28-2009 04:33 AM

First name: Zenobia (zen)

Geographical location: U.S.

Marital Status: going on two years of marriage

Children/Ages: oh no. hahahahahaha.

Pets: an evil kitteh named Ringo (she's pretty brand new and my first cat! lol- i feel like a proud parent or something. is that weird?! lol)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, being in the woods, wine, camping, learning, cooking, eating, wine, thinking, philosophy, theories, talking about ideas, having fun, laughing, escaping reality, heated discussions, staying up all night, being barefoot...

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: eyes are milk chocolate brown. hair? eh, it depends. usually blond-ish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: pretty much all my life. this go? well, no time like the present!

Starting Weight:140ish

Present Weight:140ish

Goal Weight:120ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: i eat just to eat. sometimes emotional, sometimes boredom. or just because i can....

Following any specific plan:right now i'm trying to carb cycle. sometimes being strict is best for me. not going to continue on this- i just want to find food uninteresting in the sense of stuffing my face/belly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: well, not sure. i think from the last time around i developed some issues. i just want to get my mind off food and on to working out, keeping busy, finding balance. i guess the big thing is sticking to a plan and then developing, and sticking to, a way of life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: well, i lost weight a few years back- from about where i am now to my lowest of 116. i have done tons of research on the topic, i have a weird eclectic knowledge of many things weight loss related and many friends who have lots of knowledge, and they have taught me well, but i just have to put it back into use... i gained the weight back when we got ready to move across the country. well, i think my "affliction" got to me a bit before we moved, but i just want to get over it and get on with my life. :D